Nation's largest health insurer about to exit obamacare???!!!

Do you seriously not understand how a mandate amounts to a bailout?

Oh, now you're saying it "amounts to."

Tell you what: Decide what it is you want to say and stick to it. Then be prepared to defend it. Redefining it isn't helping your cause.

Do you seriously not understand how a mandate amounts to a bailout?

Oh, now you're saying it "amounts to."

Tell you what: Decide what it is you want to say and stick to it. Then be prepared to defend it. Redefining it isn't helping your cause.

Ok. I'll say this: If you don't see how ACA is boon to the insurance industry, then you are a fool. Or a shill for their lobbyists. What's your story?

Ok. I'll say this: If you don't see how ACA is boon to the insurance industry...

Never said it wasn't. That was part of Congress's fiddling with the original bill.

But in spite of the fiddling, it's a boon to the millions of people who now have access to affordable insurance and, through it, to health care.

Ok. I'll say this: If you don't see how ACA is boon to the insurance industry...

Never said it wasn't. That was part of Congress's fiddling with the original bill.

But in spite of the fiddling, it's a boon to the millions of people who now have access to affordable insurance and, through it, to health care.

High deductibles is not health care and if you bothers to read your link in the other thread you posted, the young and healthy are dropping obama care like everyone with a brain said they would.

Default to troll.

Well, if that's your choice...

Too bad, really. I was hoping we could start with the original bill and have a good scrum over who changed what until the final legislation.

But I will remember your default position going forward.

High deductibles is not health care and if you bothers to read your link in the other thread you posted, the young and healthy are dropping obama care like everyone with a brain said they would.

High deductibles are the result of patient choice. Choose a bronze plan and you get low premiums and high deductibles. If you're healthy, that's a roll of the dice you make by your own choice. If you want a lower deductible, the trade-off is a higher premium.

The drop-off in new enrollments is in part due to those who were allowed to sign up after the deadline last year. The rest are due to people who think they're getting away with something by paying the penalty and not having insurance. For most of them, that may be true. But they're all just one bad accident or undiagnosed medical condition from disaster. Their choice.

My issue is with the smartasses who have families and opt out because they think they're "showing Obama."

Too bad, really. I was hoping we could start with the original bill and have a good scrum over who changed what until the final legislation.

I don't give rat's ass "who changed what". The final legislation was shit, regardless of how it got that way. It should have never been voted into law. It's a sellout to the insurance industry, granting them permanent residency on the government gravy train. And I have no patience for shills selling it as something different.

I don't give rat's ass "who changed what". The final legislation was shit, regardless of how it got that way. It should have never been voted into law. It's a sellout to the insurance industry, granting them permanent residency on the government gravy train. And I have no patience for shills selling it as something different.

The solution to your lack of patience is a single payer Medicare for all system. But with any such change come consequences, something most ideologues never seem to understand.

For example, the insurance industry employs a lot of people, buys lots of TV, radio and print ads and has issued stock.

HAHAHA. Well sure when you take money from peter and give it to paul, that's a boon to paul. THINK

The drop-off in new enrollments is in part due to those who were allowed to sign up after the deadline last year. The rest are due to people who think they're getting away with something by paying the penalty and not having insurance. For most of them, that may be true. But they're all just one bad accident or undiagnosed medical condition from disaster. Their choice.

Wrong. The EMTALA act passed 30 years ago says everyone who shows up at a hospital ER must be treated. People without insurance have gotten free health care for 30 years. Obozo is so dumb he didn't know that. These was never any need to insure the poor.

Your solution to everything is more govt even though govt has never done anything right.

Never? Never ever? Never ever ever ever? Are you old enough to drive? Ever driven on an interstate? /post

Wrong. The EMTALA act passed 30 years ago says everyone who shows up at a hospital ER must be treated. People without insurance have gotten free health care for 30 years.

Okay, let's see how smart you are (obviously not smart enough to notice that this has been explained numerous times, but anyway):

Can you figure out what used to happen when someone was treated at the ER and didn't pay?

That's right - the hospital had to cover those costs. They might spend a small fortune on attorneys trying to get the moocher to pay up, but generally they ate the costs.

Can you guess what happened when too many people walked off without paying?

That's right. Hospital costs went up. And guess who paid for that? Insurance companies or the patients themselves.

Can you guess what happened when insurers got hit with higher costs?

That's right. They raised their rates on their customers.

Oh, and sometimes hospitals just went broke and shut down.

To you, this "system" makes sense.

The solution to your lack of patience is a single payer Medicare for all system. .

Your solution to everything is more govt even though govt has never done anything right.

Repeating the RW meme Gov't has never done anything right is on its face foolish and ridiculous. That you parrot others thoughtlessly is a given, that you think you think is also ridiculous.

So now that Aetna has bought UHC, I'd recommend a course in Investment 101 for those who expected a different outcome.

Forum List

Back