My Reason For Bringing Back Drawing And Quartering

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by GotZoom, Jul 21, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    A 19-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday by Mesa police for the alleged drowning of her newborn son in a toilet.

"What she told us was she didn't want any the family or friends to know that she was pregnant, had given birth to a child," said Mesa Police Detective Tim Gaffney.

Officers responded to call at about 10 p.m. July 8 from a local hospital about a welfare check on a woman, Leandra Berumen. She told police that she gave birth at home on July 7 to a baby boy, who was dead. She said she and a friend took the baby to a local mortuary and dropped him off.

Berumen later admitted to investigators that the baby was at her Mesa home in a closet. Police found the baby in a closet, dead.

The Maricopa County Medical Examiners Office completed an autopsy and determined that the baby was alive at birth.

After receiving the results of the autopsy, detectives located Berumen in Kearny, Ariz., and arrested her. She admitted to detectives Tuesday that the baby cried and was moving when she gave birth. She did not want anybody to know about the baby so she held him down inside of a toilet.

She was booked for one count of Second Degree Murder.

In 2001, Arizona joined several states that have a "Safe Haven Law" for newborn babies.

The Safe Haven Law allows mothers, fathers, or whoever is in possession of an unharmed newborn that is up to 72 hours old to leave the child with any hospital, church, adoption agency, health care institution, child welfare agency, or fire station. Individuals can remain anonymous and will not be prosecuted for abuse as long as there are no signs of physical injury to the baby.

http://www.620ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=63317

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I hate quoting the dixie chicks..

but sung do 'earl needs to die'

"That girl needs to die".

3. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So you are saying that abortion is worse than this?
    Probably a victim of "abstinence only" sex education.

4. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    More likely she was a victim of the liberal "I'll do whatever I feel like and let someone else pay the price" syndrome.

5. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Explain your reasoning on this absurd statement. (if u can)

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    No, I am saying that there is no difference and that killing a developing human is killing a developing human regardless of birth status. I even used the example in another thread that IMO there is no difference between drowning a child at birth and tearing it apart in the womb.

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

have been given the name..."Walking Eagle"...too full of shit to fly!

8. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Gladly. A female who knows nothing about birth control or the bodily process involved in getting pregnant is ill prepared to handle a sexual situation. If she is a member of a deeply conservative family that places pregnancy on the same sin level as murder or other serious crimes, she will be too scared to seek help. She will also do anything possible to avoid letting anyone know she was pregnant.
    This situation happens more often than you can imagine. You would be surprised at how many kids get themselves into similar situations and are deathly afraid to come forward. They have breakdowns, commit suicide and run away to have their babies in secret. Some sell them on the black market. Others merely do away with them.
    Something to be proud of, eh?

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    While sneaking behind peoples backs to flush it the day before it was born is better? That there is shame associated with an unacknowledged pregnancy does not mean that it is morally superior to allow them to kill their offspring or that the legal killing of offspring at any level of development is superior to the value of life. So you believe that we should allow it legally because it happens at an earlier period of development, that child abuse laws should be based on the age of the child?

By this post I must assume you must believe that everybody on this Board except you also believes that Abstinence Only is the only way to go and that it also means to you that Parents who don't want others to teach their children about sex won't understand what a Prophylactic is and if they somehow beyond all comprehension do have such knowledge will purposefully deny their children all knowledge, magically, of them. That all persons who of one party fit nicely into your stereotype without regard to any idea that they might believe differently and that everybody on the site belongs to that Party which fits so nicely into your stereotypes?

To me it seems no different at all, I can see no valid moral difference between killing it the day before birth or the day after or months before the birth or months after for that matter.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    hey man, let's not tarnish the American Eagle with any reference to walking shit :eek: