Nazi Kids Kill Immigrant

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Orange_Juice, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Where do these kids get these hateful ideas? I feel bad for them actually. Lives wasted all around. I hope the courts send a strong message to other would be white supremicists that America will not stand for this. Off to jail with them!

Pa. teens ordered to trial in immigrant's death - Yahoo! News

POTTSVILLE, Pa. - Three teens were ordered Monday to stand trial in the beating death of an illegal immigrant from Mexico after a friend of the defendants testified that the victim was sucker-punched and kicked in the head during a late-night, epithet-filled melee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Luis Ramirez's death last month has increased racial tensions in the town of Shenandoah, about 80 miles northwest of Philadelphia, and yelling from protesters outside the courthouse forced a brief delay of Monday's preliminary hearing.

District Judge Anthony Kilker ruled that prosecutors had enough evidence to try Colin Walsh, 17, and Brandon Piekarsky, 16, on counts of third-degree murder and ethnic intimidation. He threw out first- and second-degree murder charges against the pair, which means they no longer face the possibility of life prison sentences if convicted.

A third defendant, Derrick Donchak, 18, was ordered to stand trial on aggravated assault, ethnic intimidation and other counts.

Ramirez, 25, was attacked July 12 when he crossed paths with a group of current and former high school football players. The suspects, all Shenandoah residents, played football at Shenandoah Valley High School. Donchak, now enrolled at Bloomsburg University, was the quarterback last season.

Ben Lawson, a 17-year-old friend of the defendants, testified Monday that Walsh sucker-punched Ramirez and Piekarsky, then kicked the victim in the head while he lay motionless in the street. Defense attorneys characterized the attack as a street fight in which both sides were throwing punches.

2. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Clearly they should be tried for the murder. I'm not in favor of enhancing charges by using "hate" crime statutes. I think it tends to exacerbate the issue rather than make it better. If your murder statutes aren't strong enough for you, then get a stronger murder statute. I'm assuming in PA 3rd degree murder is the same as manslaughter in other places. I don't think they intended to kill the guy, I think they intended to give him a beat down. They now have to live the consequences of him having died because of it.

3. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    i live about 50 miles from shenandoah, and i remember hearing about this. during the primary's there were also reports in several northeastern PA towns of obama supporters having racially derogatory things shouted at them by passing motorists. i truly dont understand how people can get stuck on something as stupid as race. these idiot kids deserve to go to jail for a very long time.

i guess they only watched the first third of American History X.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. Orange_Juice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It's funny--sad--how easily it is to divide people, color of skin, clothes they wear, uniform, whatever. Us and them

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's called observation. If we are all the same then what's this big push for multi-culturalism ? There will ALWAYS be degrees of "us and them". How we deal with it is what makes the difference.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    And why are they Nazis? Stupid. Evil maybe. but Nazis?

7. Orange_Juice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I'll appologize to them right away. How dare I call some murdering punks nazis. Shameful of me! :cuckoo:

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    no--just ignorant

9. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Actually the point is well taken. There are active groups in the US and elsewhere that are self described Nazis. If these were not part of one of those groups then attributing the affiliation only confuses the issue.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    Yes perhaps you should consider that before you try to elect a man that for 20 YEARS attended a Church that preached racial hatred. Who considered as an Uncle and close family friend a preacher that preached hatred and bigotry and actually wants God to KILL white people.