• Wildfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
they can all be bad depending on the degree of severity, but, in your mind, which are the worst/most devastating in general?

Have you ever been part of a crippling natural disaster?
Several? What kind?

I have never, nor will I ever, live anywhere near Tornado Alley. Most of the other disasters you've listed can be warned about/prepared for. Saying "there's a tornado watch this afternoon...and tonight...and for as long as you live here" is not helpful.

I think which ever seems to cause the most fatalities.
It SEEMS that snow/ice/severe cold/winter weather causes the most unless it's an EPIC natural disaster.

I agree about the tornados. Very erratic, never know when/where they will touch down/hit.

We have great drainage here, so floods are not really an issue. Ice storms resulting in power outages for days in freezing weather is pretty bad. Not a big killer though. Tornadoes would be the only other major threat here. They are intense, but highly localized. In 1965 they killed a large number of people in this area.

we've had 8 deaths in the area so far from this storm.
it's crippling otherwise, but, normally short lived (only a few days)
but it can take weeks for people to get power back (esp. in rural areas)

Worst kind of natural disaster I ever had was a bad case of diarrhea. No amount of will power or shaking and dancing could stop the force of that messy mama.

Worst kind of natural disaster I ever had was a bad case of diarrhea. No amount of will power or shaking and dancing could stop the force of that messy mama.

Just don't hold it too long.... the blast may knock you off the toilet...then you have to take a bath or shower....

Oh boy, I remember changing a few diapers like that. You end up just giving the kid a bath.

Poisoning a hundred thousand people including thousands of children.

Oh,

wait,

The wasn't "natural". Sorry.

It's certainly a disaster tho, and a tragedy.
As are bombings :(

Many of the deaths in heavy snow are either elderly people freezing because their power went out, or couch potatoes who suddenly decided to go out and shovel two feet of snow and end up with a heart attack.

All of the above are disastrous & claim lives. Since living in earthquake & volcano territory, unfortunately there is really no warning other than educated guesses by scientists and even that isn't written in stone.

Thankfully I have never experienced any of these things. Well the deepest snow that I have ever experienced was up to my thighs, but it never did any damage where I was concerned.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back