national cat shit day....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
kitten litter trays are the bane of all cat owners...cleaning them filling them...simply having them....

well i got the omega paw roll away kitty litter tray...i looked at it on youtube...ext...i did my homework....so yesterday i walk out of petsmart with a 107 bones bill....fuck me...da man is not gonna be happy...but hey i do the kitty litter....so far it has..spilled a mal load of kitty litter in my floor....i get a mal load of kitty litter in the tray....i have the receipt and have cleaned it...its going back....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am still looking at the litter robot....totally automaticed but pricey...very very pricey...

so any suggestions?

Bonez....

I use a custom-made sieve system. It's merely a piece of expanded metal that is custom-fit that goes inside the litterbox first, then the litter on top. Come cleaning time, I merely grab the handles of the sieve and lift and shake it a little. All the little deposits stay in the sieve, the litter falls back into the box. The deposits go outside in the compost heap.

I then get a clean box, put the sieve in it, and dump the litter from the previous box into this box. Done.

It cost $10 bucks to make this. Makes cat box cleaning a breeze.

i think i have figured out what i am doing wrong....you have to have it put together perfectly....(i am shamed..by boss..who goes..is it the roll one...i say yes...he says..the kids do ours....small kids....so i looked at it and saw what i was doing wrong....

$107 to clean cat poop? Bones, Bones, Bones . . . .

I use a litter scoop. $4.99 at the grocery store. I use store brand litter and scoop every other day. Literally takes about a minute and a half. Easiest thing in the world.

2977d58cb1b95e35b3db32fc0d4ddd84.jpg

Of course, I have five cats living in the house and four large litterboxes for them, with the sieve system I clean every other day, takes seconds to take care of all four boxes.

When I had only one or two cats, I used the scoop. Came up with the sieve system when I got the third cat and added a second box.

i got 3 boxes...i just dont know the scoop sucks but so far this one sucks too....i just dont know....you are suppose to have one box for each cat plus one...i only have 3....

nooooooooo 35 bones, i got cat food, roland another collar and greenies.. the litter robot is around 300 lol

:lol: I thought you spent $107 on a self cleaning litter box. Honestly a plastic sieve scoop and a minute or two every other day . . . easy. Maybe every day for more than one cat. Every two weeks or so I'll change the entire bag/box/litter out for fresh. I'm the only one who cleans the cat box too and even I don't mind doing this. I make the kids poopy scoop the yard from the dog's business. :D

Are you using the self-clumping litter? I used to use Tidy Cat regular litter and changed the whole thing every 5 days or so and the cat finally decided that he'd had enough. I was wary of the clumping litter till I tried it and . . . . the cat and I are both pleased with it. I use the store brand too.

i got 3 boxes...i just dont know the scoop sucks but so far this one sucks too....i just dont know....you are suppose to have one box for each cat plus one...i only have 3....
I just added boxes to make sure all the cats have a sense of "property" about them. I don't know if there's a formula for the number of boxes vs. number of cats you have. But my boxes are BIG, not the little 2 foot by 3 foot ones you buy that are 8 inches deep. Mine are more like 3 by 4, 12 inches deep and each holds an entire 40lb bag of litter nicely.

Each box has its own sieve, and I have a spare empty box for the changeouts.

The four boxes reside in a larger container I built which has a open front and a hinged lid that has a activated charcoal filter, which nicely absorbs all odors immediately. This container is 6 feet by 8 feet, and is in the laundry room tucked away in a corner. They love the privacy. And I like never having any cat box odors.

Are you using the self-clumping litter? I used to use Tidy Cat regular litter and changed the whole thing every 5 days or so and the cat finally decided that he'd had enough. I was wary of the clumping litter till I tried it and . . . . the cat and I are both pleased with it. I use the store brand too.
LOL! You're going to think I am nutso, but I actually reprocess the cat litter!

The "spent" litter goes into a tub which gets hot water and a mild detergent. It gets tumbled in this for about 5 minutes, then gets another bath with a enzyme added which destroys all urine. It then gets a rinse cycle. (I built this out of a discarded washing machine) Then it gets a finish bath, where another enzyme is added for destroying urine and fecal material and adds the "perfume" scent you smell from storebought litter.

This then gets dumped out on a conveyor which takes it to the dryer. It's just a old pizza oven that has its own conveyor in it. The litter gets 400 degree heat for five minutes.

Then it's dumped into a 30 gallon trash can, ready for use! I do this once a month. I never buy any cat litter.

Cost savings is huge when you start adding up the cost of cat litter every time you buy it. I'm a cheap bastard.

omg da man would do ***t....he is so cheap....i use fresh paws clumping...okay i think i have decided..return the fancy litter pan...just scoop....the *** out..and be done with it

my cat is too good for the litter box, she only likes to crap on grass or carpet.

Forum List

Back