Name 3 new laws that would save us money.

So, there's talk on the street that the government would like to trim the budget a bit. I can think of 3 new laws that would instantly begin to save us tax payers money.

(1) All members of the government, except for the President, travel on ordinary commercial airlines when a flight is necessary. They should travel in coach.

(2) No expense accounts. If you take a colleague to lunch, it's on own dime and not the taxpayer.

(3) When the President signs a bill into law, only one pen should be used. He doesn't need to use a dozen or more pens just so he can hand them out as gifts to his political cronies.

What about you? Any ideas on how the government can save money?
This is retarded.

2)Reps are to be paid by the state that sends them as their constituency feel they deserve to be paid.

I don't agree with this. We don't want there to be competition among states, or an inequitable living situation in the D.C. area. And we are the United States not the Separate States. These are Representatives to the Federal government.

4)Cut military spending my 30%. Let the military decide where to cut. But cut their funding by 30%. We spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined. No standing army can challenge us and a massive military didn't stop the terrorists we're told to be so afraid of anyway

I love this but it is easier to say than do, since the Defense industry has managed to be prevalent in every state. That's by design, to make it harder for Reps or Sens to vote against them.

Slowing down the War Machine means people losing their jobs. Which politicians will vote for that?

Okay we've got them flying coach unless they want to pay out of pocket upgrade to first class. Way to go.

How about we also say that any family members, non essential aides or staff, and any friends and business cronies who want to come along will have to pay their own way? I get more than a little frustrated at news clips of huge entourages accompanying this person or that person knowing that they are spending more money on that single trip than I will pay in taxes in my entire lifetime.

I want them to look at every dime as if THEY had to work for it and do without luxuries and a lot of wants in order to pay it into the people's treasury. I want them to stop looking at it as the government's money to spend any way it wants. It isn't. It is our money and we deserve to have it treated with respect.

I agree-but I think the president's immediate family shouldn't be flying coach. Too dangerous if something were to happen to them (hence why we have secret service for them). Other family? Pay your own way. Everything else in your post I agree with.

The ultimate problem with the government (on both sides)-is their own interests aren't at stake. It's not like running a business-where if your business fails-you're personally affected. If the government is doing crappy economically they just take it from the citizens (raising taxes, raising retirement age, cutting back on benefits we've been forced to pay into-aka social security). They do that, take a little bad press, and at the end of the day really don't give two shits. This goes for both parties.

Sure the President's family can ride in Airforce One with him if there is a compelling reason they need to be on the trip. But their miscellaneous staff that doesn't have to be there, extraneous friends and relatives who are invited to come along, or business cronies being shown something really important should not travel free, even on Airforce One. They should pay for their own meals, motels, extra expenses whatever or whoever invited them should pick up the tab.

I'm sure somebody will say I'm nitpicking and the few thousand dollars extra to 'treat' these folks is small potatoes--petty cash. I'm sorry but I work damn hard to make a $1000 and invest a lot of time, talent, energy, and sometimes blood, sweat, and tears into a year's work to send thousands to the government in federal taxes, social security, and Medicare.

And it gripes me to think of it all being used up not to increase our national security or explore space or some other noble cause. No, it is all used up to pay the way of some crony the President or First Lady or some bigwig in Congress wants to treat.

It is not small potatoes or petty cash to me. It is a lot of money.

Okay we've got them flying coach unless they want to pay out of pocket upgrade to first class. Way to go.

How about we also say that any family members, non essential aides or staff, and any friends and business cronies who want to come along will have to pay their own way? I get more than a little frustrated at news clips of huge entourages accompanying this person or that person knowing that they are spending more money on that single trip than I will pay in taxes in my entire lifetime.

I want them to look at every dime as if THEY had to work for it and do without luxuries and a lot of wants in order to pay it into the people's treasury. I want them to stop looking at it as the government's money to spend any way it wants. It isn't. It is our money and we deserve to have it treated with respect.

I agree-but I think the president's immediate family shouldn't be flying coach. Too dangerous if something were to happen to them (hence why we have secret service for them). Other family? Pay your own way. Everything else in your post I agree with.

The ultimate problem with the government (on both sides)-is their own interests aren't at stake. It's not like running a business-where if your business fails-you're personally affected. If the government is doing crappy economically they just take it from the citizens (raising taxes, raising retirement age, cutting back on benefits we've been forced to pay into-aka social security). They do that, take a little bad press, and at the end of the day really don't give two shits. This goes for both parties.

Sure the President's family can ride in Airforce One with him if there is a compelling reason they need to be on the trip. But their miscellaneous staff that doesn't have to be there, extraneous friends and relatives who are invited to come along, or business cronies being shown something really important should not travel free, even on Airforce One. They should pay for their own meals, motels, extra expenses whatever or whoever invited them should pick up the tab.

I'm sure somebody will say I'm nitpicking and the few thousand dollars extra to 'treat' these folks is small potatoes--petty cash. I'm sorry but I work damn hard to make a $1000 and invest a lot of time, talent, energy, and sometimes blood, sweat, and tears into a year's work to send thousands to the government in federal taxes, social security, and Medicare.

And it gripes me to think of it all being used up not to increase our national security or explore space or some other noble cause. No, it is all used up to pay the way of some crony the President or First Lady or some bigwig in Congress wants to treat.

It is not small potatoes or petty cash to me. It is a lot of money.

Immediate family is fine, if the president is on the plane himself. If not, book a flight and pay for it with personal funds. We elect a president, not a first family or first pet for that matter.

1: Make the Department of Education privately run, I read a article on it, and it sounded like a decent idea, only problem could be if a place didn't have enough schools for the kids, or if prices where too high for poorer children to go to school.

2: Maybe get rid of state level organizations that are branch off's of the FBI (my state has the TBI I know).

3: Make candidates run without money from corporations or interest groups? idk, needed a 3rd lol, I have no idea guys, I am a simple guy.

Outlaw the Democrat Party.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Conforming the fed to the limits of the Constitution would save us billions a year.

No, or at least limit foreign bases.
No foreign aide.
Remove the limits on drilling and mining.
Get rid of the minimum wage. Teens can't get jobs, and nothing spends money like a teenager.
Make congress pay into a 401k, and buy HC ins.

That's a few, caught myself climbing up on my soapbox, so Ima gonna quit it now.

Who the hell thinks its a bright idea to have elected officials paid minimum wage? Were you dropped on your head as a baby like every damn day?

How often would a representative be able to go back to their district and talk to their constituients? How will any average american be able to earn a living like that? I mean this limits the pool to very rich people, which they will repeal all labor laws, make us work for little to no money, destroying our purchasing power and our place as a superpower.

Oh and see Egypt. That will happen very quickly. Some people really aren't that smart.

The very definition of entitlement.
No.
Benefits that are earned thru service are compensation, not an entitlement.

Your attempt to redefine the term 'entitlement' to mean something it doesn't indicates that you understand just how weal your argument really it.
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Redefining the term? I gave you the definition of the term. Straight out of the dictionary.

What's been highlighted is your own stupidity. You swallow whole the rhetoric from the Republican talking heads and never took the time to think about what you were saying.

2)Reps are to be paid by the state that sends them as their constituency feel they deserve to be paid.

I don't agree with this. We don't want there to be competition among states, or an inequitable living situation in the D.C. area. And we are the United States not the Separate States. These are Representatives to the Federal government.

1) How would this constitute 'competition among the states' and how would it be bad?

2)clarify 'or an inequitable living situation in the D.C. area', please

3)We're supposed to be thew united States, but that has nothing to do with the matter

4)They are representatives from their states, and of the People of their districts. What logic is there to having the federal government tax Hawaii and Missouri to pay New York's representative?
4)Cut military spending my 30%. Let the military decide where to cut. But cut their funding by 30%. We spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined. No standing army can challenge us and a massive military didn't stop the terrorists we're told to be so afraid of anyway
I love this but it is easier to say than do

Not if our representatives had balls and brains.
Slowing down the War Machine means people losing their jobs

Fixing the problem leads to a healthier economy- and jobs. It's part of the solution, along with tariffs, bans on imported goods not certified sweat-free, the end of NAFTA...

The people of Tennessee want to know what wrecked their gravy train,
The one they thought was run so well and now who can they blame,
They want to know who greased the track and started it down that road,
The same old train that carried all the money to pay for the highway roads.

CHORUS)
And Now we're up against it and no use to raise a row,
Of all the times I ever have seen we're sure up against it now,
The only thing that we can do is to do the best we can,
So follow me good people--we're bound for the promised land.
Now I could've been a banker without the least excuse,
But look at the treasury of Tennessee and tell me what's the use,
We lately bonded Tennessee for just five million bucks,
The bonds were issued---the money tied up---and now we're in tough luck.
Some blame all on politics---some lay it on others you see,
But, friends, you can plainly see what happened to Tennessee,
The ungineer pulled the throttle---the fireman rang the bell,
The conductor hollered "ALL ABOARD"---and the banks all went to hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Require car pooling

2. increase the deductable for Congresses health care.

3. elections every twenty years

I was just seeing if I could be as dumb as sumb, I mean sum, or is that some.

The only thing that stops someone from spending is not having, take away the money, that is all we can do.

For starters.....

1) Enforce current immigration laws.

2) Repeal Obamacare

3) Amend the 14th Amendment.

4) End Affirmative Action

5) End the practice of legislating from the bench

6) Overturn Roe V Wade

7) Reinstate DADT

1: Make the Department of Education privately run, I read a article on it, and it sounded like a decent idea, only problem could be if a place didn't have enough schools for the kids, or if prices where too high for poorer children to go to school.

2: Maybe get rid of state level organizations that are branch off's of the FBI (my state has the TBI I know).

3: Make candidates run without money from corporations or interest groups? idk, needed a 3rd lol, I have no idea guys, I am a simple guy.

We need to abolish the Dept. of Education as well as the Dept. of Energy and leave that responsibility to the respective states per the Tenth Amendment. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Forum List

Back