My House...

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
1702325748521.png

As a kid I absolutely hated green beans.
We were visiting family who has a cool lake house on Lake Okanogan up in BC.
My Mom insisted I eat the green beans on my plate and I ended up tossing my cookies all over the table.
That was the last time she tried to make me eat stuff I didnt like.
Of course now I love green beans....when they're made with bacon and onions.

Sorry, I can't quite let this post go by without kvetching about kids today.

I know a particular young family who are SO off the rails, doing just about everything wrong a family can do, and they have one eleven-year-old child who simply will not eat this, this, this, this and this. They have resorted to cooking a regular meal for the whole family and then getting takeout for little Mr. Picky Eater.

My mom would have left me sitting at the table until the plate was empty. Period.

Not surprisingly, the same child is giving the old raised eyebrow when his sister gets a spanking, knowing that he only has to mention this to a teacher and the parents are in a whole world of hurt.

He's also the one who has been busted taking things that do not belong to him, and is not welcome in my home.

Criminal record in the making.

I know a particular young family who are SO off the rails, doing just about everything wrong a family can do, and they have one eleven-year-old child who simply will not eat this, this, this, this and this. They have resorted to cooking a regular meal for the whole family and then getting takeout for little Mr. Picky Eater.

My mom would have left me sitting at the table until the plate was empty. Period.

Not surprisingly, the same child is giving the old raised eyebrow when his sister gets a spanking, knowing that he only has to mention this to a teacher and the parents are in a whole world of hurt.

He's also the one who has been busted taking things that do not belong to him, and is not welcome in my home.

I'd look at it like an opportunity to teach the kid how to cook.
And an opportunity to make his own money to buy the foods he likes.
And of course how to clean the kitchen when he's done.

My daughter is cooking 3 separate meals a night. Where did I go wrong.

My daughter is cooking 3 separate meals a night. Where did I go wrong.

Maybe it wasn't you. I think it's more to do with the leftist indoctrination in the schools.

I would never have thought of rebelling against my mother in that way without that indoctrination. I pray that she realizes I did my best and forgives me.

a future democrat inductee .

People cater to their kids' too much when it comes to food.

Personally I think they should let their brats go hungry for a week and then see if they are still fussy eaters.

Forum List

Back