My Mistake

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I thought everyone would wait until after the election to get the hell out of the Blue Wall. I underestimated how easily it is to commute from PA to MD, NJ and NY these three states and CT are suing the federal government to repeal the reduced SALT deduction 4-5 months earlier than I forecast.

The lawsuit basically says that capping the SALT deduction forces the states to adopt different fiscal policies, thereby violating their sovereignty as states. I can see where a progressive liberal federal judge might accept that argument, cuz that's what they do. But then if this is true then how would any federal matching grant be constitutional?

Sounds like political grandstanding to me from a bunch of blue state governors. No way this gets through the SCOTUS if it even gets that far, even before Kavanaugh gets confirmed.

The lawsuit basically says that capping the SALT deduction forces the states to adopt different fiscal policies, thereby violating their sovereignty as states. I can see where a progressive liberal federal judge might accept that argument, cuz that's what they do. But then if this is true then how would any federal matching grant be constitutional?

Sounds like political grandstanding to me from a bunch of blue state governors. No way this gets through the SCOTUS if it even gets that far, even before Kavanaugh gets confirmed.
I agree, however what I find up setting is that so many people jumped the gun relative to my analysis so obviously I got something very wrong.

Maybe nobody wants to be the last guy who gets off the Titanic. Maybe some wanted to re-settle elsewhere before the school year started. For some maybe opportunity knocked and they wasted no time dithering around. Or maybe there were other factors that made more of a difference than you thought. Quen sabe?

I thought everyone would wait until after the election to get the hell out of the Blue Wall. I underestimated how easily it is to commute from PA to MD, NJ and NY these three states and CT are suing the federal government to repeal the reduced SALT deduction 4-5 months earlier than I forecast.
Sheesh... for a fuck up of this magnitude you should be sentenced to 5 years of constant aggravation, ridicule and getting in touch with your inner communist classes at Berkley.

"I should do something very extroverted and vengeful to you. Honestly, I'm too tired." -- The Supreme Being, Time Bandits

Forum List

Back