NBC omits "under God"

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
During sunday's US Open golf tournament, NBC ran a segment where they showed kids reciting the pledge of allegiance, which was great. But they edited out the "under God" words, similar to what president Obama himself did awhile back in a speech I think. They got a lot of blowback from irrate viewers complaining about the omission, so they apologized saying it was not done to upset anyone.

Well I'm not sure about that, but I am sure it was done intentionally, as did Obama. I have to question why, surely they know this is going to inflame a lot of people. And for what? You know what, I think it comes down to arrogance, an eliteist position of gov't over God. It's deliberately done with condescension and shows a lack of respect for any other view but thir own. It's like we don't care what you think, if you don't agree then you're wrong and should be ignored or at least discounted.

During sunday's US Open golf tournament, NBC ran a segment where they showed kids reciting the pledge of allegiance, which was great. But they edited out the "under God" words, similar to what president Obama himself did awhile back in a speech I think. They got a lot of blowback from irrate viewers complaining about the omission, so they apologized saying it was not done to upset anyone.

Well I'm not sure about that, but I am sure it was done intentionally, as did Obama. I have to question why, surely they know this is going to inflame a lot of people. And for what? You know what, I think it comes down to arrogance, an eliteist position of gov't over God. It's deliberately done with condescension and shows a lack of respect for any other view but thir own. It's like we don't care what you think, if you don't agree then you're wrong and should be ignored or at least discounted.

In Golf one must keep one's own score card. God has nothing to do with it like as in football.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disgusting. But you know what. Americans no longer care. And then we wonder why we have so many issues.

I never said it once I was old enough to think

The left's religious bigotry and hatred is not something that the majority of Americans agree with.

NBC capitulated and apologized.

The majority of Americans, even after decades of relentless leftist propaganda, do not share the left's morals and values. They do not share your abhorrence, hatred, disdain for religion that you, and those on the left, constantly espouse.

The left's religious bigotry and hatred is not something that the majority of Americans agree with.

The majority of Americans, even after decades of relentless leftist propaganda, do not share the left's morals and values. They do not share your abhorrence, hatred, disdain for religion that you, and those on the left, constantly espouse.

This post makes it sound like you hold absolutely no bigotry towards atheists.

None whatsoever.......................................

This post makes it sound like you hold absolutely no bigotry towards atheists.

None whatsoever.......................................

Whats the old line? " I dont care what you practice behind closed doors...."

Its less bigotry towards atheists and more of a backlash towards atheists who can't tolerate even the mention of religion, the uttering of the word "God", or symbols like a cross on some hilltop. Basically they want everyone to have to live by thier sterile view of no religion anywhere at anytime, and if they have even a sliver of legal standing, they will try to get said saying/symbol/utterance removed.

To me they just as bad as annoying evangelical christians, with more smugness.

They left out 'indivisible' as well, so it looks like the mistake of the editor of the piece.

Judging by the response of some in this thread, it appears many have very thin skins and are easy to offend.

Maybe some of the kids would have liked to have said "under God"?

I am not sure if this is really a religious issue or whether the truly elite liberals are trying to convince everybody else that basic human rights are granted by the gov't rather than by God. Now I'm not a believer in God myself, although I am still open to the question, but I think basic human rights are NOT granted by any gov't but rather by simply being born a human being. IMHO, gov't is supposed to protect those rights, but it does not grant them. The eliteist left would have us believe otherwise, and that's why we see this crap.

Forum List

Back