My Nephew, Jay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Many of you know and have written mucho encouragements to me about my nephew, Jay, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few weeks before his wedding. He's my brother's only son and my godchild.

He graduated summa cum laude from the university with a degree in law enforcement. He was offered a position with the FBI, but wanted to be a 'regular' police officer, like his father. He landed a job about 6 months later, but unbeknownst to any of us, he was already feeling the effects of the tumor, but didn't say anything. He 'resigned' a week out of the academy. He had a good job that he'd been working with while applying for police departments, TRW identity theft profiling. I was with my brother when he found out about the tumor, the day after my dad's funeral. Needless to say, it was shock after shock.

Anyhow, Sunday is a walk for brain tumor research. If anyone has a few sheckles to donate, it would be highly appreciated:

4th Annual Stride to Save Lives - Home

His team is J's Crew, already in 1st place, but with less that $4k. Here's his letter to friends and family:

Credit taken at site. Make checks payable to:

The CINN Foundation

2. Nate Peele

Nate Peele Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I will be at the walk as well. A friend of mine has a very young daughter suffering from a tumor as well. It is a great cause. Hopefully the weather cooperates :)

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It would be nice to meet up, sarcastic guy that you are not withstanding. LOL! Pm me.

I just got off the phone with my daughter, she and her boyfriend have friends signing up. So too does my older son.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Sorry we weren't able to connect. It was a great day and they raised more than they had anticipated. Great Salsa band and good burgers. We went to ESPN for appetizers and drinks afterwards, while the downpour continued, then when the weather broke, walked down to the Blues Festival. Got some pics around the Bean too! LOL!

5. Nate Peele

Nate Peele Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm glad you had a good time. I'll be there for sure next year. I haven't talked to my friends about it yet, but hopefully their time was as good as yours.