Nebraska governor makes right call on federal aid

I'm quite sure former Nebraska strong safety Jim Pillen won't reject government subsidies (WELFARE) for farmers or for increased law enforcement in Omaha, but this...

Nebraska governor stands firm on rejection of federal money to feed food-insecure children​

Nebraska's Republican governor on Friday reiterated his rejection of $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

Nebraska will not participate in the 2024 Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer for Children — or Summer EBT — program, Gov. Jim Pillen said in a written statement. That statement came as advocates for children and low-income families held a news conference outside the Governor’s Mansion in Lincoln to call on Pillen to change his mind before the Jan. 1 deadline to sign up for the program.

The program — part of federal assistance made available during the COVID-19 pandemic — would provide pre-loaded EBT cards to families whose children are eligible for free and reduced-price lunches at school. Those families would receive $40 per eligible child per month over the summer. The cards can be used to buy groceries, similar to how SNAP benefits are used.

“COVID-19 is over, and Nebraska taxpayers expect that pandemic-era government relief programs will end too," Pillen said in his statement. Pillen announced on Dec. 19 that Nebraska would not participate in the program. He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don't believe in welfare."

MSN

"We will fight for the unborn, but once they are born, they are on their own". This is the Republican way.
Do you know what "food insecure" really means? Hint: It doesn't mean starvation.

Don't be stupid. Parents should be able to decide how many children they can haave too, or to stop the birth of a child that won't live after its born too, but Nebraska has no problem deciding that.
Playing football with child hunger...

Classy move by both criminal political parties/gangs.

Playing football with child hunger...

Classy move by both criminal political parties/gangs.
There is only one party dooing this and where is the third party solution?

I did social work for 30 yearrs, I know what happens to food insecure families and children.
I respect you and am not surprised by this.

You're a good person, and I wish you could escape the grip of the OTHER criminal political gang and it's sinister lies/arson.

I did social work for 30 yearrs, I know what happens to food insecure families and children.
Food insecurity, a bullshit term used to make people believe it equals hunger, really means "reliance on cheaper foods, store brands, alternatives or a reduced variety..." These programs only create further government dependence, and no better way to keep them funded then to create a level of anxiety ..

In fact .. "food insecure" people are more likely to be obese.

I respect you and am not surprised by this.

You're a good person, and I wish you could escape the grip of the OTHER criminal political gang and it's sinister lies/arson.
I see everything and I just don't fall for the both sides are bad bs by people who offer no solutions. There is really only 1 criminal gang.

Well, one criminal duopoly, yes.

Hammered by the criminal duopoly - haven't we discussed this?

The Crips and Bloods don't want no other gangs messing around in their territories.
There is no duopoly. All the other gangs have to do is get enough support to be on the ballot.

There was no such fraud.
Fraud and much, much worse.
Besides COVID hit during a Republican administration.
And criminal Democrats took full advantage.

But I don't want to derail your thread.

You're right as far as this goes, though I do understand why from a political perspective this dooshguv would be resistant.

It's disgusting, but strategically understandable.

I'm quite sure former Nebraska strong safety Jim Pillen won't reject government subsidies (WELFARE) for farmers or for increased law enforcement in Omaha, but this...

Nebraska governor stands firm on rejection of federal money to feed food-insecure children​

Nebraska's Republican governor on Friday reiterated his rejection of $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

Nebraska will not participate in the 2024 Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer for Children — or Summer EBT — program, Gov. Jim Pillen said in a written statement. That statement came as advocates for children and low-income families held a news conference outside the Governor’s Mansion in Lincoln to call on Pillen to change his mind before the Jan. 1 deadline to sign up for the program.

The program — part of federal assistance made available during the COVID-19 pandemic — would provide pre-loaded EBT cards to families whose children are eligible for free and reduced-price lunches at school. Those families would receive $40 per eligible child per month over the summer. The cards can be used to buy groceries, similar to how SNAP benefits are used.

“COVID-19 is over, and Nebraska taxpayers expect that pandemic-era government relief programs will end too," Pillen said in his statement. Pillen announced on Dec. 19 that Nebraska would not participate in the program. He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don't believe in welfare."

MSN

"We will fight for the unborn, but once they are born, they are on their own". This is the Republican way.
What about centre Right, or slightly more than centre Right as opposed those that are Right wing?

Apologises for taxing your brain.

Food insecurity, a bullshit term used to make people believe it equals hunger, really means "reliance on cheaper foods, store brands, alternatives or a reduced variety..." These programs only create further government dependence, and no better way to keep them funded then to create a level of anxiety ..

In fact .. "food insecure" people are more likely to be obese.
Like I said, I don't need you to tell mee what food insecurity is. I have seen food insecurity annd it is not what you want it to be. And again, that governor is all for corporate welfare, farm welfare, oil welfare, and increased law enforcement welfare even as his state is mostly rural.

There is no duopoly. All the other gangs have to do is get enough support to be on the ballot.
Don't want to derail your thread, but 3rd parties are deliberately and ruthlessly crushed - Nader successfully sued master Democrat criminal McAwful for this behavior in 2004.

And the other half of the criminal duopoly will do similar things to protect Trump from No Labels in 2024 if necessary.

Peace & respect. :)

Fraud and much, much worse.

And criminal Democrats took full advantage.

But I don't want to derail your thread.

You're right as far as this goes, though I do understand why from a political perspective this dooshguv would be resistant.

It's disgusting, but strategically understandable.
Not how it happened.

Forum List

Back