Murder/suicide in FL

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I hope it was worth it. What a prick.

Florida mom kills her two teens, self in murder-suicide month after divorce: cops* - NY Daily News

Richard Berman originally filed for divorce in 2008 - 16 years after they first married, the Palm Beach Post reported. The family was living lush for years, but by early last year, Jennifer Berman was struggling to get by without her ex-husband any longer in her life. The mom-of-two could no longer pay her divorce attorney in April and was in such financial straits, she was forced to sell her late father's watch, the Palm Beach Post reported.

The family home had actually once belonged to Jennifer Berman's mother and had been in foreclosure since 2010.

"The husband has not paid the mortgage on the former marital home during the entire time of the dissolution of marriage proceeding," read documents filed in court in May by Jennifer Berman. "He has not contributed to the support of the wife or of the minor children. In fact, he has refused to pay for toilet paper, buys food and supplies for himself and keeps them where the wife and children cannot access them.”

Once a realtor, Jennifer Berman was forced to work 12-hour overnight shifts as a nurse to make any income to support her children.

Richard Berman is a successful realtor who sells multi-million dollar homes in South Florida

Florida mom kills her two teens, self in murder-suicide month after divorce: cops* - NY Daily News

Richard Berman originally filed for divorce in 2008 - 16 years after they first married, the Palm Beach Post reported. The family was living lush for years, but by early last year, Jennifer Berman was struggling to get by without her ex-husband any longer in her life. The mom-of-two could no longer pay her divorce attorney in April and was in such financial straits, she was forced to sell her late father's watch, the Palm Beach Post reported.

The family home had actually once belonged to Jennifer Berman's mother and had been in foreclosure since 2010.

"The husband has not paid the mortgage on the former marital home during the entire time of the dissolution of marriage proceeding," read documents filed in court in May by Jennifer Berman. "He has not contributed to the support of the wife or of the minor children. In fact, he has refused to pay for toilet paper, buys food and supplies for himself and keeps them where the wife and children cannot access them.”

Once a realtor, Jennifer Berman was forced to work 12-hour overnight shifts as a nurse to make any income to support her children.

Richard Berman is a successful realtor who sells multi-million dollar homes in South Florida

We have very limited information. No matter how broke she was, no matter what a shit her husband was, no matter any of that, you don't killl your kids. Lots of women forge on without the support of the father. They don't kill their children. I think the mother is the villian here because she murdered her kids. Though he is awful, no question, it could very well be they each behaved as badly as the other during this divorce and the marriage. I would say, instead of showing courage and fortitude, this woman killed her children to get back at her husband.

Sure blame the man and not the insane acts of the woman.

Typical libturd!

Usually family annihilators are male, I'm not sure I have ever read about one that is female.

On a sadder note, the animosity created by pettiness when it comes to divorce can only lead to tragedy. Usually not as horrific as this, but still bad.

Florida churns them out by the dozen. Last week a 71 year-old retired police captain blew away a guy and wounded his wife for texting in a movie theatre. He claims he feared for his life because the guy threw a box of popcorn at him. Apparently in Florida skittles and popcorn are now deadly weapons.

Florida churns them out by the dozen. Last week a 71 year-old retired police captain blew away a guy and wounded his wife for texting in a movie theatre. He claims he feared for his life because the guy threw a box of popcorn at him. Apparently in Florida skittles and popcorn are now deadly weapons.

We aren't all be blessed with the ability to read minds so as to know another persons true intentions when threatened.

Oh God.. how horrible.. She must have had other options.

We have very limited information. No matter how broke she was, no matter what a shit her husband was, no matter any of that, you don't killl your kids. Lots of women forge on without the support of the father. They don't kill their children. I think the mother is the villian here because she murdered her kids. Though he is awful, no question, it could very well be they each behaved as badly as the other during this divorce and the marriage. I would say, instead of showing courage and fortitude, this woman killed her children to get back at her husband.

Florida has a lot of people who retire there and a lot of jobs are in the service industry so while you can get work, it isn't always a lot of money for some people to survive on. The income is lower and maybe prices are lower because retired people aren't spending their money like a 20 or 30 something.

Florida has a lot of people who retire there and a lot of jobs are in the service industry so while you can get work, it isn't always a lot of money for some people to survive on. The income is lower and maybe prices are lower because retired people aren't spending their money like a 20 or 30 something.

Somehow, I doubt the woman was a nurse. A woman can support her family on nurse pay. She may have just been a tech. But we really don't know the whole story. People who do stuff like this usually have some underlying psychotic illness.

Most of Florida is a real **** hole unless you have lots of money.. I have NEVER seen such ugly, vicious behavior as among seniors as in Florida.

The fact that this "Realtor" stiffed his ex-wife and children does not surprise me.

Even so, you don't kill your kids. Put them in foster care until you can take care of them if you need to. I can see absolutely no excuse at all for this woman to be pitied. SHE KILLED HER CHILDREN! She is a monster.

Somehow, I doubt the woman was a nurse. A woman can support her family on nurse pay. She may have just been a tech. But we really don't know the whole story. People who do stuff like this usually have some underlying psychotic illness.

exactly. this is such a load of lies one can't imagine.

obviously she counted on her husband's money and when it did not come true in a REVENGE murdered the children. Just to make the husband feel miserable.

what a sick prick. she might have been mentally ill also.

I hope it was worth it. What a bitch. <(in reference to the murderer)

If she couldn't take it, why didn't she just kill her evil self...bitch

I hope it was worth it. What a bitch. <(in reference to the murderer)

If she couldn't take it, why didn't she just kill her evil self...bitch

Because that would not deprive the ex of his children.

There is more to the story, but I doubt we will ever know what it is.

exactly. this is such a load of lies one can't imagine.

obviously she counted on her husband's money and when it did not come true in a REVENGE murdered the children. Just to make the husband feel miserable.

what a sick prick. she might have been mentally ill also.

Andrea Yates had the look of a sick person. This woman did not. She was likely in a state of psychotic depression.

There is a book by Patrick McGrath called Asylum. It really captures the old state hospital culture and it is also a very good story of psychotic depression and love obsession. It's a good read.

Usually family annihilators are male, I'm not sure I have ever read about one that is female.

On a sadder note, the animosity created by pettiness when it comes to divorce can only lead to tragedy. Usually not as horrific as this, but still bad.

We've had a few....Susan Smith who drowned her children and tried to blame it on blacks.

A woman here who killed her four sons because her current boyfriend didn't want to be with someone with kids. She's on death row now.

We've had a few....Susan Smith who drowned her children and tried to blame it on blacks.

A woman here who killed her four sons because her current boyfriend didn't want to be with someone with kids. She's on death row now.

Notice the key thing about those two women is they survived the incidents. Family annihilators want to kill themselves, but also don't think thier children/spouses can survive without them, so they take them out with themselves.

Independent of the end result, I stand by my "what a prick, and I hope it was worth it." You don't shove mentally ill people off the ledge. Asshole.

"In fact, he has refused to pay for toilet paper, buys food and supplies for himself and keeps them where the wife and children cannot access them.&#8221;

Forum List

Back