Navy to Cut Jobs

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Amid Recession-Driven Sailor Surplus

With more sailors staying in the military amid a slumping economic recovery, the U.S. Navy is taking the unprecedented step of firing low-ranking petty officers to help rein in spending.

The Navy plans to let go of 3,000 young sailors after economic uncertainty put the service in the unusual position of having a manpower surplus.

Navy to Cut Jobs Amid Recession-Driven Sailor Surplus - FoxNews.com

Thus solving one problem (spending) while adding to another (unemployment)

We got oursevles in quite a fix, here, folks.

Which of course makes you wonder about conservatives yammering about tax cuts killing recoveries and insisting we need spending cuts really know what they are talking about.

Bachmann, herself, who thanked the adminstration for government "pork", is one of those people leading the charge.

Which of course makes you wonder about conservatives yammering about tax cuts killing recoveries and insisting we need spending cuts really know what they are talking about.

Bachmann, herself, who thanked the adminstration for government "pork", is one of those people leading the charge.

Ummmm, tell me again which side has been clambering to pull out troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq since we entered those conflicts? In this instance it's the draw down that's ultimately responsible and it'll only get worse as more troops come home and leave the service.
Hell, I was ultimately a casualty of the draw down after the Vietnam War, thankfully the economy at the time wasn't in as bad a shape.

Ummmm, tell me again which side has been clambering to pull out troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq since we entered those conflicts? In this instance it's the draw down that's ultimately responsible and it'll only get worse as more troops come home and leave the service.
Hell, I was ultimately a casualty of the draw down after the Vietnam War, thankfully the economy at the time wasn't in as bad a shape.

Apparently you are under the mistaken notion that I give a shit what partisans on the right or left want or don't want.

I am not an apologist for what other people think want or say.

If you want to wrestle strawmen, I'm not the guy you want to post to.

Apparently you are under the mistaken notion that I give a shit what partisans on the right or left want or don't want.

I am not an apologist for what other people think want or say.

If you want to wrestle strawmen, I'm not the guy you want to post to.

Was that address to me?? :eusa_eh: Just wondering since mine wasn't addressed to you yet your response was to my post.

Forum List

Back