My Post WWII Walther P-38

When I was 12, my uncle's P-38 was actually the first handgun I ever fired. Real nice! Very sweet. However, just minutes later he let me shoot his Polish Radom P-35...which I must admit I enjoyed shooting a little more. Now, 40 years later one of my favorite little CC guns is a Radom P-83 made in 1988. Still all steel and so-o-o-o Cold War-ish.

But anyway, congrats on your new piece of history. It's looks great and I hope it shoots just as well.

Check and make sure the locking lug isn't cracked....Alloy or steel frame?

147gr fodder works best in them, that's what their sights are regulated for.
When I did the basic field strip the locking lug retaining spring snapped in two. Just ordered a new one from Numrich, shipping cost more than the part.......... :lol:

When I did the basic field strip the locking lug retaining spring snapped in two. Just ordered a new one from Numrich, shipping cost more than the part.......... :lol:
LOL....I feel your pain....The rear sight blade I ordered for that H&R 929 I bought the other day was $8.00, the shipping was $5.95.....At least they had one and it fit just fine.

Same with a Walther PPK mag base I ordered. I was really happy with the mag base though, it was used and matched the finish of the pre-war Banner mag body perfectly.

I must say though, Numrich has really upped their game on shipping. The last half dozen or so orders I got in three days if it wasn't in transit over a weekend. It used to take about two weeks regardless.

Forum List

Back