MT judge rules against gay couples seeking rights

Absolutely. The federal government has been trampling all over them lately

Yeah, that damn federal government. We all thought when they got done in Selma, Alabama in the 1960's, that would be the end of it, but it looks like they're starting up again.

When are those bastards going to leave us states alone so we can practice as much institutionalized bigotry as we want?

Most blacks hate it when people try to align their heroic civil rights struggle with the gay perverts agenda. :doubt:

I'm white and I hate it: What did people with Negroid features ever do to be deserved to be compared with Queers?

Blacks aren't behavorial deviants, they are simply carrying more melatonin.

The gay couples weren't asking for the right in the lawsuit to marry, which the Montana Constitutional defines as between a man and a woman. Rather they wanted to be able to make burial, health care and other decisions, while enjoying such benefits as jointly filing taxes.

Trying to push the "gay agenda" on god fearing Montanans

Mean spirited bastards.
Right. The judge should have just made up law right on the spot.
Because the Bible says so.
Who cares about the US Constitution?
Gay rights are in the Constitution? :confused:

Where in the Constitution does it distinguish between gay and straight?
Where is there any mention of marriage or a definition of it under equal protection of the law?
The US Constitution is a document founded on the rights of the people and tells the government WHAT IT CAN NOT DO.

Yes, Like make make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. but that never stopped them.

or

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Where does it differentiate against automatic weapons vs single fire or 20 round mags vs 10?

Well it looks like gays are your 20 round mags. Face it, the Constitution has been bastardized to suit the needs of any court who has had a personal agenda.

I just read the case and these are the facts:
The State of Montana grants same sex couples the exact same benefits as straight couples in all government jobs.
The Montana Supreme Court, where this case is now headed on appeal, ruled that the state university system's past policy of barring any benefits to same sex couples that straight couples get violated the equal protection of the Montana Constitution.
The judge in his ruling noted sympathy for the same sex couples but noted that the Constitutional Marriage Provision barred a ruling in their favor.
Bottom line and my take is the separation of powers does not allow the judge to make any other ruling.
"This court finds plaintiffs proposals, although appealing, to be unprecendented and uncharted in Montana law".
A conservative Judge in favor of the plaintiffs but going by the law as it should be done.

The State of Montana grants same sex couples the exact same benefits as straight couples in all government jobs.
The Montana Supreme Court, where this case is now headed on appeal, ruled that the state university system's past policy of barring any benefits to same sex couples that straight couples get violated the equal protection of the Montana Constitution.
The judge in his ruling noted sympathy for the same sex couples but noted that the Constitutional Marriage Provision barred a ruling in their favor.
Bottom line and my take is the separation of powers does not allow the judge to make any other ruling.
"This court finds plaintiffs proposals, although appealing, to be unprecendented and uncharted in Montana law".
A conservative Judge in favor of the plaintiffs but going by the law as it should be done.
you have way too much time on your hands

Unlike you I take the time to research and know the facts.
You put mouth in motion before brain in gear.
Most reactionists do.

Unlike you I take the time to research and know the facts.
You put mouth in motion before brain in gear.
Most reactionists do.

You on the other hand, study, research, decipher, analyze and then still get it wrong.

Where is there any mention of marriage or a definition of it under equal protection of the law?

Here:

"When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice."

“ These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life. Beliefs about these matters could not define the attributes of personhood were they formed under compulsion of the State.” Ibid.

Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.

Lawrence v Texas, 2003

The US Constitution is a document founded on the rights of the people and tells the government WHAT IT CAN NOT DO.

Correct, in this case telling the government – including state governments – it can’t discriminate against same-sex couples simply because they are homosexual, as prohibited by the Court in Lawrence.

If we allow majority rule we end up with mob rule.
We are not a democracy, we are a nation of laws as a republic.

Correct again. And the majority of the citizen of Montana do not have the authority to violate the civil rights of same sex couples – the rule of law protects all Americans from the tyranny of the majority.

Here:

"When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice."

“ These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life. Beliefs about these matters could not define the attributes of personhood were they formed under compulsion of the State.” Ibid.

Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.

Lawrence v Texas, 2003

Correct, in this case telling the government – including state governments – it can’t discriminate against same-sex couples simply because they are homosexual, as prohibited by the Court in Lawrence.

If we allow majority rule we end up with mob rule.
We are not a democracy, we are a nation of laws as a republic.

Correct again. And the majority of the citizen of Montana do not have the authority to violate the civil rights of same sex couples – the rule of law protects all Americans from the tyranny of the majority.

Absolutely NO ONE, gay or straight, has a constitutional right to a state sanctioned marriage. NO ONE.

Now that we understand that basic fact we realize that the government can set standards by which they define marriage.

All I know is that I'm sure glad I wasn't born gay like the poor bastards that have to live with being gay every day of their lives. I have it easy since I have no clue what it is like to be gay. I'm sure glad God made me a heterosexual and not a homosexual like some of those poor bastards.

Mob rule??

Where in the U.S. is this happening???

In most courtrooms. Judges know if they don't get "tough on crime," the voters are going to get tough on THEM, and their opportunistic asses could well be on the street come the next judicial election cycle. So they pander to the mob mentality.

Yeah, that damn federal government. We all thought when they got done in Selma, Alabama in the 1960's, that would be the end of it, but it looks like they're starting up again.

When are those bastards going to leave us states alone so we can practice as much institutionalized bigotry as we want?

Most blacks hate it when people try to align their heroic civil rights struggle with the gay perverts agenda. :doubt:

I'm white and I hate it: What did people with Negroid features ever do to be deserved to be compared with Queers?

Nothing bigoted here . . .

(Apologies if I missed a sarcasm smiley somewhere in this post. But I sure don't think I saw one.)

Nothing bigoted here . . .

(Apologies if I missed a sarcasm smiley somewhere in this post. But I sure don't think I saw one.)

Please stop calling those who believe homosexuality is a choice bigots. A bigot is someone who hates someone else for who they are. Not all people who believe homosexuality is a choice hate those who choose it.

Forum List

Back