My argument for reparations

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
I strongly believe in reparations.

Every one who is for reparations should voluntarily pay back what they wish, for the sins of the past.

Guilt feelings must be met with piles of voluntary cash.

I'm sure all liberals would open up their wallets and give so generously to their cause.

More money can be raised if people voluntarily open their wallets instead of using other peoples money.

Reparations for all.

Sure, what could go wrong. ;)

somali_wheelbarrow.jpg

That's great as long as we bail out Wall Street and the banks in the same manner.

I am not going to pay for someone else's "sins from the past". That is asinine. It is also contra all jurisprudence. I did not commit a sin. My ancestors committed no sin.

I will go a step further, I don't think human slavery is even a sin. We do not accept it here in western civilization today. But is was accepted here for a long time, as it was around the world, and continues to be accepted today. There is nothing evil or sinful about slavery per se.

OP lacks the moral authority and standing to simply proclaim unilaterally that slavery is a sin deserving of monetary redress. That is borderline insanity.

I am not going to pay for someone else's "sins from the past". That is asinine. It is also contra all jurisprudence. I did not commit a sin. My ancestors committed no sin.

The money isn't there so it's not going to happen. It's all empty political rhetoric.

I will go a step further, I don't think human slavery is even a sin. We do not accept it here in western civilization today. But is was accepted here for a long time, as it was around the world, and continues to be accepted today. There is nothing evil or sinful about slavery per se.

A sin can be a sin even if accepted by society. That doesn't dispute your point, I'm just saying.

OP lacks the moral authority and standing to simply proclaim unilaterally that slavery is a sin deserving of monetary redress. That is borderline insanity.

We paid the Japanese interned during WWII.

The money isn't there so it's not going to happen. It's all empty political rhetoric.

THEN WHY BRING IT UP AT ALL IF NOT TO DIVIDE AND ANTAGONIZE.

A sin can be a sin even if accepted by society. That doesn't dispute your point, I'm just saying.

IT CUTS BOTH WAYS. MY POINT, WHICH YOU MISSED, IS THAT YOUR COMMENTS PRESUPPOSE A MORAL IMPERATIVE.

We paid the Japanese interned during WWII.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT EITHER. BUT AT LEAST THEY WERE GRATEFUL. MOREOVER, SLAVERY VASTLY IMPROVED THE LIVES OF THE SLAVES’ DESCENDANTS, WHICH OFFSETS ANY ALLEGED HARM.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT EITHER. BUT AT LEAST THEY WERE GRATEFUL. MOREOVER, SLAVERY VASTLY IMPROVED THE LIVES OF THE SLAVES’ DESCENDANTS, WHICH OFFSETS ANY ALLEGED HARM.

I started to take you seriously. My mistake.

The Civil War had been over for 95 years when my father came to America from Germany at the age of 19, and over for 40 years when my mother's grandfather came over from Poland, and about 30 years past when her grandmother came over from the UK.

Nobody in my family did diddly SPIT to the oppressed blacks in America, as they were too busy trying scrape by as working class folks in Europe. I feel bad for what happened to the blacks here, but I do not feel guilty even the slightest infinitesimally small bit! I don't owe them for what other people who came here over 200 years ago did to them.

Sin has nothing to do with laws of a society.

I strongly believe in reparations.

Every one who is for reparations should voluntarily pay back what they wish, for the sins of the past.

Guilt feelings must be met with piles of voluntary cash.

I'm sure all liberals would open up their wallets and give so generously to their cause.

More money can be raised if people voluntarily open their wallets instead of using other peoples money.

Reparations for all.

Is this a legit question and statement? Or satire? Because I can't tell.

How about the Negroes paying reparations to all us White people for all the crime that they have committed? Like the looting and destruction they did in their 2020 Insurrection? Or just pay back the welfare they have been given way out of proportion to their demographics?

Is this a legit question and statement? Or satire? Because I can't tell.
well since my thread was rudely moved from CDZ to here...within minutes, like a hungry buzzard, i actually cannot respond

Every F city that blacks move into is DESTROYED within a decade or two.

Chicago, Detroit, STL, CLEV, Philly, ATL, MEM, BALT etc
THESE MF

This is just bullship to keep blacks on the democrat plantation. ain't gone be no reparations..EVAH.

So you would be OK with being a slave ? I could use somebody to clean my house and repair my computers.

How about the Negroes paying reparations to all us White people for all the crime that they have committed? Like the looting and destruction they did in their 2020 Insurrection? Or just pay back the welfare they have been given way out of proportion to their demographics?
And the LO$$ES$$$ from Affirmative Action di$crimination.

Forum List

Back