My cynical laught for today goes to........

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
our absentee president.

At a campaign speech in IA Obama said the following:

"It's always easier to be cynical. It's always easier to say nothing can change, especially after we've gone through such a tough time," he said.

"And despite all the changes we've made, despite all the good things we've done, things are still tough. And so, the other side, they are going to try and play on that sense that, well, things aren't perfect, Congress is still arguing, the politics is still polarized. But you're the antidote to that."

First Read - This summer in Congress, electioneering meets lawmaking

Perhaps, Mr President, you aren't [and apparently never have been] aware that it is the President who is expected to lead and guide our Congress, who is expected to participate when troublesome issues can't be resolved, who is expected to guide them thru these issues to reach a COMPROMISE - a word you seem blissfully unaware even exists.

What is it you thought Harry Reid meant when he publicly pleaded for help from you to get a few of these thorny issues resolved? Where were you? And why should he have to go public to get your attention?

There have been far too many incidents like the above where you have been MIA. So you are surprised that Congress is still arguing and that things are still polarized? Actually Congress has stopped arguing because both parties recognized long ago that you are not and never have been a LEADER. Both parties are simply waiting for November.

But we can look back at your "experience" as a community leader for the reasoning behind our current situation. Community leaders do not LEAD. They simply get up on their soapboxes and give great speeches telling like-minded individuals how to accomplish some mutually desired goal. You were apparently successful at that job.

The gaping wound in the above is the one small detail you missed in your wrong-assed assumption that you would make a great president. Congress is not "like-minded." They do not have the same goals. You cannot expect to tell them what you want and then walk away, assuming that somehow this disparate group will be successful. What were you thinking? We know what you were thinking. You've let us know repeatedly, over and over, non-stop. It's not my fault. It's the fault of those evil Publicans. It HAS to be their fault. I can do no wrong.

Sorry, Mr President. You cannot deny your own responsibilty for the situation we find ourselves in. You cannot blame Congress. You cannot blame the Publicans. You cannot blame us.

And you screech about Romney's business experience not being the right experience to be president? Really? Your experience as a community leader is a winner? Really?

"But you're the antidote to that."

Yes, indeed we are. Does that worry you just a tad?

What he meant was, if the whole country was democrat politics wouldn't be polarized. The antidote is voters who only vote democrat.

It is superbly ignorant, but that's our presidebt.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been as absent as he should be........

Questionable executive orders up the wahoo.

Crippling rules and regs spewing forth from our various government agencies.

And how many presidents have had as many prominent constitutional challenges filed as this one has?

What he meant was, if the whole country was democrat politics wouldn't be polarized. The antidote is voters who only vote democrat.

It is superbly ignorant, but that's our presidebt.

Exactally, because if you're a democrat, you no longer have to play by the democrat rules. They make rules for regular people then rich democrats are exempt. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our absentee president.

At a campaign speech in IA Obama said the following:

"It's always easier to be cynical. It's always easier to say nothing can change, especially after we've gone through such a tough time," he said.
For some reason that made me think of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpQej3o9eo"]Spaulding get your foot off the boat! - YouTube[/ame]

I understand why. You're probably not as "mad" as your nick implies.

Or we're both off the deep end............... :)

Threatened????????????????????????????

Ketch up, T. :)

He abandoned them last September. He's been a president in absentia [except for his non-stop campaigning].

Mind numbingly ignorant................

So much so that I suspect even Krauthammer can't properly sort out and diagnose his many mental disorders. But I'm sure waiting for the book to come out :)

Obama has not been a leader since he because president. He has been campaigning for over a year on our tax dollars. Just recently he has used what he has raised. JOB TOUR MY ASS more election tour with our tax dollars..

I need a new supply of pens. Mine ran out of ink trying to write them all down :)

Seriously, this is the first president going back to JFK whose actions actually frightens me.

Forum List

Back