Muslims want Catholic U. Crucifix Free

Everyone is a liar.

Muslims and Christians are so fucking closely related that you'd think they'd come to some fucking mutual understanding.

Take your religious idol off of my money and out of my pledge. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure those things were in existence before you came here.

Before I was born here?

BTW...aren't you an originalist? Why the double standard?

Muslims learn fast don't they. Christians have been doing this for years, and continue to do so. Prayer in public schools is a prime example.

It is not illegal to pray in public school as long as the prayer is not mandated by the state or the school. There are prayers at graduations all the time, but it is the students and not the school that comes up with it. Also, no school that I know of forces any class or individual student to pray.

As a Catholic, I find it highly offensive to say we're similar to muslims.

Everyone is a liar.

Muslims and Christians are so fucking closely related that you'd think they'd come to some fucking mutual understanding.

They do work together.... along with many other faiths. What the Catholic's won't do is pander to every student in their universities. Anyone who chooses (note that word) to attend a Catholic School is informed of the requirements, rules, and standards. It is not for the University to change, but the students are welcome to leave if it does not suit them.

there's already a thread on this subject.

i guess there was actual discussion there, so we needed a new thread, right?

yes maw maw.. hey I just heard on Fox News it's gonna drop into the 30's tonight in New Yawk.. you gonna take the brave protesters some soup?

Muslims learn fast don't they. Christians have been doing this for years, and continue to do so. Prayer in public schools is a prime example.

It is not illegal to pray in public school as long as the prayer is not mandated by the state or the school. There are prayers at graduations all the time, but it is the students and not the school that comes up with it. Also, no school that I know of forces any class or individual student to pray.

exactly. It needs to be explained to the Muslims like it was explained to the Christians. It is not illegal for you to pray at this university, we just aren't going to provide you with time and space of your own to do it.

It is a PRIVATE University. They can do whatever the eff they want. You aren't forced to go there. You CHOSE to go there. If you don't like it, leave genius. Its a CATHOLIC SCHOOL. Knowing this country however the university will have to go against the religion their institution is built on and create a muslim room to please people. Which is a damn shame.

Perhaps if the OP weren’t so comprehensively ignorant and dishonest and filled with hate, he research the issue to realize the complaint has nothing to do with Muslims, it’s a lawsuit filed by one non-Muslim, not at the behest of any Muslim student:

WASHINGTON, D.C., October 27, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A DC-area legal activist has filed a federal human rights complaint against the Catholic University of America (CUA) for acting “probably with malice” against Muslim students for having Catholic imagery in all of its rooms that would hinder Muslim prayer - though the school says it has never heard a complaint from the students themselves.

Non-Muslim activist: crosses at Catholic U. a sign of ‘malice’ towards Muslim students | LifeSiteNews.com

The person filing the suit is some sort of nitwit, take the issue up with him, not Muslims.

a lawyer who's an asshole and a publicity hound?

didn't see that coming....

Everyone is a liar.

Piss off.

A private Catholic institution can do whatever they want with religion - it's the First Amendment of the Constitution.

Go somewhere else.

Everyone is a liar.

Piss off.

A private Catholic institution can do whatever they want with religion - it's the First Amendment of the Constitution.

Go somewhere else.

I love that you are so understanding. If you were not a hypocrite, I might admire you for having such a keen sense of justice.

There is no god. God should not be on my money. And god should not be a word in the pledge of allegience.

Nutters always talk about the constitution. And they always talk about the bible. WHICH ONE TAKES PRECEDENT determines whether or not a nutter is a patriot.

The article doesn't list any actual Muslims who are attached to this lawsuit - just a crazy lawyer who's already sued this university for an equally bullshit reason.

This is a case of a crackpot "activist" lawyer being an asshole, nothing more.

I do love how you guys are working it into the whole "Muslims are trying to take over" meme, though.

Forum List

Back