NAACP leader/liberal judge won't marry gay couple

Full disclosure: I am a conservative capitalist that supports gay marriage.The Left keeps taking white guys to task for being anti-gay but never call out blacks, latinos, and muslims for being anti gay. You Think the same black minister wagging his finger over Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin is going to support gay marriage? All the Hispanics calling for 'rights', think their position on gay marriage aligns with the libs? What is CAIR's position on gay marriage?
You're not alone. I support gay marriage too....but that's not good enough for the Fag Militia who wants to force everyone to accept and accommodate SSM and goddess help ANYONE that dares to decline to marry a gay couple.

SSM isn't evil, but the gay rights movement is. It's demonic.

The Left will never call out the black minister who opposes gay marriage. CAIR will never support gay marriage yet the Left will defend CAIR.

Here listening to the liberals I thought all blacks were down with the struggle over gay "rights." I mean doesn't one of our posters have the CBF being lowered and a rainbow flag being raised? I mean how more can a person equate being black and being gay then to compare the fight over slavery with the fight over being gay?
Most blacks are against gay "marriage"

LOL...Not.... You're lah..lah .land.sweetie some leftist "churches" will perform them. You can go there if you like. All in all though not gonna happen.

I suppose it makes you feel better to think so, but I just provided the stats. Increasing rapidly.
And what about Muslims. They are demanding a gay marriage exemption in Britain. Do you think they will be forced to marry gays?

Do we live in Britain? Does Britain have a 1st Amendment or anything like it? Are Christians in Britain "forced" to marry gays?
Obama seems to want to become Britain.

Everything here is focusing on Christians not marrying gays but Christian don't hate gays.

Islam hates gays. Kills gays. And Muslims here are not forced to preform Jewish weddings and so far not gay weddings either.

Don't they? It wasn't a Muslim Imam that threatened to set himself on fire over the ruling was it? Muslims in the United States are more open to gays marrying than evangelical Christians. This is a fact.
LOL... back up your bull please. I say you're full of shit

They will....by another judge. No denial of service can be cited and, as usual, there are no victims championed by Leftists' phony outrage.

I know you're not that young Mikey. You've heard the stories of interracial couples denied licenses. Judge after judge, clerk after clerk, refusing to issue the license of N words and N word lovers. Now it's the F words.

Same bigots, different decade.

How about if you are a civil servant and you refuse to do your job, you lose it. Like this...

Kentucky Governor Orders Clerk to Issue Marriage Licenses or Quit Job
No, I've never heard of an interracial couple being denied, but I have heard the N word a lot right here on this forum, particularly from Paintmyhouse, one of your guys.

I'm 40.

Then you need to study history more.
I love history. Did you know, for instance, that Republicans not only championed civil rights but also women's suffrage? Wyoming was the first state to give women the right to vote. History is awesome because we have always been on the right side of it and you people have always been on the wrong side.

You forgot the qualifier...Northern Republicans and Democrats championed civil rights. Conservatives in the south are still fighting Civil Rights.

Interracial couples were denied licenses just like gays. Same bigots, different decade.

Learn some history genius. Southern Republicans were the party founded on civil rights for blacks and Lincoln certainly didn't champion any gay marriage neither did those who wrote the 14th amendment.... You're delusional. and you cant be a Mrs without a Mr.:thup:

Here listening to the liberals I thought all blacks were down with the struggle over gay "rights." I mean doesn't one of our posters have the CBF being lowered and a rainbow flag being raised? I mean how more can a person equate being black and being gay then to compare the fight over slavery with the fight over being gay?

I am not sure how we can know that but I will say they don't seem to mind the comparision.

I am not sure how we can know that but I will say they don't seem to mind the comparision.

We know by prop 8 in California and I have not met a Black person who was pro gay marriage, never. Who says they don't mind? Al Sharpton? Please..There is no comparison between race and activity, none...Black men are that same as white men. White women are the same as black women I've seen no difference other than skin color. the differences come with environment. Black people should be outraged at the comparison

We know by prop 8 in California and I have not met a Black person who was pro gay marriage, never. Who says they don't mind? Al Sharpton? Please..There is no comparison between race and activity, none...Black men are that same as white men. White women are the same as black women I've seen no difference other than skin color. the differences come with environment. Black people should be outraged at the comparison

If you consider Obama a black man, he doesn't seem to be agaisnt gay marriage, even though he said he was.

If you consider Obama a black man, he doesn't seem to be agaisnt gay marriage, even though he said he was.
and that matters how? he was against it before he was for it. He is half white and was raised by leftist white people

I suppose it makes you feel better to think so, but I just provided the stats. Increasing rapidly.
And what about Muslims. They are demanding a gay marriage exemption in Britain. Do you think they will be forced to marry gays?

Do we live in Britain? Does Britain have a 1st Amendment or anything like it? Are Christians in Britain "forced" to marry gays?

Everything here is focusing on Christians not marrying gays but Christian don't hate gays.

Islam hates gays. Kills gays. And Muslims here are not forced to preform Jewish weddings and so far not gay weddings either.

Don't they? It wasn't a Muslim Imam that threatened to set himself on fire over the ruling was it? Muslims in the United States are more open to gays marrying than evangelical Christians. This is a fact.

Muslim Strongly Support and Support: 42%
Evangelical Christians Strongly Support and Support: 28%

Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by Religious Affiliation and Denominational Family

This is what it looks like in an easy to understand picture for you...

religious-groups-on-marriage-equality-v3.png

In 2001, roughly one-third of both whites and blacks expressed support for same-sex marriage. Today, 59% of whites support same-sex marriage, as do 41% of blacks.

The Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage

Worked out the way it should.

He didn't want to, someone who wanted to did. Bingo.

No doubt the PC Police are disappointed they couldn't ruin him.

This time. If the next civil servant also refused? And the next?

It happened to black men like this judge when they tried to marry white women.

Makes this civil servant's actions all the more unconscionable.
Well, maybe you can get him fired.

He shouldn't be a civil servant if he can't serve the taxpaying populace.
Please don't tell me you're surprised by this. And we both know, sadly, that there is more of this to come, perhaps a lot more.

You have had public opinion moving your way for years. Gay marriage has been inevitable for, what, at least a decade. Good, nice to see. And instead of guiding it home by changing hearts and minds with patience and reason, you have chosen to force and intimidate and punish and attack and control.

Did you really think that this type of behavior was not going to exacerbate animosities and tensions? Really?

Maybe this should be considered good news. No doubt you'll have several more opportunities to issue "consequences". Have at it, that'll change hearts and minds, I'm sure.

Oh please. The guy is a public servant, not a bigot baker. He is not doing his job. If I refused to serve Republicans in MY job, I'd lose it. He should lose his for not doing his job, period.
You apply this standard to all public servants? Even the elected ones? Because there is this guy in a big white house is has for 6 years, refused to do his job.....

Muslim Strongly Support and Support: 42%
Evangelical Christians Strongly Support and Support: 28%

Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by Religious Affiliation and Denominational Family

This is what it looks like in an easy to understand picture for you...

religious-groups-on-marriage-equality-v3.png

Humm... think progress..ok religious people don't support any gay marriage. i can call myself whatever I want. How many of those people polled actually practice their religion? For the most part anytime gay "marriage" has been left up to the people it has failed that's a fact

Some people take their Christian vows seriously. Better to offend gays than to offend God! The Bible states: It is an abomination for man to lie with man as with a woman; or words to that effect. Now there may be an argument that there is no biblical prohibition against lesbian couplings, but male homosexuality is strictly forbidden.

Moreover, making a comparison of gay marriage with that of interracial marriage is wrong. Moses, allegedly fair skinned, married an Ethiopian woman and God punished those who criticized that union.

Interracial marriage does not violate God's law.

He shouldn't be a civil servant if he can't serve the taxpaying populace.

This isn't quite the same as a county clerk refusing to issue a marriage license. Judges are under no obligation to perform wedding ceremonies. They are one of many people authorized to perform them. It's not a part of their essential job functions, though. When a judge performs a wedding ceremony, it is considered to be something done outside of their official governmental duties, which is why judges can require payment to perform such duties. Therefore, performing wedding ceremonies is a business venture outside of their government job, and is subject to the same rules and laws that govern any other business.

Are you saying it's not part of their job description? Prove that.

Actually, you would need to prove that it is part of their job description. Otherwise, you are demanding proof of a negative. :)

Take note of the specific statute in question:

3101.08 Who may solemnize marriages.

An ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state who is licensed to solemnize marriages, a judge of a county court in accordance with section 1907.18 of the Revised Code, a judge of a municipal court in accordance with section 1901.14 of the Revised Code, a probate judge in accordance with section 2101.27 of the Revised Code, the mayor of a municipal corporation in any county in which such municipal corporation wholly or partly lies, the superintendent of the state school for the deaf, or any religious society in conformity with the rules of its church, may join together as husband and wife any persons who are not prohibited by law from being joined in marriage.

Nobody is required to perform a wedding ceremony, but they are authorized. Not every judge performs wedding ceremonies. Because they are authorized, but not required, to provide such services, judges have the right to require compensation in exchange for their services.

LOL...Not.... You're lah..lah .land.sweetie some leftist "churches" will perform them. You can go there if you like. All in all though not gonna happen.

Show me proof. I found one gay Muslim church in Britain. Not in America.

I wouldn't get married by a judge in a court house to begin with. Where is the romance in that?

That is a deflection from the question. If you had paid your fee and waited in line like everyone else, you would expect to be served like all the all taxpaying citizens in the clerks office.

They will....by another judge. No denial of service can be cited and, as usual, there are no victims championed by Leftists' phony outrage.

I know you're not that young Mikey. You've heard the stories of interracial couples denied licenses. Judge after judge, clerk after clerk, refusing to issue the license of N words and N word lovers. Now it's the F words.

Same bigots, different decade.

How about if you are a civil servant and you refuse to do your job, you lose it. Like this...

Kentucky Governor Orders Clerk to Issue Marriage Licenses or Quit Job
No, I've never heard of an interracial couple being denied, but I have heard the N word a lot right here on this forum, particularly from Paintmyhouse, one of your guys.

I'm 40.

Then you need to study history more.
Race is not the same as sexual preference. And black people HATE that it's being compared that way.

Hmmm seems the Orthodox Jews and Islam are against gay marriage yet only the Christians get ripped for it.

"
Many of the largest U.S. religious institutions have remained firmly against allowing same-sex marriage, including the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox Jewish movement and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as the Southern Baptist Convention and other evangelical Protestant denominations.

Where Christian churches other religions stand on gay marriage Pew Research Center

Some people take their Christian vows seriously. Better to offend gays than to offend God! The Bible states: It is an abomination for man to lie with man as with a woman; or words to that effect. Now there may be an argument that there is no biblical prohibition against lesbian couplings, but male homosexuality is strictly forbidden.

Moreover, making a comparison of gay marriage with that of interracial marriage is wrong. Moses, allegedly fair skinned, married an Ethiopian woman and God punished those who criticized that union.

Interracial marriage does not violate God's law.

I don't think God sees all homosexual sex as the same. What the Bible refers to, as clarified in Romans 1, is rampant, polygamous sex orgies, multiple partners, pagan rituals, and the world of evil that comes from that. God's laws, all of them, were meant to protect Israel from the very things destroying other civilizations. And what God prohibits is still going on today, gay men on hookup sites looking for casual, anonymous sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. This libertine lifestyle is destructive, and God's laws are designed to protect us from the consequences of such a lifestyle.

I don't think that two men or two women in a committed, monogamous marriage is quite the same thing. There are Christian gay people like two very close friends of mine who believe that God expects even gay people to adhere to a moral code, especially in regards to the sanctity and fidelity of marriage.

You correctly noted that women were not included in the OT laws against homosexual conduct and that should be a clue to what God was really trying to say, because women don't bring down civilizations like men did at Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis records the angels telling Lot that God would destroy those cities not because of homosexuality, but because of the outcry of their neighbors. (Genesis 19:13) Think of prison where male sex is used as a tool for domination and then imagine two entire cities overtaken with roving gangs of these kind of men who then go out to neighboring cities and townships to oppress them. This was an aggressive, metastasizing form of homosexuality and it was very evil in the sight of the Lord.

Forum List

Back