Mummified Remains Found in Hoarder's Home

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Creepy :eek:

Mummified Remains Found in Dead Hoarder's Home May Be Missing Mother

ST. LOUIS – Police were trying Tuesday to determine if mummified remains found in the home of a known hoarder in St. Louis, Mo., are those of the homeowner's mother who has not been seen in almost 20 years.

Gladys Bergmeier, 75, was known to be a pack rat whose house was filled with newspapers, plastic bags and trash. She died on Feb. 7.

This week, when relatives were cleaning out her home, family members found the mummified remains of an elderly woman, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Mummified Remains Found in Dead Hoarder's Home May Be Missing Mother - FoxNews.com

Local news is saying she may have died in 2003, because they found an orange juice bottle with that expiration date in the shower curtain she was wrapped in. But they're not sure, because she was covered in other materials, and the bottle may have been pushed in by the weight.

It's really a sad story. The woman and her mother were both reclusive. The neighbors asked about the mother, and the daughter gave them evasive answers. Local ghouls are claiming the daughter hid the corpse to keep collecting SS benefits, even though it's being reported that there was never any claim for them.

• Banned
Local news is saying she may have died in 2003, because they found an orange juice bottle with that expiration date in the shower curtain she was wrapped in. But they're not sure, because she was covered in other materials, and the bottle may have been pushed in by the weight.

It's really a sad story. The woman and her mother were both reclusive. The neighbors asked about the mother, and the daughter gave them evasive answers. Local ghouls are claiming the daughter hid the corpse to keep collecting SS benefits, even though it's being reported that there was never any claim for them.

That was my first thought as well....she wanted to keep cashing the SS checks. Strange how when neighbors would ask about the mother,get evasive answers that they thought odd...that they then didn't at least call someone to check up on her. :confused:

:eek:

Dr. Julie Pike, a psychologist at Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center in Durham, N.C., estimates there are about 2 million people in the U.S. who have a hoarding problem.

My son and I have watched the show "Hoarders" together and it pleases me when he says .... "Mom, I'm glad we're not hoarders." Uhm .... me too.

I once saved a person like this. One of the hardest things to do I ever took on. One big challenge was, doing it without the press getting wind of it, and getting cooperation from local authorities without them charging her with various crimes related to animal cruelty. She had 50+ live cats, 20+ dead ones in various stages of decomposition, along with all the trash, and collected items over 20+ years.

Most horrible thing I ever had to deal with. The suffering of the animals broke my heart daily while I was fixing this. I still have one of the cats myself, though.

Forum List

Back