Murdoch's sock campaign to discredit bloggers

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Daily Kos: Murdoch & Fox News Engaged In Sockpuppet PR Campaign To Counter Bloggers

While this should come as no surprise it is good that this story is getting some media attention and helping focus more attention on the corporate PR/Sockpuppet campaign to discredit liberals or to spread a false reality in the blogosphere as history has shown by groups such as the Chamber of Commerce and Bank of America;"

“I think we need to highlight people like Glenn Greenwald. Glenn was critical in the Amazon to OVH [data center] transition and helped WikiLeaks provide access to information during the transition. It is this level of support we need to attack. These are established professionals that have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause, such is the mentality of most business professionals. Without the support of people like Glenn WikiLeaks would fold.”

In the newest instance by Rupert Murdoch and Fox New's PR campaign, they employed sockpuppet accounts and internet anonymity tools to spread their propaganda on blogs and comment sections, even those with little traffic.

fox-sockpuppet.jpg

Fox News Reportedly Used Fake Commenter Accounts To Rebut Critical Blog Posts | Blog | Media Matters for America

On the blogs, the fight was particularly fierce. Fox PR staffers were expected to counter not just negative and even neutral blog postings but the anti-Fox comments beneath them. One former staffer recalled using twenty different aliases to post pro-Fox rants. Another had one hundred. Several employees had to acquire a cell phone thumb drive to provide a wireless broadband connection that could not be traced back to a Fox News or News Corp account. Another used an AOL dial-up connection, even in the age of widespread broadband access, on the rationale it would be harder to pinpoint its origins. Old laptops were distributed for these cyber operations. Even blogs with minor followings were reviewed to ensure no claim went unchecked. [Murdoch's World, pg. 67]

For once, I'd like to see the rw's have something besides their usual baby name calling and lame ass excuses. Is there even one of you who has the courage to face up to facts?

Or, if you don't believe this is true, I DARE you to have the courage to post proof that its not.

For the adults in the room -

Its not surprising that the same man who had a little kidnapped and murdered girl's cell phone tapped would pull something this low but --

What I think is the most interesting is that Murdoch believed the right could not win this argument without stacking the deck. if he believed he was on the side of the winning team, he would not have hired sneaks and liars.

Daily Kos: Murdoch & Fox News Engaged In Sockpuppet PR Campaign To Counter Bloggers

While this should come as no surprise it is good that this story is getting some media attention and helping focus more attention on the corporate PR/Sockpuppet campaign to discredit liberals or to spread a false reality in the blogosphere as history has shown by groups such as the Chamber of Commerce and Bank of America;"

“I think we need to highlight people like Glenn Greenwald. Glenn was critical in the Amazon to OVH [data center] transition and helped WikiLeaks provide access to information during the transition. It is this level of support we need to attack. These are established professionals that have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause, such is the mentality of most business professionals. Without the support of people like Glenn WikiLeaks would fold.”

In the newest instance by Rupert Murdoch and Fox New's PR campaign, they employed sockpuppet accounts and internet anonymity tools to spread their propaganda on blogs and comment sections, even those with little traffic.
fox-sockpuppet.jpg

Fox News Reportedly Used Fake Commenter Accounts To Rebut Critical Blog Posts | Blog | Media Matters for America

On the blogs, the fight was particularly fierce. Fox PR staffers were expected to counter not just negative and even neutral blog postings but the anti-Fox comments beneath them. One former staffer recalled using twenty different aliases to post pro-Fox rants. Another had one hundred. Several employees had to acquire a cell phone thumb drive to provide a wireless broadband connection that could not be traced back to a Fox News or News Corp account. Another used an AOL dial-up connection, even in the age of widespread broadband access, on the rationale it would be harder to pinpoint its origins. Old laptops were distributed for these cyber operations. Even blogs with minor followings were reviewed to ensure no claim went unchecked. [Murdoch's World, pg. 67]
For once, I'd like to see the rw's have something besides their usual baby name calling and lame ass excuses. Is there even one of you who has the courage to face up to facts?

Or, if you don't believe this is true, I DARE you to have the courage to post proof that its not.

For the adults in the room -

Its not surprising that the same man who had a little kidnapped and murdered girl's cell phone tapped would pull something this low but --

What I think is the most interesting is that Murdoch believed the right could not win this argument without stacking the deck. if he believed he was on the side of the winning team, he would not have hired sneaks and liars.

Are you telling me that Obama is really Rupert Murdoch?

Will they ever quit whining about Fox? The left has a gigantic conglomeration of politically active propaganda sources like Media Matters and Newshounds that are amazingly tax exempt. The propaganda sources make Murdoch's efforts look like amateur day. MM and it's affiliates spin cherry pick speech from (only) republicans and conservatives and feed it to accomplices like Huffington and Koos who in turn feed the radical left base with a daily dose of talking points and hate speech. It's not hard to understand and yet the fools on the left continue to whine about Fox.

Liberals, (Who post that they used to be Republicans) are complaining about socks?

Talk to Zona about that

Forum List

Back