National Geographic Woman Raised By Monkeys

BS (as these stories always turn out to be to one extent or another).

Well, this gal knew more about those monkeys behavior before scientists knew. She also went thru tests which showed in her bones she was malnutrishened at age 5..which is when she was kidnapped and left for dead in the jungle. She knew the monkeys ways in what to eat, when, how the monkeys knew if the fruit was ripe, the tools they used. She also met a woman that remembered the woman that bought her when she was found in the jungle and sold as a slave, the womans name, the town where she was held until she escaped at age 12. At 63 years old, this woman raised by monkeys still shimmies up trees.

In short..I believe her.

The show right now I am watching is about Oksana..the Ukraine Dog Girl.

Remember..this is not some cheap tabloid. It was National Geographic.

I saw JoJo the dog-faced boy atta state fair once...

... he walks an' he talks...

... an' he crawls on his belly like a reptile.
:eek:

I am now watching Uganda Boy that was raised by monkeys.
Kinda hard to dismiss the research in to these stories. Some are hogwash, which is discovered quickly. But some are just too close for comfort in the truth department.

Well, this gal knew more about those monkeys behavior before scientists knew. She also went thru tests which showed in her bones she was malnutrishened at age 5..which is when she was kidnapped and left for dead in the jungle. She knew the monkeys ways in what to eat, when, how the monkeys knew if the fruit was ripe, the tools they used. She also met a woman that remembered the woman that bought her when she was found in the jungle and sold as a slave, the womans name, the town where she was held until she escaped at age 12. At 63 years old, this woman raised by monkeys still shimmies up trees.

it's BS. Young children can be come malnurished in a short time, and malnurishment is not proof of being raised by monkeys (of course). Neither is a 63 year old climbing a tree (of course). One big red flag that comes up in these 'stories' is the reference to "learning the language of" this or that animal. Animals don't use language. They communicate, but only humans use actual languages.

It's sensationalist nonsense. Exaggeration at most.

Last edited:
I can tell how happy my fish are when I feed them in the morning...it's eerie like I'm the Fish Whisperer

Forum List

Back