Nazi Memorabilia

What was left of a Revolutionary War Brown Bess musket...

bb1.jpg

colt no 2_2.jpg

hungarian 43m2.jpg

japanese type 88 casing1.jpg

protector1.jpg

rem rb1.jpg

win 1890_1.jpg

win1905_1.jpg

woodsman1.jpg

What's the rolling block chambered for?

Don't even remember. That was from a few years ago and it was pretty much inoperable.

No rollingblock is inoperable. So long as the receiver isn't cracked they are recoverable.

It was pretty rusty. I think it was in a .32 rimfire, but don't quote me on that.

That's a military configuration so if it was .30 cal ish, it would most likely have been 7mm Mauser.

That's a military configuration so if it was .30 cal ish, it would most likely have been 7mm Mauser.

It was in pretty bad shape. But I think I only gave $15 for it, if I remember correctly.

More stuff I've found at garage sales by simply asking...

View attachment 805402
View attachment 805403
View attachment 805404
View attachment 805405
View attachment 805406
View attachment 805407
View attachment 805408
View attachment 805409
View attachment 805410
View attachment 805411
View attachment 805412

A Type 99 Arisaka with bayonet and capture papers. (The flag wasn't real)

View attachment 805413
View attachment 805414

A smoothbore Japanese Arisaka training rifle...

View attachment 805415

Another Japanese Arisaka. Quite a few of these came home with GIs during WW2...

View attachment 805416
Piker....I used to find that many in a season when I was yard sale-ing hard.

But yeah, you have to ask and look for "clues".

I ran up on a guy one Saturday morning and he had two sealed cans of LC M2 ammo and while paying for those I asked if he had any guns to get rid of.

I left there with 16 milsurp rifles, a P.38, and a couple of Model 10 S&W .38 special revolvers....Even a original .36 Colt Pocket Navy revolver.

Most of the milsurps were ho-hum but I got both a Winchester M1 Garand, a Winchester M1 Carbine, and a really nice all Eddystone M1917 US Enfield.

I too have a soft spot for Jap rifles. Type 99s in particular. I only keep the ones with the original Urushi finish. I don't keep Type 38s unless they are the Cavalry models.

I've yet to run-up on a "gate hinge" Type 1 "paratrooper" though a couple Type 2s have passed through my hands over the years.

The fun is in the "hunt". ;)

Piker....I used to find that many in a season when I was yard sale-ing hard.

But yeah, you have to ask and look for "clues".

I ran up on a guy one Saturday morning and he had two sealed cans of LC M2 ammo and while paying for those I asked if he had any guns to get rid of.

I left there with 16 milsurp rifles, a P.38, and a couple of Model 10 S&W .38 special revolvers....Even a original .36 Colt Pocket Navy revolver.

Most of the milsurps were ho-hum but I got both a Winchester M1 Garand, a Winchester M1 Carbine, and a really nice all Eddystone M1917 US Enfield.

I too have a soft spot for Jap rifles. Type 99s in particular. I only keep the ones with the original Urushi finish. I don't keep Type 38s unless they are the Cavalry models.

I've yet to run-up on a "gate hinge" Type 1 "paratrooper" though a couple Type 2s have passed through my hands over the years.

The fun is in the "hunt". ;)

Ahh, but I didn't pay over $120 for any of those things pictured, and that the Colt Woodman in the last pic. Bought it from a gay guy who bought stuff at auctions and didn't know what to do with it. Every other rifle and pistol pictured were picked up for $30 - $60. Most people having garage sales don't know anything about gun values.

And you're right about the "clues." People's stuff says a lot about them. A gun cleaning kit, gun sock, half-used box of ammo, all clues.

Ahh, but I didn't pay over $120 for any of those things pictured, and that the Colt Woodman in the last pic. Bought it from a gay guy who bought stuff at auctions and didn't know what to do with it. Every other rifle and pistol pictured were picked up for $30 - $60. Most people having garage sales don't know anything about gun values.

And you're right about the "clues." People's stuff says a lot about them. A gun cleaning kit, gun sock, half-used box of ammo, all clues.
I stopped at a home in a community yard sale in NOtVA one morning and a guy had about a half a case of 16ga shells out. I asked him where was the gun and he brought me out a nice field grade Sweet 16 Browning.....I bought it and the shells for $50.00.

But wait, there's more....About three years later he was having another yard sale and I stopped and he yelled "I hoped you would come by", went inside and brought me out a real nice IBM M1 Carbine and a very good P-17 Enfield....$50.00 each.

You just never know. ;)

I stopped at a home in a community yard sale in NOtVA one morning and a guy had about a half a case of 16ga shells out. I asked him where was the gun and he brought me out a nice field grade Sweet 16 Browning.....I bought it and the shells for $50.00.

But wait, there's more....About three years later he was having another yard sale and I stopped and he yelled "I hoped you would come by", went inside and brought me out a real nice IBM M1 Carbine and a very good P-17 Enfield....$50.00 each.

You just never know. ;)

You suck, man. How the hell do you sleep at nights?

:laughing0301:

More stuff I've found at garage sales by simply asking...

View attachment 805402
View attachment 805403
View attachment 805404
View attachment 805405
View attachment 805406
View attachment 805407
View attachment 805408
View attachment 805409
View attachment 805410
View attachment 805411
View attachment 805412

A Type 99 Arisaka with bayonet and capture papers. (The flag wasn't real)

View attachment 805413
View attachment 805414

A smoothbore Japanese Arisaka training rifle...

View attachment 805415

Another Japanese Arisaka. Quite a few of these came home with GIs during WW2...

View attachment 805416
Great stuff!!

Forum List

Back