Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

How much money a person makes does not determine their political affiliation.

Ah..so..what does?

Their beliefs and ideaologies...

You're even failing on the basic shit...

<facepalm>

Ah so..the fact he ran as a Republican.
The fact he pays himself more then 200 million Americans.
The fact he hates regulation.
The fact he supports big business.

Those things don't make him conservative.

But your decision..on who is conservative and who isn't..

THAT's what makes a conservative.

Didn't know your ideas held so much sway.

My bad.

:lol:

I agree that the size of soft drinks is out of control, that is why I order small sizes, and that is IF I order the soft drink, usually I like water.
Funny how I, without the help of government, control what I eat and drink.

Yeah, but you can't be trusted. We need Big Brother to police our every impulse. It's for our own good! :lol:

This shit is outrageous.

Bloomberg is mainly concerned about the Obese poor using up precious dollars in the emergency room. Unlike Jan Brewer..who lets poor people die..Bloomberg can't do that.

So he's doing the next best thing. He's trying to keep them from becoming corpulent husks of flesh.

But don't worry..he will try again..to go back to conservative plan version 1..

Let them die.

Figures you would support this. Heil Big Brother!! :cuckoo:

Second thread on this.

What..now Conservatives are against "State Rights"?

Or are Conservatives against other Conservatives making a "Nanny State".

Bloomy isn't a Conservative...He's a damn commie is sheep's clothing, I don't care if he had a D or R next to his name..

as for states rights, no problem, maybe the people who live there will finally GET FED up and stand up against the idiots in charge

Bloomberg is a big time Corporatist

He's made more money then some 200 million Americans..COMBINED.

And that's the way you zombies LIKE IT.

Pretty much blows your theories on Conservatives.

Yeah, but you can't be trusted. We need Big Brother to police our every impulse. It's for our own good! :lol:

This shit is outrageous.

Bloomberg is mainly concerned about the Obese poor using up precious dollars in the emergency room. Unlike Jan Brewer..who lets poor people die..Bloomberg can't do that.

So he's doing the next best thing. He's trying to keep them from becoming corpulent husks of flesh.

Let them die.

Where did I say I supported it?

I'm pointing out that Bloomberg is pretty conservative.

Bloomy isn't a Conservative...He's a damn commie is sheep's clothing, I don't care if he had a D or R next to his name..

as for states rights, no problem, maybe the people who live there will finally GET FED up and stand up against the idiots in charge

Bloomberg is a big time Corporatist

He's made more money then some 200 million Americans..COMBINED.

And that's the way you zombies LIKE IT.

Pretty much blows your theories on Conservatives.

Why is that?

Bloomberg is very conservative when it comes to politics and big business.

Socially..he's a bit different.

Probably because he's Jewish..and can't or won't hate himself.

Ah..so..what does?

<facepalm>

My bad.

Bloomberg is a Nanny/Police Stater's wet dream. Dunces like you should be worshipping him. You're just too dumb to realize that. If you think Bloomberg is a Conservative, you've lost all credibility as far as i'm concerned. Can't take you seriously in the future.

<facepalm>

My bad.

Bloomberg is a Nanny/Police Stater's wet dream. Dunces like you should be worshipping him. You're just too dumb to realize that. If you think Bloomberg is a Conservative, you've lost all credibility as far as i'm concerned. Can't take you seriously in the future.

Oh gee chief I'm crushed.

From someone who worships an avowed racist successionist bastard like Dr. Paul..

It's going to keep me up at night.

Not.

:eusa_shhh:

So if this is big government tyranny at the local level, what do conservatives want to happen?

Should the bigger state or federal government step in and big foot NYC with a dictate that it cannot ban these drinks?

Ah..so..what does?

<facepalm>

My bad.

The Bush administration was the biggest regulation administration in U.S. history, including the Obama administration. If you love regulations like you do, you should love Bush.

This is politics. If he actually was trying to use gov't to get rid of the liberties americans use to make themselves fat, he would've banned Big Macs and banned grocery stores from selling high quantities of soda.

Instead all he's doing is hurting business, I'm certain this will have no impact on New York obesity.

So if this is big government tyranny at the local level, what do conservatives want to happen?

Should the bigger state or federal government step in and big foot NYC with a dictate that it cannot ban these drinks?

You're allowed to disagree with something a state or local gov't does without wanting the federal gov't to stomp on them.

This shit is outrageous.

Let them die.

Shouldn't the people of a city, through their representatives in that city's government, be able to decide for themselves whether they want this ban or not?

Or do you want Bigger Brother to intervene and tell them what they can or can't do?

<facepalm>

My bad.

The Bush administration was the biggest regulation administration in U.S. history, including the Obama administration. If you love regulations like you do, you should love Bush.

This is politics. If he actually was trying to use gov't to get rid of the liberties americans use to make themselves fat, he would've banned Big Macs and banned grocery stores from selling high quantities of soda.

Instead all he's doing is hurting business, I'm certain this will have no impact on New York obesity.

Of course it won't.

Bloomberg would have done better to provide funding for all the after school programs he closed, so kids could engage in sports activity. Or mandate that kids not skip out on gym class. Or back initiatives that encourage exercise.

This is stupidity.

yeah right...:rolleyes:
no the people of that state should kick Bloomberg's ass out of office or run him out on a rail...
man what a concept huh?

Let them die.

Shouldn't the people of a city, through their representatives in that city's government, be able to decide for themselves whether they want this ban or not?

Or do you want Bigger Brother to intervene and tell them what they can or can't do?

Only when it comes to marriage, abortion, religion and in some cases..drugs.

But sugary drinks?

Naw.

Ah..so..what does?

<facepalm>

So someone who switched to R so he could beat the incumbent, than later abandoned that party makes him conservative?

Just not THIS kind of Nanny regulation, right?....:lol:

More fail...

Actions speak volumes...

My bad.

Apparently reading comprehension is another FAIL for you...

I said a persons beliefs and ideaologies are what make them a conservative... I didn't say anything about me deciding who is and isn't.... A person's actions and beliefs make it obvious to those who aren't hacks...

I understand why you can't see that....

yeah right...:rolleyes:
no the people of that state should kick Bloomberg's ass out of office or run him out on a rail...
man what a concept huh?

They didn't.

So your whining makes no sense.

Anyway..it's his last term..he can't run again.

You're allowed to disagree with something a state or local gov't does without wanting the federal gov't to stomp on them.

The OP compares this to a police state. Isn't it in fact the JOB of the federal government to use its superior powers to prevent a local government from creating a 'police state'?

The OP is also calling this Nazism btw.

<facepalm>

So someone who switched to R so he could beat the incumbent, than later abandoned that party makes him conservative?

Just not THIS kind of Nanny regulation, right?....:lol:

More fail...

Actions speak volumes...

My bad.

Apparently reading comprehension is another FAIL for you...

I said a persons beliefs and ideaologies are what make them a conservative... I didn't say anything about me deciding who is and isn't.... A person's actions and beliefs make it obvious to those who aren't hacks...

I understand why you can't see that....

Got it.

So he doesn't hate minorities and non-christians.

No way he could ever be considered a conservative.

Because to be one..you must be both poltically and socially pure.

Good. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:

The OP compares this to a police state. Isn't it in fact the JOB of the federal government to use its superior powers to prevent a local government from creating a 'police state'?

The OP is also calling this Nazism btw.

If the people want a police state, they'll get it.

Nazism is an extreme exaggeration, bordering on anti-semitic. But then again Hitler and Nazi are terms always tossed around casually on this board, and every time they're used to me it's downplaying what the Nazis did and in turn anti-semitic.

Only when it comes to marriage, abortion, religion and in some cases..drugs.

But sugary drinks?

Naw.

The OP is calling this Nazism. I want him to tell us whether the federal government has the right to 'Big Brother' local governments when they are engaging in 'Nazism',

or if the federal government has no business in this.

Forum List

Back