My list of GOP candidates who aren't mortally injured yet

[

I don't need to argue.

No, you can't.

We'll see the answer soon enough. Either the nation wants to choose the best person for the job or they are willing to be distracted by inconsequentials. I think that our national situation is serious enough and that Obama's weaknesses are so apparent that this time around people will take their responsibility seriously and pick a person who is qualified to deal with the crisises we face today.

I don't consider it "inconsequential' that he belongs to a dangerous cult that vows to make America a theocracy. I consider that a fairly important issue.

I frankly also don't see what his "qualifications" are. He's lost 75% of the elections he ever ran in, he was an ineffectual governor who stepped down one move before getting voted out. He screwed up as many companies as he made money on.

He's the same as Obama on policies, and he has less experience. He never served in the military. (A big one for me). He has serious ethical issues. More importantly, he's someone who has never gotten dirt under his fingernails in his life, how is he going to connect with Joe Working Guy who is worried about losing his job.

"Hey, I understand how you feel. I downsized LOTS of people!"

We'll soon see whether I'm right or whether you are.

I've been right about every presidential election since 1980. When I'm not thrilled with the guy, he loses. THis will be the first one who is so awful I'll vote third party or maybe Democratic, tho.....

Romney
Cain
Huntsman

On the fence about Gingrich (I thought he was fatally injured but Foxfyre made me look again)

And I'll add Gary Johnson by default because he hasn't gotten enough attention for me to know one way or the other about him.

The only one so far whom I think could lead me to vote for Obama if they won the nomination would be Bachmann.

What's your list?

Huntsman believes in science and evolution. That means he's "out".

And Romney? "AAAANDERSONNNN, RICK WON'T LET ME TALK. WAH!"

And Cain? Did he steal that smile from Wednesday Addams?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZZyUBwymA]Wednesday Addams' creepy smile - YouTube[/ame]

Romney
Cain
Huntsman

On the fence about Gingrich (I thought he was fatally injured but Foxfyre made me look again)

And I'll add Gary Johnson by default because he hasn't gotten enough attention for me to know one way or the other about him.

The only one so far whom I think could lead me to vote for Obama if they won the nomination would be Bachmann.

What's your list?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZZyUBwymA]Wednesday Addams' creepy smile - YouTube[/ame]

After your last pick, who are you to Bitch? Look what you put us through Dip Shit.

Romney
Cain
Huntsman

What's your list?

After your last pick, who are you to Bitch? Look what you put us through Dip Shit.

In by entire life, no president has ever had the opposing party swear their only goal to was destroy his administration EVEN BEFORE WAS SWORN IN.

And look at what he's done when Republicans can't interfere. First off, he took out Bin Laden and most of the al Qaeda leadership when they wouldn't.

Well over a hundred Republican congressmen have taken hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus money for thousands of jobs in their districts they take credit for EVEN WHEN THEY VOTED AGAINST THE STIMULUS. Worse, they also want to take credit for getting Bin Laden.

And when did "health care" for Americans become a bad thing?

I believe that because the Republican Party is 90% white, centered in the deep south and possibly the majority follow "confederate" traditions, they simply can't stand having a black president. That's what they mean when they say, "We want our country back". The question I have is "Back from what? They already gave it away to corporations and billionaires".

Wednesday Addams' creepy smile - YouTube

In by entire life, no president has ever had the opposing party swear their only goal to was destroy his administration EVEN BEFORE WAS SWORN IN.

And that still hasn't happened.

I don't consider it "inconsequential' that he belongs to a dangerous cult that vows to make America a theocracy. I consider that a fairly important issue.

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

And she's back to her inability to answer a point. Well, knew it couldn't last.

Maybe read about how the Mormon church has infiltrated the Boy Scouts of America, or how they influenced the Proposition 8 vote, and tell me that you are really comfortable having one of their zombies in the White House.

Stupid people. Hating Obama so much they'll go along with anything.

Riddle: What do toilet paper, bubble gum, dog poo, and Joe have in common?

Answer: Once you get them on your shoe, they can be hard to kick off.

see also: Just Because

Last edited:

Wednesday Addams' creepy smile - YouTube

And look at what he's done when Republicans can't interfere. First off, he took out Bin Laden and most of the al Qaeda leadership when they wouldn't.

Well over a hundred Republican congressmen have taken hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus money for thousands of jobs in their districts they take credit for EVEN WHEN THEY VOTED AGAINST THE STIMULUS. Worse, they also want to take credit for getting Bin Laden.

I believe that because the Republican Party is 90% white, centered in the deep south and possibly the majority follow "confederate" traditions, they simply can't stand having a black president. That's what they mean when they say, "We want our country back". The question I have is "Back from what? They already gave it away to corporations and billionaires".

So you slept through the Bush Years, huh. ;)

So you slept through the Bush Years, huh. ;)

After 9/11, Bush was the most popular president with the highest ratings in American history. He left office despised and with the lowest ratings in American history.

He and the Republicans did that. Not Democrats.

How you ask?

By lying us into Iraq.

By redistributing the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

By destroying our economy.

Then there was all the small stuff. Like the Justice Department. The drugs for votes bill. The Katrina fiasco. The mishandling of Enron. The no bid contracts and on and on.

What is wrong with these moron Republicans? Voting two disasters into office wasn't enough? Reagan and Bush? (Bush Sr. was a pretty good president. That's probably why Republicans turned on him).

And the lies.

The endless, fucking, dirty lies. That's all they have. All they do well.

By redistributing the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

By destroying our economy.

Dean, I really can't let that slide by. To blame Bush for this, as if the whole problem developed over a mere eight years, is economically ignorant and pure partisan crap.

It was Jimmy Carter who first turned the government from support for back to opposition to organized labor.

It was Ronald Reagan who intensified that, and also rewrote the tax code to remove the progressivity and encourage the accumulation of huge private fortunes.

It was George H.W. Bush who continued Reagan's program with very little tweaking.

It was Bill Clinton who continued the same program and added NAFTA, GATT, and repeal of Glass-Steagal.

It was George W. Bush who fixed none of this and added a further tax cut for the rich.

And it is Barack Obama who has, so far, completely failed to recognize and act on the magnitude of the problem.

As long as we are caught in the two-party illusion, NOTHING is going to change. Blaming Bush for the failed economy may possibly help re-elect Obama, but re-electing Obama is, at best, damage control if that's all we do. In order to actually fix things, we have to face the truth without partisan blinders on.

Romney, Cain, Gingrich, Perry in that order. After Florida, if Cain is still in, Romney has trouble. After Florida, if Perry is out, Cain and Romney will have problems with Gingrich.

Romeny has to finish a close second in IA, hammer win in NH, solid third in SC, and a winner in FL. If that, he will take the nomination.

Romney, Cain, Gingrich, Perry in that order. After Florida, if Cain is still in, Romney has trouble. After Florida, if Perry is out, Cain and Romney will have problems with Gingrich.

Romeny has to finish a close second in IA, hammer win in NH, solid third in SC, and a winner in FL. If that, he will take the nomination.

I'm not sure he can win if he's a close second in IA and a third in SC. Romney wins by winning early, or not at all. Right now he's taking advantage of the fact that Perry, Santorum, Bachmann, Newt, and Cain are all fracturing what resistance there is to him from the Religious Right, Limbaugh Conservatives, and Tea Party. Once you're down to Romney vs. a single candidate, he's in trouble unless he's outright won.

There's a reason Romney didn't win the nomination in 2008. Outside the Rockefeller Republicans, the GOP hates Romney.

Now if it's Romney versus Obama, Obama will lose. Romney will pull the Reagan Democrats back into the fold and grab up enough independents to make up for an apathetic base. Not only that, Romney won't motivate the Partisan Democratic base enough to help Obama. Folks don't seem to realize that among his own base, Obama isn't overly well liked these days.

However, if the GOP screws it up and goes with someone other than Romney, they could be really screwed. Most of the rest of the field will energize Obama's base, alienate the Reagan Democrats, and find themselves fighting for the moderates. Obama's a weak President, but he's a strong campaigner. You don't want to be fighting him in the middle.

Well, this thread suggests Obama won't get the stupid vote. * * * * *

To the contrary, the stupid have already voted for President Obama and the tragically stupid will do so again.

So who specifically, is the GOP about to nominate, that is so much better?

Who the GOP ultimately nominates is not yet a given.

And no matter WHICH GOP contender eventually gets the nod, he or she is already VASTLY superior to the incredibly and dangerously inept incumbent.

Romney- avoiding any serious damage, most likely candidate
Perry- wounded, will have to work much harder to make up lost ground
Cain- hanging around, could still be the last man standing

The rest......really should stop wasting everyones time

Wow.. Ron Paul is polling solid third around the nation, but he's wasting his time right?

I'm not sure he can win if he's a close second in IA and a third in SC. Romney wins by winning early, or not at all. Right now he's taking advantage of the fact that Perry, Santorum, Bachmann, Newt, and Cain are all fracturing what resistance there is to him from the Religious Right, Limbaugh Conservatives, and Tea Party. Once you're down to Romney vs. a single candidate, he's in trouble unless he's outright won.

There's a reason Romney didn't win the nomination in 2008. Outside the Rockefeller Republicans, the GOP hates Romney.

Now if it's Romney versus Obama, Obama will lose. Romney will pull the Reagan Democrats back into the fold and grab up enough independents to make up for an apathetic base. Not only that, Romney won't motivate the Partisan Democratic base enough to help Obama. Folks don't seem to realize that among his own base, Obama isn't overly well liked these days.

However, if the GOP screws it up and goes with someone other than Romney, they could be really screwed. Most of the rest of the field will energize Obama's base, alienate the Reagan Democrats, and find themselves fighting for the moderates. Obama's a weak President, but he's a strong campaigner. You don't want to be fighting him in the middle.

Great observations.

Forum List

Back