Navy's Newest Ship To Be Named The USS Cesar Chavez?

:lol:

So did Al Gore.

And Gore was actually in more danger..but you guys always make fun of that.

Reagan was part of the Entertainment. Nothing more.

Ya god knows those type writers are true Death dealers!

hey, you're the one talking up reagan's when he was only an entertainer.

and you might ask bob woodruff how safe it is being a journo during war time.
I'm not sure that is true. I understand he made some very compelling anti-VD infomercials.

I'm sorry you got confused in the process. I will be more clear next time. Its obvious that liberals know little to nothing about military anything. List of U.S. military vessels named after Presidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it Sparky?

I am not responsible for your ignorance. Dont assign guilt where there is none.

What part of the OP's quoted article do you NOT understand?

I have a hankering to try to find Eloise. Anyone have a FB account to see if her daddy has one in his honor, managed by the family? Sylvia and Eloise both were in school with me. Sylvia being the eldest. I'd love to get back in touch and congratulate them on that memorable walk turning in to a big honkin' ship with his name on it. I bet they are thrilled.

I see it more as a recognition to the increasing number of Hispanics that are willing to serve in our military.

Other than that, who gives a fuck?

No shit. We have like a thousand naval ships and only so many states, Presidents, and military hero's names.

Wrong. We've also had vessels named after planets. USS SATURN and USS MARS, which have since had their designation changed from USS to USNS.

Both ships were on the Navy's fleet roster back in '83.

Additionally, my first ship was called the USS CONCORD, it was named for a battle.

Why are so saying I am wrong when I was making your very point dude. Of course we have had to name ships for things besides Presidents, states, heroes and that sort of thing. My EXACT fucking point and you agree but tell me I'm wrong?

So why exactly are you upset? Is it the latino name?

Typical liberal. Lets not hesitate to inject race in to the debate now shall we? When things go south just play the race card. thatle shut em up huh?
You didn't answer the question.

The objection is listen in the op for those of us who can read. Or perhaps those of us who are willing to take the time to read.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Post #10.

You are the one talking about restrictions to the naming convention.

And none exist.

Marine.

And how does this apply to the op? Or have you just gone so far off the beaten path that your just rambleing. The op involves the naming of a ship after an individual. Thats a place of honor. The question is this a politisization of ship nameing to honor leftist heros. No PERCEIVED moral equivilancy of complaining about presidentes, planets, states, ports, animals, etc will change the question. And ofcourse, the answer is that Cesar Chavez should be by far the last choice that sould be considered when nameing a ship. Its a political name for a ship and nothing more. Thats what this thread is about. Welcome back to earth.

Like Ronald Reagan?

:lol:

Certain Naval Vessels are named after Presidents, as you full well know. So epic failure.
Another idiot that can't follow a thread.

Funny you should call a retired Gunnery Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps who has spent all of his life around ships an idiot in this of all threads. Is there ever a time when you dont put your foot in your mouth on stuff you dont know?

Hey, garbage scows need names too!

Maybe it will be like the "John Murtha?"

Garbage_Scow_on_the_Hudson_River.jpg

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Post #10.

You are the one talking about restrictions to the naming convention.

And none exist.

Marine.

And how does this apply to the op? Or have you just gone so far off the beaten path that your just rambleing. The op involves the naming of a ship after an individual. Thats a place of honor. The question is this a politisization of ship nameing to honor leftist heros. No PERCEIVED moral equivilancy of complaining about presidentes, planets, states, ports, animals, etc will change the question. And ofcourse, the answer is that Cesar Chavez should be by far the last choice that sould be considered when nameing a ship. Its a political name for a ship and nothing more. Thats what this thread is about. Welcome back to earth.
What a retard you are. Leftists are Americans, too. Just because you don't find what he did noteworthy he actually did do something noteworthy.

You, on the other hand, will always be a piece of shit.

Ya god knows those type writers are true Death dealers!

What did you do in the 'Nam?

The Short-Timers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was unaware this thread was about me......oh I see you're trying to deflect gotcha.....

If you are going to question another man's combat service, I would hope that you would have the stones to have done something sufficiently bad ass.

Otherwise, you just look like a douche.

Forum List

Back