My 2 year old has a bad case of herpangina

Huh?
Oh miss read that ,I thought he had a case of the terrible 2s
Sounds unpleasant It will pass.

Last edited:
Terrible!

That's a nasty one. I remember my little brother got hand, foot, and mouth when he was 2 and we were in Florida. We had to listen to the poor kid be miserable for the entire drive back.

Plus, until I studied micro, I never realized how how nasty coxsackie is.

Don't worry, xot doesn't have a coxsack.

Yeah, I think the first time I heard about the virus in lecture I wrote "9 inch coxsackie virus" or something like that.

It just lends itself to comedy until you get it and are miserable.

That's a nasty one. I remember my little brother got hand, foot, and mouth when he was 2 and we were in Florida. We had to listen to the poor kid be miserable for the entire drive back.

Yeah, I think the first time I heard about the virus in lecture I wrote "9 inch coxsackie virus" or something like that.

It would be impossible for me to discuss that in a scholarly setting without turning into Beavis.

Terrible!

I was on call over the weekend and a lady called saying that her son had a sore throat and that she had a little one and then developed pustules on her hands. The kid also had them. She said that he was in daycare.

Then yesterday, there was a note at my kid's daycare that said they'd been exposed to coxsackie.

Then my son got a fever.

Then tonight, I had him open up his mouth and I saw it was littered with petechiae. Tomorrow, I bet there will be ulcers.

I told me wife that we need to prescribe the family a gallon of magic mouthwash.

I told me wife that we need to prescribe the family a gallon of magic mouthwash.

I try to tell my wife that I need to prescribe her some magic mouthwash sometimes. She doesn't fall for it.

I think she's starting to think it isn't good for her hair like I told her either...:eusa_shhh:

It would be impossible for me to discuss that in a scholarly setting without turning into Beavis.

Actually, Coxsackie is a town in the Hudson Valley of New York. Apparently, that is where the virus was first discovred.

Actually, Coxsackie is a town in the Hudson Valley of New York. Apparently, that is where the virus was first discovred.

Kinda like Intercourse, Penn., which has (or at least had) a bank chain called "Blue Ball".

Terrible!

I was on call over the weekend and a lady called saying that her son had a sore throat and that she had a little one and then developed pustules on her hands. The kid also had them. She said that he was in daycare.

Then yesterday, there was a note at my kid's daycare that said they'd been exposed to coxsackie.

Then my son got a fever.

Then tonight, I had him open up his mouth and I saw it was littered with petechiae. Tomorrow, I bet there will be ulcers.

Sounds like you found the source. Sounds like the day care needs some reminders about basic hygiene.

I guess "magic mouthwash" is about the best you can do with this bug.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is a somewhat seasonal bug that generally shows up in the summer? Stuff starts to run together since I am studying for boards.

Or Lyme, Connecticut where Lyme Disease was first discovered.

Or Lyme, Connecticut where Lyme Disease was first discovered.

I thought Lyme disease was discovered long before that.

Nevermind....just realized I was thinking of scurvy.

Then my son got a fever.

Sounds like you found the source. Sounds like the day care needs some reminders about basic hygiene.

I guess "magic mouthwash" is about the best you can do with this bug.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is a somewhat seasonal bug that generally shows up in the summer? Stuff starts to run together since I am studying for boards.

No you're good: It shows in summer.

XO should wear a facemask for a week, and wash hands after diaper changes (hoping he does that now)

Forum List

Back