Netanyahu: Abbas must say he accepts ‘the Jewish state’

Originally posted by toomuchtime
If you look at the outcomes of Barak's and Olmert's very generous offers it is clear that no substantial progress can be made unless Arab leaders change their thinking about Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state and announce it to their people.

Only if you call "substantial progress" the total delegitimation of any palestinian "leaders" who make such announcement followed by their complete exclusion from the palestinian political life.

Israel thinks that if they toss the Palestinians a few bones everyone should be happy.

José;3788408 said:
If you look at the outcomes of Barak's and Olmert's very generous offers it is clear that no substantial progress can be made unless Arab leaders change their thinking about Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state and announce it to their people.

Only if you call "substantial progress" the total delegitimation of any palestinian "leaders" who make such announcement followed by their complete exclusion from the palestinian political life.

I agree. The Palestinian Arabs will have to be prepared by their leaders to accept realistic terms before it makes sense to talk about a Palestinian state. The problem is, of course, that they have no leaders with the courage or talent necessary to do this, and if they did, they would have to be prepared to be rejected by the rest of the Arab world if they did this.

José;3788408 said:

I agree. The Palestinian Arabs will have to be prepared by their leaders to accept realistic terms before it makes sense to talk about a Palestinian state. The problem is, of course, that they have no leaders with the courage or talent necessary to do this, and if they did, they would have to be prepared to be rejected by the rest of the Arab world if they did this.

Any agreement proposed by the Palestinian leaders has to pass referendum with all the Palestinians including the refugees.

If there is no right to return the proposal will fail. Until Israel is willing to step up to the plate there is no use in talking.

José;3788408 said:

Any agreement proposed by the Palestinian leaders has to pass referendum with all the Palestinians including the refugees.

If there is no right to return the proposal will fail. Until Israel is willing to step up to the plate there is no use in talking.

As I said, the Palestinian Arabs will have to be prepared for realistic solutions. The best the refugees can hope for is financial and political assistance from the international community in settling somewhere other than Israel.

As I said, the Palestinian Arabs will have to be prepared for realistic solutions. The best the refugees can hope for is financial and political assistance from the international community in settling somewhere other than Israel.

The best the refugees can hope for is financial and political assistance from the international community

And not from the freeloaders who stole their stuff.

The best the refugees can hope for is financial and political assistance from the international community

Don't be silly. Since this would take place in the context of a final status settlement, Israel would already have done plenty for the Palestinian Arabs, giving them a state so that those refugees who wanted to spend the rest of their lives in poverty under a totalitarian government could move to Gaza or the West Bank.

Don't be silly. Since this would take place in the context of a final status settlement, Israel would already have done plenty for the Palestinian Arabs, giving them a state so that those refugees who wanted to spend the rest of their lives in poverty under a totalitarian government could move to Gaza or the West Bank.

How could Israel give them a state? Israel doesn't have anything to give them.

Netanyahu: Abbas must... 06-24-2011 09:45 PM Jroc Just can't uderstand how you got in the green

Because I only get negative reps from the same few losers.

"A state" is a meaningless term.
Cool, then it makes no sense for palistanians to chase one, harassing and molesting the international community with it, unless it's one of their typical occupations, of course.
A 15 year old Plymouth with no muffler and bad breaks is "a car."
Then it makes no sense for palistanians not to have one of those and drive it too, of course.

When Jordan took over they did not throw everyone out. That might make a difference.
How so, if those palisturds, now sunbathing in Lebanon, and whom sheikh Qabbani, the mufti of Lebanon, wants to brotherly boot out, had, originally, been booted out of Jordan by the late king Hussain?

Forum List

Back