Napoleon Takes A Trip

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The indoctrination that takes the place of actual education in our colleges and universities doesn't simply ignore the sorts of facts that might make students question what is taking place around them....

...it actually lies about what has taken place.

Case in point....lots of grads actually believe that the American Revolution and the French Revolution were similar in direction and in outcome.

Pshaw!

The former gave us democracy, freedom and liberty.....

....the latter, slaughter and oppression.

1. "If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century.

In fact, Rousseau has been called the precursor of the modern pseudo-democrats such as Stalin and Hitler and the "people's democracies." His call for the "sovereign" to force men to be free if necessary in the interests of the "General Will" harks back to the Lycurgus of Sparta instead of to the pluralism of Athens; the legacy of Rousseau is Robespierre and the radical Jacobins of the Terror who followed and worshipped him passionately. In the 20th century, his influence is further felt by tyrants who would arouse the egalitarian passions of the masses not so much in the interests of social justice as social control. "
French Revolution - Robespierre and the Legacy of the Reign of Terror

2. In the course of France's short revolution, 600,000 French citizens were killed, and another 145,000 fled the country.
Schom, "Napoleon Bonaparte," p. 253.

3. "That's in a country with between 24 and 26 million people, about the current population of Texas. In terms of population loss, that would be the equivalent of the United States having a 9/11 attack every day for seven years."
Coulter, "Demonic," p. 266.

The saying is that the French can't win a battle unless led by either a woman or a non-Frenchman.

And that brings us to the dictator, Napoleon...and his anniversary....

Today....April 11, 1814......Napoleon abdicated and was sent on a trip to Elba....

...giving birth to the most famous of palindromes:

ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

You need to add the casualties from the Civil War, and all of the Indian wars, and the Mexican war, to get to the real cost in human life from the American revolution.

You need to add the casualties from the Civil War, and all of the Indian wars, and the Mexican war, to get to the real cost in human life from the American revolution.

Of course I don't.

But there are those who never miss an opportunity to smear America and it's history.

Raise your paw.

True. Ill raise mine.

America was built on the backs of slaves. That is reprehensible.

True. Ill raise mine.

Don't let the door hit ya' on the way out.....
Oh so criticizing America means leave?

Well.....alright. ill be right behind the dummy who says we are a communist nation.

Lemme know. Ill pack soon after youre gone fruity lips.

True. Ill raise mine.

Don't let the door hit ya' on the way out.....
Oh so criticizing America means leave?

Well.....alright. ill be right behind the dummy who says we are a communist nation.

Lemme know. Ill pack soon after youre gone fruity lips.

1. Do forgive me....I was trying to hide my anguish over how difficult it would be to replace one of your caliber.

2. Actually,I was amused when dolts latch on to supposed malevolence in American history and ignore the overwhelming benefits this great nation has provided the world.

3. Here's an idea of how difficult it would be to replace you:
The influx of African immigrants to the United States in the last two decades has been phenomenal. According to figures from the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS), the number of African immigrants to the United States more than quadrupled in the last two decades; from 109,733 between 1961 and 1980 to 531,832 between 1981 and 2000.
These new immigrants can be found in major metropolitan areas in states like New York, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland and California, to small towns in Idaho, Iowa and Maine. Even states like North and South Dakota that were only distant memories in the minds of many African immigrants to the United States in the 1960s and 70s have become homes to many Africans. For instance, South Dakota experienced an increase in the number of African immigrants from 210 in the 1990s to 1,560 in 2000.

[1] Similarly, Tacoma, Washington saw an increase of more than 800 percent in the number immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa- from 202 in the 1990s to 1,802 in 2002 [2]. Unlike their counterparts in the 1960s and 70s whose aspirations was to return to their respective countries with an American education and the skills necessary for the task of nation-building, many of the immigrants in the last two decades are more interested in settling in United States and building a comfortable life for themselves and their families. This essay examines why an increasing number of African immigrants decide to become permanent residents or citizens of the United States instead of returning to their home countries. It also considers the various measures that these immigrants have taken to become integrated into their new environment.
Contemporary African Immigrants to The United States

Now...what do these Africans know about America that you obviously don't?

I am still here, so they know about the same using your logic.

Cuz i havent left.

And neither have you.

Are you tacitly supporting communism for you and your family?

You have said we are a communist nation.

There are ones that arent.

Are you packed yet?

So, stoppit. And i do appreciate the compliments though. I love you too. Or its like, a high level like maybe. Like if you left me id prolly eat icecream and gloat but i wouldnt write a poem or cry i dont think.

Cuz i havent left.

And neither have you.

Are you packed yet?

So, stoppit. And i do appreciate the compliments though. I love you too. Or its like, a high level like maybe. Like if you left me id prolly eat icecream and gloat but i wouldnt write a poem or cry i dont think.

1. Let's give all the address of yesterday's excursion into education....a brand new journey for you:
Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

2. As you seem vehemently opposed to the thesis...perhaps you could explain why you, nor any of the other ignoramuses, could find any errors in my posts....the ones leading to the conclusion that this is no longer the America of the Founders....i.e., one based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

Shall I wait for an intelligent response from you, or shall I attempt to grow the Welwitschia mirabilis. the 'thousand year plant'?

Cuz i havent left.

And neither have you.

Are you packed yet?

1. Let's give all the address of yesterday's excursion into education....a brand new journey for you:

2. As you seem vehemently opposed to the thesis...perhaps you could explain why you, nor any of the other ignoramuses, could find any errors in my posts....the ones leading to the conclusion that this is no longer the America of the Founders....i.e., one based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

Shall I wait for an intelligent response from you, or shall I attempt to grow the Welwitschia mirabilis. the 'thousand year plant'?
I dont WANT the America of the Founders.

And they knew it.

Which is why the Constitution is Amendable.

I complimented you and all you gave me back was smug.

Cmon son. Give a bruvva a break for one day gawwlllll dang

The framers of the Constitution created a government with tremendous powers as compared to the government they were replacing. Markets were not free and most were under state supervision, but the framers made sure the new national government had the power to control markets.

Cuz i havent left.

And neither have you.

Are you packed yet?

And they knew it.

Just remember....you always hurt the ones you love...

Now...let's get you on record...you oppose an America based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

You're all in on totalitarianism.

And that was my point.

Cuz i havent left.

And neither have you.

Are you packed yet?

And they knew it.

Just remember....you always hurt the ones you love...

Now...let's get you on record...you oppose an America based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

You're all in on totalitarianism.

And that was my point.

No, you dont get to tell me what im for or against, i do dattt, kay?

The founders couldnt believe in individualism and slavery at the same time. Thats quite the political spin they had going on there.

I dont believe in slavery.

I dont believe in Communism.

I dont believe we ARE living within a communistic govt.

You did this:

*Quoted a criticism of the country and asked why dont i leave, because obv. I criticized it.

*you have said in another OP we are a Communist Country, currently.

*if you dont believe in communism, you also criticized the country.

Thus the same question applies to you, but youre ducking it. "When are you leaving?"

Do me a favor, ridicule instead of refute. You suck at both, but one at least is more honest than the other of your character.

Here's a coincidence!

The OP points out that Napoleon's first exile took place on this day.

Well, another great military man was also 'exiled' on this date...but in 1951.

President Truman relieved General Douglas MacArthur of his post on this date when the general disagreed about a widening of the Korean War, to include fighting in China.

It is interesting for several reasons, one being that it was Truman who lost China to the communist Mao by relying on Soviet spies for his decisions vis-a-vis Mao vs. Chiang Kai-shek

The following from a newspaper report at the time:

"Mr. Truman said that the nationalists should have surrendered because they didn't have a chance to win..
...the opinion of American ambassador Leighton Stuart was that the failure of American aid to come at the opportune moment was the real cause of the weakness of nationalists and the disintegration of their armies....many military commanders went over to the enemy because they saw the United States withdrawing moral support from Chiang Kai-shek.

Mr. Truman boldly defends what Treasury did. He doesn't mention Harry Dexter White, mentioned in congressional hearings as a communist spy, sat at Treasury with full power to say when the money promised Chiang Kai-shek would be forwarded or withheld."
Toledo Blade,Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search

Another example of communist agents controlling US policy.

Forum List

Back