Nazi Memorabilia

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I hit 2 gun shows over the weekend. The first one was a normal, run of the mill show. I picked up an Egyptian Hakim rifle (8mm Mauser) for 895. It is in good condition. I put 60 rounds through it Sunday with no issues. Its a cool rifle. You just got to watch your fingers!

Then I hit an antique and war gun show in the same town. I did not buy anything there, but I enjoyed looking around and talking to some folks. I could not help thinking that if the MSM did an expose' of this show then it would deem all gun enthusiasts as racist-white-supremacist-Nazi threats to democracy. LOL!! There were a few tables that had Nazi stuff (uniforms, officer hats, books, portraits of noted Nazi leaders and soldiers, etc...). Of course, it did not bother me, nor should it bother anybody. It is what it is. You cannot simply deny Nazi Germany out of existence. Moreover, they were no worse than any of the other mass murdering tyrants in history (Stalin, Mao, etc...).

I live in the deep, deep south. I am just curious. Do the others here who frequent gun shows see much Nazi stuff at shows around the country? I am not talking about fake Nazi daggers hidden in glass cases. I am talking full-on, Iron Eagle and Swastika on display type stuff? I finding it refreshing in a sense to see free speech being displayed like this. But if a leftist got loose in one of these things their head would have exploded. LOL!

The few I have been to have those but not a lot. Too bad folks can't do business without being afraid they might be victims of MSM-slanted reports.

I'm on the gulf coast near Pensacola and I probably go to 6 or 8 gun shows per year. I have rarely seen any Nazi memorabilia. LOTS of over-priced merchandise but next to no Nazi stuff :)

I hit 2 gun shows over the weekend. The first one was a normal, run of the mill show. I picked up an Egyptian Hakim rifle (8mm Mauser) for 895. It is in good condition. I put 60 rounds through it Sunday with no issues. Its a cool rifle. You just got to watch your fingers!

Then I hit an antique and war gun show in the same town. I did not buy anything there, but I enjoyed looking around and talking to some folks. I could not help thinking that if the MSM did an expose' of this show then it would deem all gun enthusiasts as racist-white-supremacist-Nazi threats to democracy. LOL!! There were a few tables that had Nazi stuff (uniforms, officer hats, books, portraits of noted Nazi leaders and soldiers, etc...). Of course, it did not bother me, nor should it bother anybody. It is what it is. You cannot simply deny Nazi Germany out of existence. Moreover, they were no worse than any of the other mass murdering tyrants in history (Stalin, Mao, etc...).

I live in the deep, deep south. I am just curious. Do the others here who frequent gun shows see much Nazi stuff at shows around the country? I am not talking about fake Nazi daggers hidden in glass cases. I am talking full-on, Iron Eagle and Swastika on display type stuff? I finding it refreshing in a sense to see free speech being displayed like this. But if a leftist got loose in one of these things their head would have exploded. LOL!
Just when I think I haven't seen the depths of the right's depravity, I see a post like this and all I can do is shake my head.

Nah..my head's not gonna explode. Why? Because I expect this kind of enabling attitude from the right. It's just a confirmation of what you've become. I'm not surprised you're not bothered.
But that doesn't change the fact the uniform and symbols displayed on that table were responsible for the fact that 6 million people were tattooed and herded into camps and put to death..just because they were different. Or a world war started that killed millions more.
Displaying this...crap out in the open is slap in the face to any WW2 veteran who went overseas, fought, and gave their lives to eradicate the filth that displayed these symbols.
No is asking to deny the Nazis out of existence. That's what we have historians and history books for. Along with people who survived the terror to remind us that we seem to be fast sinking toward that again.

The fact that some inbred is profiting off selling this crap is in and of itself...offensive.
Makes me wonder..are any of you actually human beings anymore.

I don't go to gun shows anymore so I can't say.....I know any weapon with Nazi waffenamts sell briskly.

K98 prices for good matching examples are way up. Same with PPK, PP, P.38, and Nazi era Luger pistols. They don't last no time either.

I see old guys bringing in Nazi regalia to sell to one shop I frequent on almost a weekly basis....The stuff moves but I don't know if he's selling it in his shop or at shows. I sold a bunch of stuff to him (mostly Nazi helmets/field gear) a year ago and it's long gone.

He bought a bunch of Nazi metals (I'm talking about over 150 of them) of different flavors and a baker's dozen daggers (SA, SS, Luftwaffe) about three weeks ago from one guy and they were all gone. Same with a big lot of Prussian helmets that he got in.

Just when I think I haven't seen the depths of the right's depravity, I see a post like this and all I can do is shake my head.

Nah..my head's not gonna explode. Why? Because I expect this kind of enabling attitude from the right. It's just a confirmation of what you've become. I'm not surprised you're not bothered.
But that doesn't change the fact the uniform and symbols displayed on that table were responsible for the fact that 6 million people were tattooed and herded into camps and put to death..just because they were different. Or a world war started that killed millions more.
Displaying this...crap out in the open is slap in the face to any WW2 veteran who went overseas, fought, and gave their lives to eradicate the filth that displayed these symbols.
No is asking to deny the Nazis out of existence. That's what we have historians and history books for. Along with people who survived the terror to remind us that we seem to be fast sinking toward that again.

The fact that some inbred is profiting off selling this crap is in and of itself...offensive.
LOL.....Do you have any idea how retarded you sound to those of us that have been around such stuff all our lives and thing nothing of it?

Hell, I had two 8mm Nazi K98 rifles that were sent to Israel around 1948 to help fight for their Independance. Later their markings over-stamped with the IDF crest and then rebarreled to 7.62 NATO. Two Jewish guys bought them. They were part of history.

The same reason a Confederate used P1858 Enfield musket will sell for 1K more than a Yankee used P1858 Enfield musket. Same import musket. History and rarity.

Before I even read the first line, I was gonna say "Watch your thumb." :laughing0301:

I remember that back in the 60's there was a whole hell of alot of Nazi artifacts to be found, and cheap too. I actually bough two very nice condition 98k Mausers with Nazi proofs for $15 bucks apiece mail order back in 1967. They charged something like $5 apiece to ship them USPS right to the door with no paperwork. I had a friend who bought a couple Lugers back then too, for something like $50, mail order.

I don't see alot of Nazi memorabilia at gun shows today. Most of the rare stuff has been bought up by collectors, and what you do see is pricey. Even WW2 USGI stuff is expensive there, which is funny. When I was a kid visiting relative in Arkansas, there were 5 old broken-down houses next to where my relatives lived. Every one of them was packed full of WW2 surplus. One of the houses had a bunch of tank periscopes scattered all over the front yard, so I grabbed one of them. They looked like these ones...

Vintage WWII US Army Sherman Tank Periscope M6 Prism Stock No.7578357 Military | eBay

LOL.....Do you have any idea how retarded you sound to those of us that have been around such stuff all our lives and thing nothing of it?

Hell, I had two 8mm Nazi K98 rifles that were sent to Israel around 1948 to help fight for their Independance. Later their markings over-stamped with the IDF crest and then rebarreled to 7.62 NATO. Two Jewish guys bought them. They were part of history.

The same reason a Confederate used P1858 Enfield musket will sell for 1K more than a Yankee used P1858 Enfield musket. Same import musket. History and rarity.

Retards are easily triggered by words like "gun show" and "Nazi." :laughing0301:

No it isn't you fucktard. The veterans BROUGHT those trophies home for a reason!

Again, doesn't surprise me this is your attitude.

As a WWII buff, if I saw any authentic "Nazi" memorabilia that was authentic I'd probably buy it, in fact, I would buy it, just like I do with U.S. stuff I have found over the years. As far as the "Nazi" memorabilia, many medals and such were issued to soldiers for feats of bravery, from the Iron Cross to the Tank Destruction Badge, to many other that had nothing at all to do with the Nazi Party. Of course, anything SS related is extremely collectible, as that is the stuff people want.

At this point in time, what you're seeing at these gun shows are either repops or well made fakes from E. Europe, where they seem to have perfected how to make their repops looked properly aged.

If it aint a vet bringback, I probably would not buy it.

I do like the Crusher caps.
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
One day in the army I got a new roommate. I was all alone in a two man room and loving it. He moved in while I was in the field. He had quite the collection of Nazi crap and decided to display it all over the room. I met him for the first time in the colonel's office being asked which one of you shitheads put this nazi crap on the walls of my barracks. It pissed off the colonel so bad even I got punished by being moved into a 6 man room. Never really figured that one out.

Man, you are a one dimensional fellow. You have no ability to analyze things on multiple levels. You are like an animal. LOL!!

As a WWII buff, if I saw any authentic "Nazi" memorabilia that was authentic I'd probably buy it, in fact, I would buy it, just like I do with U.S. stuff I have found over the years. As far as the "Nazi" memorabilia, many medals and such were issued to soldiers for feats of bravery, from the Iron Cross to the Tank Destruction Badge, to many other that had nothing at all to do with the Nazi Party. Of course, anything SS related is extremely collectible, as that is the stuff people want.

At this point in time, what you're seeing at these gun shows are either repops or well made fakes from E. Europe, where they seem to have perfected how to make their repops looked properly aged.

If it aint a vet bringback, I probably would not buy it.

I do like the Crusher caps.
View attachment 805369
Right. That is why I do not get into this because I don't know enough about it.

Right. That is why I do not get into this because I don't know enough about it.

The best way to find cool stuff is to ask about it at garages sale. You might have to to hit a hundred sales, but there is interesting stuff out there if you ask. These are some of the things I've found over the years..

jap1.jpg

jap2.jpg

82nd airborne helmet1.jpg

A War of 1812 sword...

1812 sword2.jpg

finn1.jpg

found1.jpg

gew88_1.jpg

german helmet.jpg

lepage1.jpg

m43 luftwaffe cap1.jpg

ml4.jpg

musket1.jpg

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

A WW1 British trench periscope...

periscope1.jpg

More pictures later.

Two rules to remember about buying German WWII memorabilia:

1) If it aint crazy expensive, it's probably not authentic
2) If it is crazy expensive, it's probably not authentic.
LOL....They were piecing together daggers from parts the day the ETO war ended to sell to occupation GIs.

Other stuff has been reproduced since the war ended......Much of it made on the same machinery till the stamping dies wore out. You better know what you are about when buying Nazi stuff these days.

Truth be told you really can't tell the difference between a Wound Badge or other stamped "tinney" pieces made in immediate post-war Germany from one made in 1945 as they were churned out by the thousands using the same dies/machinery/materials/inspection stamps.

It's pretty amazing how much even the refurbed Russian Capture stuff is going for now. $800.00 for a RC K98 I was buying for $129.00 or less not 20 years ago.....Then again refurbed 91/30s are selling for $400+ now.

I saw a Romanian capture dot 44 K98 with all the "birds" peened out but otherwise correct/matching sell for $900 last week.....It's younger folks that are doing the buying now.

More stuff I've found at garage sales by simply asking...

ww2 german 9mm4.jpg

ww2 gas mask1.jpg

vn hope3.jpg

valentine1.jpg

unknown helmet1.jpg

thompsons.jpg

rochester1.jpg

pistols.jpg

1found1.jpg

90mm1.jpg

121-1.jpg

A Type 99 Arisaka with bayonet and capture papers. (The flag wasn't real)

a1.jpg

american revolver path finder1.jpg

A smoothbore Japanese Arisaka training rifle...

arisaka trainer1.jpg

Another Japanese Arisaka. Quite a few of these came home with GIs during WW2...

arisaka1.jpg

Forum List

Back