Nate Silver, the hack

OK. So he was wrong on a game. But on something of real importance, he has a damned good track record. Just because he correctily predicted the margin of our President's victory in 2012 when you silly asses were already doing a victory dance, he has earned your enmity.

OK. So he was wrong on a game. But on something of real importance, he has a damned good track record. Just because he correctily predicted the margin of our President's victory in 2012 when you silly asses were already doing a victory dance, he has earned your enmity.

Oh, that's why. This is just an awkward attempt to discredit Silver.....because he didn't predict a republican victory in 2012.

So, sour grapes.

Yes, Nate made fools of the Right in 2012. They're still holding a grudge.

I honestly am not overly familiar with whatever happened in 2012. I don't get too much into the 'right vs. left' crap. I'm an independent thinker.

Then why would you give a fiddler's fyck what Nate Silver thought about anything? And then post it on a politics board?

If I'd seen this on a sports board, maybe.

Then why would you give a fiddler's fyck what Nate Silver thought about anything? And then post it on a politics board?

If I'd seen this on a sports board, maybe.

He makes political predictions too. And you think cos I'm not on your team or the other that I can't give an f? That's sad that you incorporate such tribalism into your agenda. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Dude, someone without a political axe to grind wouldn't care what Silver had to say about the World Cup. As its utterly unrelated to his political predictions. It doesn't even involve relevant processes.

And they certainly wouldn't title their thread 'Nate Silver the Hack'. You're definitely not coming into this thread agenda free.

Dude, someone without a political axe to grind wouldn't care what Silver had to say about the World Cup. As its utterly unrelated to his political predictions. It doesn't even involve relevant processes.

And they certainly wouldn't title their thread 'Nate Silver the Hack'. You're definitely not coming into this thread agenda free.

So, someone has to have a political axe to grind as an antecedent to an outlook? That's dumbed down because you're an us vs. them guy. You'll never find the truth that way; if you even care about it.

So, someone has to have a political axe to grind as an antecedent to an outlook?

If you were taking shots at Nate on a sports board over a bad sports prediction, it wouldn't' denote any particular political agenda. But dude, this ain't a sport's board. You've clearly got a political axe to grind. As 'Nate Silver the Hack' elegantly demonstrates.

If you've got an argument to make, make it. But nobody's buying this 'I'm an impartial guy having an impartial day' schtick. No matter how much you try and 'dumb it down'.

I honestly am not overly familiar with whatever happened in 2012. I don't get too much into the 'right vs. left' crap. I'm an independent thinker.

Yes, I can imagine you being very ignorant about pretty much any and all facts.

Silver predicted an Obama win in the +3 range nationally. Obama won with +3.86%.

Silver predicted an Obama electoral map win of 332 EV. Obama won with 332 EV.

Triumph of the Nerds: Nate Silver Wins in 50 States

How Accurate Were Nate Silver's Predictions For The 2012 Presidential Election? - Forbes

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...olitics&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body

More than likely, Germany cheated. I am sure the scandal will be exposed before the finals. My guess, they paid off the entire Brazilian team and those who wouldn't take the payoff...were injured by other players in the tournament they paid off. There is no way Germany could have beat Brazil 7-1.

Did you watch the game...it looked like Brazil purposely bent over.

Those who know soccer know that Brazil's two leading stars were both out of the game due to injuries. That was surely a factor in all of this.

And this was published in the media all over the place BEFORE The game.

The German 11 are also playing the best team ball I have seen them play in 16 years. They have really, really developed as a true team. And it's hard to beat a monster goal-scorer like Miroslav Klose, which is why teams all over the world have been trying to recruit him away from the German 11.

Those who know soccer know that Brazil's two leading stars were both out of the game due to injuries. That was surely a factor in all of this.

The German 11 are also playing the best team ball I have seen them play in 16 years. They have really, really developed as a true team. And it's hard to beat a monster goal-scorer like Miroslav Klose, which is why teams all over the world have been trying to recruit him away from the German 11.

When Germany loses to (whomever they are playing) it will be evident they are cheating. If they blow them out as well, it will be evident they are cheaters. Watch the game closely...I am certain the World Cup is not on the up and up, considering the rich history of scandals.

Yes, I can imagine you being very ignorant about pretty much any and all facts.

Silver predicted an Obama win in the +3 range nationally. Obama won with +3.86%.

Silver predicted an Obama electoral map win of 332 EV. Obama won with 332 EV.

Triumph of the Nerds: Nate Silver Wins in 50 States

How Accurate Were Nate Silver's Predictions For The 2012 Presidential Election? - Forbes

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...olitics&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body

All's that proves is that Silver was able to connect the dots on all of the cheating. There were people who used more sound mathematical models.

Um, what cheating?

And I don't know what you use to judge 'sound'. Silver was about as accurate as you can be on an election without a Delorian or a blue police box. He got every state *and* the margin of victor within a fraction of 1%.

Sounds 'sound' to me.

When Germany loses to (whomever they are playing) it will be evident they are cheating. If they blow them out as well, it will be evident they are cheaters. Watch the game closely...I am certain the World Cup is not on the up and up, considering the rich history of scandals.

You may be underestimating the power of the Rolling Stones:

Soccer jinx Mick Jagger blamed for Brazil's World Cup loss

....Anyway, a bitter Brazil, looking for anyone and everyone to blame for Tuesday’s World Cup massacre, is taking it out on Mick Jagger, a reputed curse who has the reverse Midas touch on all soccer teams with which he comes in contact. The 70-year-old Rolling Stones frontman was in attendance at Belo Horizonte on Tuesday, a fact which immediately worried fans of the Seleção.

Soccer jinx Mick Jagger blamed for Brazil?s World Cup loss | For The Win

Sounds legit!

Um, what cheating?

And I don't know what you use to judge 'sound'. Silver was about as accurate as you can be on an election without a Delorian or a blue police box. He got every state *and* the margin of victor within a fraction of 1%.

Sounds 'sound' to me.

What cheating.... :badgrin:

Forum List

Back