Neck and Neck

Using specifics what's so terrible about the Tea Party?

I could provide a list of things the Tea Party has done and said that make the undecideds think twice, but I suspect you would agree with all of them. The short answer is, undecideds probably aren't big Tea Party fans.

Likewise the undecideds will be doing a like of thinking twice regarding Obama as well. maybe moreso.

Yup, could be. I'm told that undecideds tend to break more for the challenger.

I could provide a list of things the Tea Party has done and said that make the undecideds think twice, but I suspect you would agree with all of them. The short answer is, undecideds probably aren't big Tea Party fans.

Likewise the undecideds will be doing a like of thinking twice regarding Obama as well. maybe moreso.

Yup, could be. I'm told that undecideds tend to break more for the challenger.

I thought so too until I did some research. Not so sure there is a trend on how they vote.

Undecided break for who they'd like to go have a beer with. Karl Rove once noted this.

And the end of the day, people will make a decision about whether they like Mitt Romney personally, and a little Mitt Romney goes a long way to annoy people.

Case in point, his approval rating in MA was 37% when he left, and he's not even competing in his home state.

Well... I have very little doubt, although he would likely never say it, Ron cringes every time someone says he's the father of the Tea Party.

If you look at polls, the Tea Party isn't popular outside the Tea Party.

Yeah, and I strongly suspect that there are many in the GOP who appreciate and value the TP's energy, but wish those folks would sit down in the back of the bus otherwise.

However if an incumbent... truly is a great success, then there would not be such a divide. Hence he should be way ahead.

Hard to be a complete success when you have (R)etards blocking everything in the house. People see this and that is why Congress has it's lowest approval EVER. the Republicans just had their convention, historically a presidential candidate goes up in the polls after their respective convention. A true litmus test will be after the DNC is over.

But, the ultimate question is going to be whether or not people want to go back to policies that led us into this hole. Out of all questions, accusations and facts that question will be what haunts the minds of Independents and swing voters.

And it is a perfectly legitimate and factual question.

Maybe. It's the characterization of the Tea Party more than the reality of what they stand for.
Well... I have very little doubt, although he would likely never say it, Ron cringes every time someone says he's the father of the Tea Party.

Because the Tea Party is basically bought and paid for. They use different reasons to meet the same ends that republican party promotes. They actually get quite a few people who sway to them on what they say... But for those of us who go by what they DO... *shrugs* Bought and paid for.

I mean a plan to balance the budget in 30 years? WITH a changing baseline of the debt during those 30 years? That's just more inflation. I don't want to balance the budget with inflation. That just kills the middle class.

Yeah, and I strongly suspect that there are many in the GOP who appreciate and value the TP's energy, but wish those folks would sit down in the back of the bus otherwise.

And the Democrats wish the same about some of their farthest left. Seems both parties can come together in embarrassment if nothing else.

For all practical purposes the race is still too close for either to claim victory.

The question is why?

If Obama is a man of the people and Romney out of touch...

If Obamacare is wanted by so many Americans.

If Michelle is Mrs. Wonderful but Ann Romney is a Stepford Wife.

If Obama is likable, Romney is not.

If Dems are the future and Republicans are the past.

If there are more registered Dems than Republicans.

If Obama was a successful Senator and Romney a failed Governor.

I could go on...

So why isn't a so called great President neck and neck with a so called weak candidate.

BTW, Obama said after Eastwood's speech Republicans are living n the past YET he drags out Clinton whose shoes he isn't fit to shine.

He should be way out in front especially since the Dems swear up and down that his policies are working.

The election isn't as close as you're trying to portray. Romney has never (and will never be) been ahead in electoral votes from ANY polling. The reason why the popular sentiment is so closely divided is because there are a lot of people in this country afraid of the future and worry about stores not being able to stock fatty foods and that China may invade at any moment and destroy their #1 trading partner. Why they're afraid of such nonsense is beyond me. I think it has more to do with a certain color of state, let's take red for example, and a certain personality trait, let's take resistance to education for another example.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Rasmussen's polls have been showing ROmney gaining on and overtaking Obama. Today's result starts to factor in the convention, because he uses 3 day rolling results.
This race will not even be close. The Democrats erected a Potemkin Village in NC and everyone saw it. They were fractured. They had to lie a lot. THey had to shrink their setting to avoid looking puny. Gone are the crowds and fake Greek columns.
In 1980 it was neck and neck until the debates. Even then no one predicted the landslide that went for Reagan, who was derided as a weak candidate, out of touch and a reactionary cowboy.

Romney is an excellent candidate. He is a centrist, which Democrats tell us all the time we need to win. He has built an excellent campaign organization and is doing fine. He has focised on the central issue of the election--the economy--and is beating Obama up just like he should.

No, this will be a blow out. Gop control of Congress and the Presidency. And as long as they remember who sent them there and why they'll do just fine.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Rasmussen's polls have been showing ROmney gaining on and overtaking Obama. Today's result starts to factor in the convention, because he uses 3 day rolling results.
This race will not even be close. The Democrats erected a Potemkin Village in NC and everyone saw it. They were fractured. They had to lie a lot. THey had to shrink their setting to avoid looking puny. Gone are the crowds and fake Greek columns.
In 1980 it was neck and neck until the debates. Even then no one predicted the landslide that went for Reagan, who was derided as a weak candidate, out of touch and a reactionary cowboy.

Romney is an excellent candidate. He is a centrist, which Democrats tell us all the time we need to win. He has built an excellent campaign organization and is doing fine. He has focised on the central issue of the election--the economy--and is beating Obama up just like he should.

No, this will be a blow out. Gop control of Congress and the Presidency. And as long as they remember who sent them there and why they'll do just fine.

Romney is a "shitty choice", ask grumps. To capitalize on his "bounce" he took days off after the convention.

Obama is cruising and you'll get a cold dose of reality on 11/6. I can't blame you for pussying out of the challenge I made to you.

Romney is a "shitty choice", ask grumps. To capitalize on his "bounce" he took days off after the convention.

Obama is cruising and you'll get a cold dose of reality on 11/6. I can't blame you for pussying out of the challenge I made to you.

Saying it doesn't make it true. Saying it in every post makes it sound like the only person you're trying to persuade is you.
Romney is organized and the GOP is united. Obama is incompetent and the Democrats are in disarray.

Saying it doesn't make it true. Saying it in every post makes it sound like the only person you're trying to persuade is you.
Romney is organized and the GOP is united. Obama is incompetent and the Democrats are in disarray.

The Democrats are ahead and that is where they will stay. The GOP is united...riiiight. I guess you missed the auditions for 2016 last week.

Romney pulled ahead in NC and is probably leading in FL, which the Democrats have written off.
Iowa is a dead heat, with Romney pulling up. The largest sample of likely voters puts Romney ahead of Obama in Michigan.
Nope, your boy is done. Stick a fork in him. We still have the debates to go and Romney will go to town on Obama for his record of failures and poor performance.

Romney pulled ahead in NC and is probably leading in FL, which the Democrats have written off.
Iowa is a dead heat, with Romney pulling up. The largest sample of likely voters puts Romney ahead of Obama in Michigan.
Nope, your boy is done. Stick a fork in him. We still have the debates to go and Romney will go to town on Obama for his record of failures and poor performance.

Then you should accept my challenge. Oh wait, you didn't REALLY mean any of that what you just said, right?

Then you should accept my challenge. Oh wait, you didn't REALLY mean any of that what you just said, right?

I'd settle for total capitulation on your part.

The only state Romney is leading in is NC. Obama is ahead in Florida and just about every other swing state.

And did you forget how much Romney stunk in the debates?

You know, the ones were his fellow Republicans all didn't like him and if Perry didn't turn out to be such a retard he really didn't do that well?

For all practical purposes the race is still too close for either to claim victory.

The question is why?

I could go on...

So why isn't a so called great President neck and neck with a so called weak candidate.

BTW, Obama said after Eastwood's speech Republicans are living n the past YET he drags out Clinton whose shoes he isn't fit to shine.

He should be way out in front especially since the Dems swear up and down that his policies are working.

Actually, it's probably not going to be close at all, and the media is doing its best to make it look close to keep interest.

The last thing they want is 1996 where no one was paying much attention. That doesn't sell time on the newschannels.

Fact is, Romney is trailing in 10 of 11 "Swing States" and he needs to take at least 8 of those back to have any real chance of winning.

And the MSM Hasn't even gotten started on this guy yet.

Correct, it’s all about the EC math.

Even the gloomiest scenarios for Obama get him to or just above 270. Romney doesn’t have that luxury. He not only needs to win every state he's supposed to win, but needs to win those he isn't.

That is a great question.

I think it's because a bunch of republicans chose the wrong candidate to run against him.

If the Republicans chose the wrong candidate then why isn't Obama way ahead. That's my point.
Oh... No... See... *I* think that 4 years of a shit presidency that Obama has shown should mean whoever ran against him would basically be a shoe in.

But this is just like Bush's second term when Kerry ran against him. What the fuck were the democrats thinking by going with Kerry?

Well... Here it's the same way I think. What the fuck were the republicans thinking when they went with Willard?

To be fair, the GOP didn’t have much of a choice.

Those who could have beaten Obama elected to wait for 2016, after Obama’s second term – which is a smart move given the republican nominee that year will be the next president.

The question is why?

I could go on...

Actually, it's probably not going to be close at all, and the media is doing its best to make it look close to keep interest.

The last thing they want is 1996 where no one was paying much attention. That doesn't sell time on the newschannels.

Fact is, Romney is trailing in 10 of 11 "Swing States" and he needs to take at least 8 of those back to have any real chance of winning.

And the MSM Hasn't even gotten started on this guy yet.

Correct, it’s all about the EC math.

Even the gloomiest scenarios for Obama get him to or just above 270. Romney doesn’t have that luxury. He not only needs to win every state he's supposed to win, but needs to win those he isn't.

Uh,no.
Obama won many states by 1 or 2 points. Any swing back, and most of those states have above average UE, will move it to Romney.
Romney is planning on going into safe states for Obama. Obama has given up Florida. Which team has momentum here?

Forum List

Back