Nader Polling 6%

Heres the thing about Nader and his fans... Nader is the only name they march behind regardless of their positions on issues. Hell, I WANT a third party to shake things up. But trucking out the same iconic dude year after year after year... The movement strikes me as originally genuine. But it became a hollow pinata of itself filled with reasons to obstinately keep running instead of trying to build support with a broader organization. As it stands, Nader's support is no more representative of "America" than any given major special interest group. There is no effort given to creating other major faces beyond the one trademark that keeps them semi-viable. And this facade of a contender, though im sure a great man, will continue to be the Achilles heel of that particular sample of politically active people.

Hell.. my very first vote was in 1996. For Harry Browne.

Good. I supported Nader in 2000 and I am going to support him again this time around. He has been fighting for the ordinary citizens of this country for over 40 years. Clinton and Obama’s records fail in comparison.

I heard somewhere that he may gather enough support to be included in the presidential debates. Wouldn’t that be something…a politician…at a debate…speaking the truth...

Personally, I don't see why more liberals don't support him, especially those here.

I always hope Nadir pulls 20%.

Though I am sure some of you will be dismayed if you go to Nader's website you will see he is at 10% in Michigan in what is generally a Democrat safe haven. Seems like being punished for pushing their primary foward has pissed off voters in Michigan.

Though I am sure some of you will be dismayed if you go to Nader's website you will see he is at 10% in Michigan in what is generally a Democrat safe haven. Seems like being punished for pushing their primary foward has pissed off voters in Michigan.

Gee... there's a good reason to hand the state to McCain. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Well no but it goes a long way to get Nader into the debates where Obama/Clinton/McCain would be ran over by him.

Well no but it goes a long way to get Nader into the debates where Obama/Clinton/McCain would be ran over by him.

You don't really believe that, do you?

Nader is a megalomaniac who is far beyond his public usefulness and is only destructive at this point.

Although I do love wonkette's take on it:

There's only one problem: Michigan already had its primary, and it didn't even count. Why the hell is Nader sending out press releases about his polling numbers in Michigan?

We imagine it's either because a) Ralph is senile and has no idea when the primary was held, or b) This was the only state where anybody supported him for anything, because of his love for Detroit's Corvair.

http://wonkette.com/380105/bitter-voters-will-elect-ralph-nader-in-michigan

That statement of his is beyond ridiculous. Why should Mr. Nader care if the primary is over there? These are general election numbers not numbers taken from Democrats who voted in the primary. Get your facts straight this poll was taken from all potential voters not just Democrats.

I just found the comment amusing. But I think anyone who would vote for Nader really needs their head examined Handing the white house to someone who knows nothing about economics, can't tell the difference between shi'a and sunni and announced today that no matter how qualified, no VP candidate who isn't anti choice need apply is retarded. Nader's agenda is in being self-aggrandizing.

But stand on principle.... as we watch the right further drag this country into a social and economic abyss.

But stand on principle.... as we watch the right further drag this country into a social and economic abyss.

That's the problem; the Democrats have caved on nearly every issue since they received the majority in Congress. The Democrats have out lived their usefulness as they have moved further away from populist ideals that used to be their foundation. The Democrats have been very weak in Presidential politics since the days of Carter. Only Bill Clinton has been elected as a Democrat since the days of Carter but even his victories were in a very strong three way race with Clinton/Bush/Perot. I feel it's time to move beyond the Democratic Party to push populist and progressive politics into the way America is run.

Call that standing on my principles however; in the long term populist ideals must take the forefront in American politics. Whether Ralph Nader wins or not is to me immaterial, he simply carries a message that needs to be heard that is ignored by the mainstream media and by the private interest controlled D.C.

That's the problem; the Democrats have caved on nearly every issue since they received the majority in Congress. The Democrats have out lived their usefulness as they have moved further away from populist ideals that used to be their foundation. The Democrats have been very weak in Presidential politics since the days of Carter. Only Bill Clinton has been elected as a Democrat since the days of Carter but even his victories were in a very strong three way race with Clinton/Bush/Perot. I feel it's time to move beyond the Democratic Party to push populist and progressive politics into the way America is run.

Call that standing on my principles however; in the long term populist ideals must take the forefront in American politics. Whether Ralph Nader wins or not is to me immaterial, he simply carries a message that needs to be heard that is ignored by the mainstream media and by the private interest controlled D.C.

*Ouch* That HAD to hurt. :badgrin:

Oh pooh! Seriously. I'm not going to sit here and say the dems stood up like they should have. but they also didn't have a veto-proof majority.

and thanks to your lovely little megalomaniac, we have 4,010 troops dead and heaven knows how many Iraqis... , our economy is beyond messed up, we have debt my future grandchildren will be paying and our environment has been abused

but y'all keep standing on principle and wasting your vote, and wasting our time and trying to saddle us with losers so you can "advance progressive politics"....

nuts...

Oh pooh! Seriously. I'm not going to sit here and say the dems stood up like they should have. but they also didn't have a veto-proof majority.

and thanks to your lovely little megalomaniac, we have 4,010 troops dead and heaven knows how many Iraqis... , our economy is beyond messed up, we have debt my future grandchildren will be paying and our environment has been abused

but y'all keep standing on principle and wasting your vote, and wasting our time and trying to saddle us with losers so you can "advance progressive politics"....

nuts...

Losing that " bright" hope of a Black racist in the White House Jillian?

are you kidding me?

Like I said, 8 years of Bush will do more in 08 for dems than a Naderite's wet dream could possibly touch.

Look, I didn't come here to sling mud. I haven't said a single word to insult any of you or your beliefs at least I haven't intended to. Rather than intelligibly discuss the topic you have reduced yourself to one liners in an attempt to undermine the intent of this post. If you disagree with Mr. Nader then fine but at least give a just reason for your belief rather than taking in the spoon fed rhetoric of the Democratic Party. I question; Obama, Clinton, McCain and other candidates on their policies and would hope the same could be afforded to third party and independent candidates.

good point Patriot.

course which is worse?

invading Afghanistan and failing to achieve the objective...and costing billions

or not invading, costing nothing, and possibly still catching OBL through other means?

let me know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back