Muskrat babies

o i was afraid of this.....i hope they improve but its hard to rescue something that small to begin with
I know but have to try when you know they are going to die if you leave them out there with mom gone through the hay mower. I wish the animal rescue had gotten back with me.

have they died?
Yes. I checked on them when I woke up and they was not wiggling around. Not sure if they got to cold in the night or if the formula for the kittens that the vet gave me was not good for them She was not sure what to feed them either other than formula replacement. I think they did better on the mix I made them but who knows. The only thing I've ever taken care of that young beside a pup or kitten was a pigeon my son rescued years ago when they took hundreds of pigeons out of a big building and left had left this baby behind.

Here are the Muskrat babies I got before the baler yesterday....Still no word back from animal rescue. Their eyes are starting to open. Reading up on them I read they can swim at two weeks old.

They are making my cats hungry!
Well the cats can have them now.

o i am sorry.....even with all the right things and right care....its hard to pull small things thru....it was good of you to try so hard

have they died?
Yes. I checked on them when I woke up and they was not wiggling around. Not sure if they got to cold in the night or if the formula for the kittens that the vet gave me was not good for them She was not sure what to feed them either other than formula replacement. I think they did better on the mix I made them but who knows. The only thing I've ever taken care of that young beside a pup or kitten was a pigeon my son rescued years ago when they took hundreds of pigeons out of a big building and left had left this baby behind.

OMG!!!!! Are they really dead? Now I'm going to start crying like a little girl. I have a soft spot for animals of all kinds.

A bird built a nest in one of our carports a couple months ago and had one chick. It fell out of the nest and died. I cried like a baby. Our dogs cornered a racoon a couple weeks ago and killed it. I cried like a baby. See a pattern? Jeez. There goes my day.... :(

Forum List

Back