My list of GOP candidates who aren't mortally injured yet

Riddle: What do toilet paper, bubble gum, dog poo, and Joe have in common?

Answer: Once you get them on your shoe, they can be hard to kick off.

see also: Just Because

Duly noted you can't answer.

I know.... you have so much invested in the Robot... and lo and behold, you are on the side of the liberals... .

I'll be back here in next November to say "I TOLD YOU SO" when Obama beats the pants off this joker.

Romney, Cain, Gingrich, Perry in that order. After Florida, if Cain is still in, Romney has trouble. After Florida, if Perry is out, Cain and Romney will have problems with Gingrich.

Romeny has to finish a close second in IA, hammer win in NH, solid third in SC, and a winner in FL. If that, he will take the nomination.

And isn't that a sad commentary, Jake?

Four states are going to decide this thing, and the Weird Mormon Robot doesn't even have to win half of them.

This is the kind of system that produces losers, because no one feels invested in the process. You'll have people out there, in those states with lots of Evangelicals and Hispanics who will be saying, "How the hell did we get stuck with this character?" Not to mention Tea Party and real conservatives.

It's a formula for a third party and an Obama win.

To the contrary, the stupid have already voted for President Obama and the tragically stupid will do so again.

So who specifically, is the GOP about to nominate, that is so much better?

Who the GOP ultimately nominates is not yet a given.

And no matter WHICH GOP contender eventually gets the nod, he or she is already VASTLY superior to the incredibly and dangerously inept incumbent.

Because the policy of "let him die" is so worthy.

Romney- avoiding any serious damage, most likely candidate
Perry- wounded, will have to work much harder to make up lost ground
Cain- hanging around, could still be the last man standing

The rest......really should stop wasting everyones time

Wow.. Ron Paul is polling solid third around the nation, but he's wasting his time right?

As a matter of fact, he is

He won't take a single delegate

To the contrary, the stupid have already voted for President Obama and the tragically stupid will do so again.

And no matter WHICH GOP contender eventually gets the nod, he or she is already VASTLY superior to the incredibly and dangerously inept incumbent.

The majority of the country disagrees with you. According to RCP (IMO the only trustowrthy source) Romney has a chance to beat him. Everyone else is over 5 points behind and Bachmann hands him a landslide (I totally agree with all this).

Romney will be the candidate.

Romney
Cain
Huntsman

On the fence about Gingrich (I thought he was fatally injured but Foxfyre made me look again)

And I'll add Gary Johnson by default because he hasn't gotten enough attention for me to know one way or the other about him.

The only one so far whom I think could lead me to vote for Obama if they won the nomination would be Bachmann.

What's your list?

They all have their screw ups--but let's face it the ONLY candidate that Barry Obama and team would really fear is NEWT GINGRICH.

Wow.. Ron Paul is polling solid third around the nation, but he's wasting his time right?

Yeah he is--his foreign policy--not going after OSB--put the final nail in his campaign.

Obama would tear him to shreds in any debate--and you know it.

Yeah he is--his foreign policy--not going after OSB--put the final nail in his campaign.

Obama would tear him to shreds in any debate--and you know it.

I agree with you on this point completely. Paul would be shredded in a GenElect.

The majority of the country disagrees with you. According to RCP (IMO the only trustowrthy source) Romney has a chance to beat him. Everyone else is over 5 points behind and Bachmann hands him a landslide (I totally agree with all this).

Romney will be the candidate.

Again, these polls just mean that Romney has more name recogniztion than the rest of them. Most people aren't really thinking about this.

Romney would be a disaster for the GOP for the following reasons.

1) 22% of voters will not vote for a Mormon. This number will get worse when the MSM let people know how strange Mormon beliefs actually are.

2) There is a growing perception that the GOP serves the interests of the wealthy before that of working people. Romney plays right into that. He's a guy who made his fortune screwing working folks.

3) Romney's race baiting will play right into Obama's hands. He beat Perry by beating the anti-Immigration drum. (Seriously, not sure who they are going for here, since only about 1% of the electorate lists immigration as the most serious issue right now.) This is going to alienate Hispanics. He'll alienate blacks in the process of beating Cain.

4) His Flip-Flopping will be as disasterous to him as it was to John Kerry. Americans don't like phonies, they don't like politicians who tell them what they want to hear. There is a ton of video out there showing Romney taking both sides of nearly every issue.

5) Enthusiasm - Here's the thing. Cain is a joke. That he is being taken seriously at this point is a very sad commentary on the GOP. But it shows a large chunk of the GOP does not like the establishment annointed candidate. And at the end of the day, if your own party isn't thrilled with your candidate, you lose.

Now, you guys who hate Obama to the point where you will overlook all these problems because you are just so anxious for a winner are missing the point. Hate never won an election.

Hatred of Reagan did not put Mondale anywhere near winning. Hatred of Clinton did not help Bob Dole. Hatred of Bush did not help John Kerry win. Hatred of Obama will not paper over that Mitt Romney is a two-faced corporate bloodsucker with a bizarre religion.

Forum List

Back