my nephew lost his life tonight

The storm, which took so many from the storm
Of life itself and made them memories,
Is past; and those who passed, in present form,
Are past all pain, as doubt with faith agrees. ...

--Robert Graber
(Joplin Tornado Sonnet 5, Stanza 1)

He was 9 and all the bullshit that we argue over is meaningless

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's terrible, such a tragedy when a child dies. My condolences, to you. May God Bless you and your family and give you comfort and peace.

If you try to make politics of today.... fuck you.

How did your nephew die? It seems many have assumed it was by a tornado, but you never said that.

I can only assume from flying debris. My ex sister in law does not speak with any of the family. Were it not for my ex mother in law I would have never known. She is a sweet old woman and I feel so sorry for her. Last I saw him he was a toddler.

Nine. What a terrible, terrible loss. There is no greater pain which can be inflicted on parents than to lose a young child. Life will never be the same for them. It will be darker and heavier for many years to come.

I hope they have friends and family they can lean on for solace and support through the mournful time ahead. I hope their faith, if they ever had it, is not shattered by this experience. I hope they come out of this with a deeper understanding of the great unknowns than the rest of us, and find the true blessings of the gift of life.

I can't even begin to imagine this horror. Whether you were close to the child or not, you have my deepest sympathies Grampa.

"There is a world above
Where sorrow is unknown;
A long eternity of love,
Formed for the good alone;
And faith beholds the dying here
Translated to that glorious sphere."

Last edited:
If you try to make politics of today.... fuck you.

How did your nephew die? It seems many have assumed it was by a tornado, but you never said that.

I can only assume from flying debris. My ex sister in law does not speak with any of the family. Were it not for my ex mother in law I would have never known. She is a sweet old woman and I feel so sorry for her. Last I saw him he was a toddler.

Through this sadness, take the time to recognize how many friends you have here that care about you Gramps. We are all saddened by your news because we all care about you.
You take care.

Grampa, I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. Please use this time to try to repair whatever riff your family may have. May peace be with you throughout your time of pain. Love and Hugs Grampa

Very sorry to read of your loss Grampa, I hope you and your family may find a way mend and heal at this time of grief

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and yours.

Forum List

Back