Murder rates falling in U.S...600 million guns, 17.25 million people carrying them for self defense

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
What does this show....that law abiding people, who own and also may carry guns for self defense, do not increase the murder rate.......the exact opposite result that anti gunners claim would happen if more people own and carry guns...

Major US cities see crime, murder rates drop in 2018

Murder and crime rates in the nation’s largest cities, including some riven by gang violence, extended their decades-long decline in 2018.

A new report from the Brennan Center for Justice shows the murder rate fell by almost 6 percent between 2017 and 2018 in the 30 largest U.S. cities.

Violent crime overall dropped by about 2.7 percent in cities where data was available, while the overall crime rate declined 1.8 percent.

“This is a trend starting in the early ‘90s, where crime has been plummeting,” said Inimai Chettiar, director of the Brennan Center’s Justice Program. “We are at all-time lows for crime. We’re not in the middle of a crime wave.”

Again...for the anti gun extremists on U.S.messageboard....

600 million guns in private hands in the U.S.

Over 17.25 million Americans carry guns for self defense.

Once final numbers are calculated by the FBI next year, the overall crime rate across the country is likely to have fallen to the lowest level since 1990, the Brennan Center estimated.

Gun control laws in major cities are WORKING!

Once final numbers are calculated by the FBI next year, the overall crime rate across the country is likely to have fallen to the lowest level since 1990, the Brennan Center estimated.

600 million guns in the hands of 17.25 million gun owners

That is 35 guns per gun owner....no wonder I feel so safe

Gun control laws in major cities are WORKING!

And Britain shows us you are wrong in your analysis....an island.....with extreme gun control....

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

And as I keep pointing out to the anti gunners here.....

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.

What does this show....that law abiding people, who own and also may carry guns for self defense, do not increase the murder rate.......the exact opposite result that anti gunners claim would happen if more people own and carry guns...

Murder and crime rates in the nation’s largest cities, including some riven by gang violence, extended their decades-long decline in 2018.

A new report from the Brennan Center for Justice shows the murder rate fell by almost 6 percent between 2017 and 2018 in the 30 largest U.S. cities.

Violent crime overall dropped by about 2.7 percent in cities where data was available, while the overall crime rate declined 1.8 percent.

“This is a trend starting in the early ‘90s, where crime has been plummeting,” said Inimai Chettiar, director of the Brennan Center’s Justice Program. “We are at all-time lows for crime. We’re not in the middle of a crime wave.”
Is 600m even worth sharing? Is that a valid point at all when most of that is owned by a few percent of obsessed gun owners? Its propaganda. Stop misleading people.

Is 600m even worth sharing? Is that a valid point at all when most of that is owned by a few percent of obsessed gun owners? Its propaganda. Stop misleading people.

That is a lie. Gun owners are no longer reporting to surveys about gun ownership....considering left wing news organizations started posting their names and addresses after Sandy Hook....

Minorities and women are the biggest growth areas for gun ownership...two groups that have had the lowest rates of ownership in the past.

Then why do we have the 'highest murder rate in 47 years'?

Lol
Legal Firearm ownership has nothing to do with violent crime in this country so shut the fuck up

Lol
Not in rural America, Progressive controlled urban America is where all the violent crime is... so shut the fuck up

Lol
Not in rural America, Progressive controlled urban America is where all the violent crime is... so shut the fuck up

Laughing....I'm not quoting me. I'm quoting Donald Trump.

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years."
Donald Trump on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 in a meeting with sheriffs in the White House

Donald Trump wrong that murder rate is highest in 47 years

Are you telling me that Donald was just making shit up again?

Lol

Donald Trump on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 in a meeting with sheriffs in the White House

Crickets

Lol

Crickets

See post 16. But this thread isn't about Trump. Stay on topic. It's about gun violence going down yet gun ownership going up.

Lol

Progressive controlled urban America is where most all violent behavior happens in this country by repeat offenders. Because this country has no criminal control

Lol

Progressive controlled urban America is where most all violent behavior happens in this country by repeat offenders. Because this country has no criminal control

So you agree with Trump that murder rates are at a 47 year high?

Forum List

Back