My Non-Nerd Review of Windows 10

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Win10%2BDesktop.png

As I'm already running Win8.1 – and probably didn't know better – I signed up for the free release. On the morning of the 29th, I read something warning me to back up my PC so I started by erasing everything on my backup thumb drive – 3 blasted hours! That was followed by transferring my Documents, Music, Pictures, and Video to the back up – another darned 3 hours.

If you want to see the rest, go to my blog @ http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com

Oh yeah, here's another techie review @ I Used Windows 10 And Survived And You Can Too Popular Science

So is it worth it or not?

You aren't losing a thing by upgrading.

But is there a point?
I need something a bit more tangible than "not losing".

How 'bout the old reliable question that keeps Facebook away:
"What does this give me that I don't already have?"

As I have no idea what you have I can't tell you what this adds. All I know is that it didn't take away anything that I have.

Holy Cow longknife...you be Bill's favorite nephew or something??:eusa_dance:
What is this...the 5th-6th Windows 10 thread in the past week or so?
It is a mid-release that is an attempt to fix the Windows 8 nightmare. Period.
As usual, M$ and all the fan boys will say "[Insert latest release here] is the best Windows so far, [insert name again] has 100's of upgrades and improvements!! But the best thing about [insert name again] is it introduces [insert new feature that has probably been available in other OS's for years, in this case Cortana] which will revolutionize computing!!!"

Holy Cow longknife...you be Bill's favorite nephew or something??:eusa_dance:
What is this...the 5th-6th Windows 10 thread in the past week or so?
It is a mid-release that is an attempt to fix the Windows 8 nightmare. Period.
As usual, M$ and all the fan boys will say "[Insert latest release here] is the best Windows so far, [insert name again] has 100's of upgrades and improvements!! But the best thing about [insert name again] is it introduces [insert new feature that has probably been available in other OS's for years, in this case Cortana] which will revolutionize computing!!!"

I post them as I would guess there are a large number of people who come here have Windows of one form or another.

I've personally been through XP which I liked, Vista which was so-so, and Windows 8.1 that I got used to with a Classic Shell for Win7. Now, I just thought I'd share my personal experience with upgrading to Win10.

If that somehow upsets you, I just guess that's your problem

I post them as I would guess there are a large number of people who come here have Windows of one form or another.

I've personally been through XP which I liked, Vista which was so-so, and Windows 8.1 that I got used to with a Classic Shell for Win7. Now, I just thought I'd share my personal experience with upgrading to Win10.

If that somehow upsets you, I just guess that's your problem

Doesn't upset me any...just...damn...almost as bad as Statistihengst and Trump post! :eusa_whistle:

Nixie is of Russian descent, adopted by a family in Mass, ended up as a teen in Iowa when her family moved there and is now currently living in Sacramento, CA.

Forum List

Back