Murder rates falling in U.S...600 million guns, 17.25 million people carrying them for self defense

Again...for the anti gun extremists on U.S.messageboard....

600 million guns in private hands in the U.S.

Over 17.25 million Americans carry guns for self defense.

Once final numbers are calculated by the FBI next year, the overall crime rate across the country is likely to have fallen to the lowest level since 1990, the Brennan Center estimated.

Then why do we have the 'highest murder rate in 47 years'?
Lol
Not in rural America, Progressive controlled urban America is where all the violent crime is... so shut the fuck up

Laughing....I'm not quoting me. I'm quoting Donald Trump.

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years."
Donald Trump on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 in a meeting with sheriffs in the White House

Donald Trump wrong that murder rate is highest in 47 years

Are you telling me that Donald was just making shit up again?
Progressive controlled urban America is where most all violent behavior happens in this country by repeat offenders. Because this country has no criminal control

So you agree with Trump that murder rates are at a 47 year high?
In urban areas where they have untold numbers of frivolous gun control laws which increase violent crime

What does this show....that law abiding people, who own and also may carry guns for self defense, do not increase the murder rate.......the exact opposite result that anti gunners claim would happen if more people own and carry guns...

Major US cities see crime, murder rates drop in 2018

Murder and crime rates in the nation’s largest cities, including some riven by gang violence, extended their decades-long decline in 2018.

A new report from the Brennan Center for Justice shows the murder rate fell by almost 6 percent between 2017 and 2018 in the 30 largest U.S. cities.

Violent crime overall dropped by about 2.7 percent in cities where data was available, while the overall crime rate declined 1.8 percent.

“This is a trend starting in the early ‘90s, where crime has been plummeting,” said Inimai Chettiar, director of the Brennan Center’s Justice Program. “We are at all-time lows for crime. We’re not in the middle of a crime wave.”
Is 600m even worth sharing? Is that a valid point at all when most of that is owned by a few percent of obsessed gun owners? Its propaganda. Stop misleading people.

That is a lie. Gun owners are no longer reporting to surveys about gun ownership....considering left wing news organizations started posting their names and addresses after Sandy Hook....

Correct. After the recent gun laws that have passed in some states, a person would be an idiot to admit to owning a gun.

Mark

Lol
Not in rural America, Progressive controlled urban America is where all the violent crime is... so shut the fuck up

Donald Trump on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 in a meeting with sheriffs in the White House

Progressive controlled urban America is where most all violent behavior happens in this country by repeat offenders. Because this country has no criminal control

In urban areas where they have untold numbers of frivolous gun control laws which increase violent crime

Can you show us the evidence of that?

Because violent crime statistics are way, way down from the early 90s. And that's with very strict gun control laws in the cities.

In fact, the rates of violence in cities like Chicago went UP when gun control laws were overturned. In 2010, when gun control legislation was still in effect, there were 437 murders.

In 2016, AFTER gun control legislation had been overturned, it had soured to 769.

If gun control legislation was the cause of violence, why did the violence skyrocket AFTER the repeal of gun control legislation?

Last edited:
Again...for the anti gun extremists on U.S.messageboard....

600 million guns in private hands in the U.S.

Over 17.25 million Americans carry guns for self defense.

Once final numbers are calculated by the FBI next year, the overall crime rate across the country is likely to have fallen to the lowest level since 1990, the Brennan Center estimated.

Where do you see that?

Lol

Because violent crime statistics are way, way down from the early 90s. And that's with very strict gun control laws in the cities.

In fact, the rates of violence in cities like Chicago went UP when gun control laws were overturned. In 2010, when gun control legislation was still in effect, there were 437 murders.

In 2016, AFTER gun control legislation had been overturned, it had soured to 769.

If gun control legislation was the cause of violence, why did the violence skyrocket AFTER the repeal of gun control legislation?
There is no Significance gun violence in rural America, where the guns laws are lax most of the firearms are...

Lol

No.......crime is way down as more, a lot more, Americans not only own guns, but carry them for self defense....and as research, recent research, shows, concealed carry of guns does not increase the crime rate.......

Chicago has been under democrat control since 1931.....the problem in Chicago is that the democrats spent money on everything but police manpower.....they are down 2,000 police officers due to not hiring more, and sick leave and vacation. They also cut the number of detectives from 1,200 to just over 700......also, democrat judges in the city are releasing violent gun offenders on bail, and giving them light prison sentences after they are convicted...less than 3 years for felony possession of illegal guns..

That is why we have a gun murder problem here in Chicago....we have a criminal control problem....not a law abiding gun owner problem.

There is no Significance gun violence in rural America, where the guns laws are lax most of the firearms are...

Says who? Again, you're making these sweeping statements backed by nothing.

And of course, your foundational premise.....that gun control legislation CAUSES high gun violence rates is contradicted by the evidence. With gun violence rates sky rocketing after gun control legislation was overturned, from 473 in Chicago in 2010 with gun control laws, to 769 in 2016 without gun control laws

Lol

You are wrong....you don't understand the issue with democrat cities and their problem with letting violent criminals out of jail......

As to gun ownership and crime......you are also wrong...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Still near 30,000 gun deaths in the US. The tragedy continues.

Most of them are suicides and most of the rest are in crime ridden ghettos among a minority demographics that don't adhere to gun control laws.

Lol

Law abiding people, who carry guns for self defense, do not increase the gun crime or the gun murder rate....actual research...

The study...
https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32074-X/abstract

Results

During the study period, all states moved to adopt some form of concealed-carry legislation, with a trend toward less restrictive legislation. After adjusting for state and year, there was no significant association between shifts from restrictive to nonrestrictive carry legislation on violent crime and public health indicators. Adjusting further for poverty and unemployment did not significantly influence the results.

Conclusions
This study demonstrated no statistically significant association between the liberalization of state level firearm carry legislation over the last 30 years and the rates of homicides or other violent crime. Policy efforts aimed at injury prevention and the reduction of firearm-related violence should likely investigate other targets for potential intervention.

Landmark Study Finds Concealed Carry Does NOT Increase Violent Crime - The Truth About Guns

On October 22, Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) presented new concealed carry-related research to the Congress of the American College of Surgeons. The key takeaway from this research is that relaxing concealed carry laws has no effect on violent crime rates.

This paper, which was well received and is now available online (paywalled),is an important step toward clarifying contradictory findings in the existing research literature. Past research focused largely on concealed carriers as a group or on the number of concealed carry licenses among the population. However, increased interest in concealed carry is very possibly a response to rising crime rates, not a cause. For this reason, this DGRO-affiliated study measured the effects (or lack thereof) of legislation only, not the number of permits issued or the number of gun owners in the population.

Using data from a 30-year period (1986-2015), during which many U.S. states changed their concealed carry policies in favor of greater leniency, the researchers designed a Carry Restriction Scale that incorporated “no carry,” “may issue,” “shall issue,” and “unrestricted carry.” This allowed the leniency of concealed carry legislation to be meaningfully understood as a variable in their statistical analysis. Then, for good measure, they created a second, binary variable that also measured restrictiveness of concealed carry laws.

For each state and year during that 30-year period, the researchers amassed data on 14 different variables, including the Carry Restriction Scale variable. Among those, they included not only data on various violent crimes (rape, aggravated assault, homicide, etc.) but also data on unemployment and poverty rates, which are known to influence crime. Thanks to this dynamic approach, they were able to actually isolate the variable they were interested in.

Finally, applying a regression analysis that involved over 21,420 discrete data points and two different measures of concealed carry leniency, the researchers confidently confirmed their hypothesis: There is no association between state-level concealed carry laws and the rate of ANY violent crime.

And of course, your foundational premise.....that gun control legislation CAUSES high gun violence rates is contradicted by the evidence. With gun violence rates sky rocketing after gun control legislation was overturned, from 473 in Chicago in 2010 with gun control laws, to 769 in 2016 without gun control laws

You are, again, wrong...on all points.....you cite Chicago, I have provided the reasons that Chicago has a crime problem....democrat party control of the government since 1931......judges and prosecutors who let violent gun offenders out on bail, and give them light prison sentences even for repeat gun felonies.....and understaffing of police and police detectives.......it also doesn't help that the gangs run many of the ward democrat politicians....

So you can see again that law abiding gun owners are not the problem...

The study...
https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32074-X/abstract

Results

During the study period, all states moved to adopt some form of concealed-carry legislation, with a trend toward less restrictive legislation. After adjusting for state and year, there was no significant association between shifts from restrictive to nonrestrictive carry legislation on violent crime and public health indicators. Adjusting further for poverty and unemployment did not significantly influence the results.

Conclusions
This study demonstrated no statistically significant association between the liberalization of state level firearm carry legislation over the last 30 years and the rates of homicides or other violent crime. Policy efforts aimed at injury prevention and the reduction of firearm-related violence should likely investigate other targets for potential intervention.

Landmark Study Finds Concealed Carry Does NOT Increase Violent Crime - The Truth About Guns

On October 22, Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) presented new concealed carry-related research to the Congress of the American College of Surgeons. The key takeaway from this research is that relaxing concealed carry laws has no effect on violent crime rates.

This paper, which was well received and is now available online (paywalled),is an important step toward clarifying contradictory findings in the existing research literature. Past research focused largely on concealed carriers as a group or on the number of concealed carry licenses among the population. However, increased interest in concealed carry is very possibly a response to rising crime rates, not a cause. For this reason, this DGRO-affiliated study measured the effects (or lack thereof) of legislation only, not the number of permits issued or the number of gun owners in the population.

Using data from a 30-year period (1986-2015), during which many U.S. states changed their concealed carry policies in favor of greater leniency, the researchers designed a Carry Restriction Scale that incorporated “no carry,” “may issue,” “shall issue,” and “unrestricted carry.” This allowed the leniency of concealed carry legislation to be meaningfully understood as a variable in their statistical analysis. Then, for good measure, they created a second, binary variable that also measured restrictiveness of concealed carry laws.

For each state and year during that 30-year period, the researchers amassed data on 14 different variables, including the Carry Restriction Scale variable. Among those, they included not only data on various violent crimes (rape, aggravated assault, homicide, etc.) but also data on unemployment and poverty rates, which are known to influence crime. Thanks to this dynamic approach, they were able to actually isolate the variable they were interested in.

Finally, applying a regression analysis that involved over 21,420 discrete data points and two different measures of concealed carry leniency, the researchers confidently confirmed their hypothesis: There is no association between state-level concealed carry laws and the rate of ANY violent crime.

Still near 30,000 gun deaths in the US. The tragedy continues.

The actual truth about gun deaths....

Most are suicides........22,938 in 2016

11,004 of the deaths were from gun murder in 2016, but of those, 70-80% of the victims were criminals engaged in crime......in Chicago the number is over 90%....leaving about 1,200 innocent victims of gun murder...but of those, many are the friends and family of criminals, and were caught in the crossfire of actual criminals...and the number is less in 2017....10,982

Gun accidental death in 2016....495, car accidental death... 38,748

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

gun suicide....22,938

Unintentional gun accidental death..

accidental car deaths.....38,748

Gum murder...

Then.....number of times Americans use guns for self defense, according to the Centers for Disease control...

1.1 million

Crime rate as more Americans own and carry guns..

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Lol

You mean like Baltimore...where they have 600,000 people and more gun murders than New York, with 8 million people...with the same exact, extreme gun control laws?

Murder rates have been falling globally since the early nineties because looney Americans are armed to the teeth? Whatever you say kid.

Murder rates have been falling globally since the early nineties because looney Americans are armed to the teeth? Whatever you say kid.

Nope....and you continue to willfully miss the point....

Law abiding people who own and carry guns do not increase the gun crime rate, the gun murder rate and the violent crime rate...so everything you believe about gun ownership is wrong. Britain banned guns....gun crime goes up. Americans own guns and more Americans carry them, the gun crime rate goes down....

Please, engage brain before posting.....

There is no significant gun violence in rural America, Nations least restrictive gun laws are in rural America, By far the most firearms reside in rural America.
Gun control has never been about firearms it’s all about control

Forum List

Back