Nebraska governor makes right call on federal aid

Don't want to derail your thread, but 3rd parties are deliberately and ruthlessly crushed - Nader successfully sued master Democrat criminal McAwful for this behavior in 2004.

And the other half of the criminal duopoly will do similar things to protect Trump from No Labels in 2024 if necessary.

Peace & respect. :)
Like I said, there is no duopoly and given the rules a third party would eventually make it a triopoly in the minds of those llike yourself. Both parties do not suppportt the same thing.

I'm quite sure former Nebraska strong safety Jim Pillen won't reject government subsidies (WELFARE) for farmers or for increased law enforcement in Omaha, but this...

Nebraska governor stands firm on rejection of federal money to feed food-insecure children​

Nebraska's Republican governor on Friday reiterated his rejection of $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

Nebraska will not participate in the 2024 Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer for Children — or Summer EBT — program, Gov. Jim Pillen said in a written statement. That statement came as advocates for children and low-income families held a news conference outside the Governor’s Mansion in Lincoln to call on Pillen to change his mind before the Jan. 1 deadline to sign up for the program.

The program — part of federal assistance made available during the COVID-19 pandemic — would provide pre-loaded EBT cards to families whose children are eligible for free and reduced-price lunches at school. Those families would receive $40 per eligible child per month over the summer. The cards can be used to buy groceries, similar to how SNAP benefits are used.

“COVID-19 is over, and Nebraska taxpayers expect that pandemic-era government relief programs will end too," Pillen said in his statement. Pillen announced on Dec. 19 that Nebraska would not participate in the program. He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don't believe in welfare."

MSN

"We will fight for the unborn, but once they are born, they are on their own". This is the Republican way.
Oh good. More racist screed and illogical posturing from lil im.2.

Like I said, I don't need you to tell mee what food insecurity is. I have seen food insecurity annd it is not what you want it to be. And again, that governor is all for corporate welfare, farm welfare, oil welfare, and increased law enforcement welfare even as his state is mostly rural.
No one gives a shit if you worked in a social position .. it's pretty clear that food insecurity does not equal hunger .. just lack of fancy brands and choices, so welfare jane needs to get the cheap ass generic brand of items instead of the name brand items. Welfare is just a fancy way of saying government dependence and enslavement.

What about centre Right, or slightly more than centre Right as opposed those that are Right wing?

Apologises for taxing your brain.
Stupid question, not a tax on my brain. I said right wing, that includes those groups.

Do you know what "food insecure" really means? Hint: It doesn't mean starvation.
A lot of people don't know this, or don't take notice, but other than freak accidents nobody actually starves to death in the United States. Nobody. We have it great here. Fat and spoiled first worlders have no limit on what they can take for granted.

No one gives a shit if you worked in a social position .. it's pretty clear that food insecurity does not equal hunger .. just lack of fancy brands and choices, so welfare jane needs to get the cheap ass generic brand of items instead of the name brand items. Welfare is just a fancy way of saying government dependence and enslavement.
The fact I did so means that your opinion in my view has no merit because you don't know wtf you're talkking about. What that governor is doing WILL cut children off from beiing able to eat.

It's stupid to expect parents to properly raise their children? Given the behavior of children in your communities, I can see why you'd think that.
Parents should have the right to choose how many children they have. How many they can afford. But that choice has been taken from them in many states.

The fact I did so means that your opinion in my view has no merit because you don't know wtf you're talkking about. What that governor is doing WILL cut children off from beiing able to eat.
My opinion is what food insecurity means .. beyond that .. this is where charities will step up without costing the taxpayer to support those that didn't make the best life decisions.

Parents should have the right to choose how many children they have. How many they can afford. But that choice has been taken from them in many states.

Simple, if you want more children, get pregnant.

If you don't want more, don't get pregnant and take the steps necessary to prevent it.

My opinion is what food insecurity means .. beyond that .. this is where charities will step up without costing the taxpayer to support those that didn't make the best life decisions.

democrats would rather the gov't. take money by force and "give" it to their chosen winners.

They are the least giving people on the planet.

How about not having more than they can feed...
Another dumb opinion. How about paying wages whereby such programs are not neccessary?
Because most people liike sex. You might not, but that's on you. And with Nebraska wanting to ban abortion...

democrats would rather the gov't. take money by force and "give" it to their chosen winners.

They are the least giving people on the planet.
No, that's what Republicans do. Along with projection such as what you posted..

Food insecurity, a bullshit term used to make people believe it equals hunger, really means "reliance on cheaper foods, store brands, alternatives or a reduced variety..." These programs only create further government dependence, and no better way to keep them funded then to create a level of anxiety ..

In fact .. "food insecure" people are more likely to be obese.
Actually you point out how it's more expensive to eat healthy. That fattening junk foods are cheaper than healthier alternatives.

What is the true cost of eating healthy?
A recent study from Harvard showed that a healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one, for an average family of four ($500 per person).Jan 10, 2023

Another dumb opinion. How about paying wages whereby such programs are not neccessary?
Because most people liike sex. You might not, but that's on you. And with Nebraska wanting to ban abortion...
How about fathers that have children raise them so we don't have to. Lots of people like sex. Most of us know how to have it without getting pregnant. If your wages aren't enough to support 7 children, have less children or get a better job.

Actually you point out how it's more expensive to eat healthy. That fattening junk foods are cheaper than healthier alternatives.

What is the true cost of eating healthy?
A recent study from Harvard showed that a healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one, for an average family of four ($500 per person).Jan 10, 2023
Absolutely correct .. healthy food is more expensive, yet, government funded programs provide ample opportunity to buy crap .. like soft drinks, chips, snack cakes (e.g. little debbie) and junk food.

Forum List

Back