MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command

Last night's address wasn't aimed at political junkies and political junkie pundits.

Obviously not. He's already had everything thrown at him already by the rabid right. Yesterday, on the Senate floor, McConnell began wagging his finger before he even knew what the speech would say that Obama shouldn't think he can get away with sticking any comment in the speech about an energy bill. I can't wait for the day when Obama gives a flying finger to those used car salesmen like McConnell and Boehner who set in motion all the political talking points in order to rev up a sadly uninformed base.

Why does Obama turn everything into a chance to promote a political agenda. A lot of people rightly criticize Bush for his politics, but he did not stand on the rubble of the Twin Towers and call for passing the Patriot Act. He did not stump the nation and hold town halls to gather support for the invasion if Iraq.

The Patriot Act was moved through Congress in less than 6 weeks following the attacks, precisely because it allowed the president and his cabinet newly enacted power that cut through normal bureaucratic bullshit, such as Obama and his have had to try to cut through regarding the oil spill. Without the Patriot Act, there would have been months of haggling over who had authority to do what with regard to the invasion of Afghanistan, new surveillance laws, etc. No president can just abandon previously enacted laws separating powers, cancel or fast-track licensing or existing appropriated federal funding, nor step all over protocol, without running into bureaucratic opposition.

So,

Obama says last night in his address that he's going to get BP to put up the money, less than 24 hours later,

they're putting up the money.

Wow

Obama gets credit for getting BP to do what it said it was going to do from day 1, pay any claims that are legitimate. except that, now, they don't have to worry about the claims, because they are going through an independent arbiter, and they will be tied up for years.

Great job Obama.

NOW what are you talking about? An escrow account no way, no how is money set aside for arbitrating or litigating future use of the funds.

Escrow account legal definition of Escrow account. Escrow account synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
ESCROW ACCOUNT
Something of value, such as a deed, stock, money, or written instrument, that is put into the custody of a third person by its owner, a grantor, an obligor, or a promisor, to be retained until the occurrence of a contingency or performance of a condition.

An escrow also refers to a writing deposited with someone until the performance of an act or the occurrence of an event specified in that writing. The directions given to the person who accepts delivery of the document are called the escrow agreement and are binding between the person who promises and the person to whom the promise is made. The writing is held in escrow by a third person until the purpose of the underlying agreement is accomplished. When the condition specified in the escrow agreement is performed, the individual holding the writing gives it over to the party entitled to receive it. This is known as the second delivery.

The Patriot Act was moved through Congress in less than 6 weeks following the attacks, precisely because it allowed the president and his cabinet newly enacted power that cut through normal bureaucratic bullshit, such as Obama and his have had to try to cut through regarding the oil spill. Without the Patriot Act, there would have been months of haggling over who had authority to do what with regard to the invasion of Afghanistan, new surveillance laws, etc. No president can just abandon previously enacted laws separating powers, cancel or fast-track licensing or existing appropriated federal funding, nor step all over protocol, without running into bureaucratic opposition.

So we need a new version of the Patriot Act to deal with the oil spill, lets call it the Obama saves the oceans bill.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNkVmdicvA&feature=related]YouTube - Obama Claiming He Can Halt the Rise of the Oceans[/ame]

Imagine if a Republican President held a 20 Minute photo-op on this and then called it a "Meeting?" What would the Left Wing nutters say about that? Someone needs to tell this President that this is kind of a big f*cking deal and a 20 Minute photo-op just isn't gonna cut it. My God,they should be conducting round the clock meetings on this horrifying calamity. 20 Minutes?? Still can't believe that Bull Chit.

Were you once struck by lightening or something so that you need to repeat the same thing every few minutes? All the while ignoring the truth?

NOW what are you talking about? An escrow account no way, no how is money set aside for arbitrating or litigating future use of the funds.

Escrow account legal definition of Escrow account. Escrow account synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
ESCROW ACCOUNT
Something of value, such as a deed, stock, money, or written instrument, that is put into the custody of a third person by its owner, a grantor, an obligor, or a promisor, to be retained until the occurrence of a contingency or performance of a condition.

An escrow also refers to a writing deposited with someone until the performance of an act or the occurrence of an event specified in that writing. The directions given to the person who accepts delivery of the document are called the escrow agreement and are binding between the person who promises and the person to whom the promise is made. The writing is held in escrow by a third person until the purpose of the underlying agreement is accomplished. When the condition specified in the escrow agreement is performed, the individual holding the writing gives it over to the party entitled to receive it. This is known as the second delivery.

Wow, you can look on a website and find definitions. I can look too, and find stories about the last time an escrow account was set up to deal with an oil spill.

The BP Escrow Fund: Chaos to Come - Politics - The Atlantic

How many can you post from Fox criticizing ANY Republican?

The real problem is they want Obama to become "aggressive".

The US has no ability to close this gushing well, none whatsoever. Only a true idiot would bitch at someone whose help you need. There is plenty of time for that later.
You need to push, you need to cajole. Even show a little exasperation, but always be supportive. Until the well is closed.

Then you can go nuts.

What is wrong with these people? Does EVERYTHING have to be explained?

Wouldn't know, I don't watch Fox.

We do have the ability to close the well, we just are not going to use it because Obama is a moral coward and knows that if he does use it the world will hate him. That is the difference between a leader and a politician, leaders can accept not being liked if they do the right thing, politicians would rather be liked for doing the wrong thing.

I am not criticizing Obama for his attitude, or lack thereof, I am criticizing him for his incompetence and lack of action.

Not only is that an illiterate assumption, but it makes no sense. If he COULD cap the well, Obama would be seen as a hero, fool.

I give up. I really didn't think the lunatics from the right could get any dumber, but I keep being proven wrong.

Wow.....ODS AND BDS now permeate MSNBC...who would have forseen that ODS just a few short months ago? Perhaps MSNBC'ers are just deranged.

Actually it's OCD that has permeated the country. Must...get...Obama...must...get...Obama...must...get...Obama.

Pathetic.

For 8 years Bush was blamed for everything. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

Oh I get it all right. And from the numerous "thanks" you received, it proves that there is only ONE thing yawl really care about, and that's revenge. How very "American" of you. Just curious, though, what will your reaction be when YOU are once again on the receiving end of karma?

The BP portion of the "Meeting" lasted only 20 Minutes. Must suck to be a loyal Hopey Changey sycophant right about now huh? Yea just keep defending the indefensible. You Hopey Changeys just look pathetic at this point.

The BP executives arrived with their own entourage of staff, sitting at the same table with Obama and his entourage of cabinet members and staff. Obama later had a one-on-one face-to-face meeting for 20 minutes with the Chairman of BP.

And fuck off with the "hopey-changey" cutesy bullshit you always post. Some of the Republican 2012 hopefuls are already using the word "change" in their own mantras. "Change" is what happens every four or eight years, stupid. Imagine that.

Really...

...since when did people like you oppose deepwater drilling?

Answer me this. Why did Congress in 1995 cut royalty rates for deepwater drilling in the Gulf?

Because environuts wouldn't let them approve drilling on land, and they needed to encourage oil companies to take risks they would not otherwise take.

That is pure bullshit. You clowns are daft.

Not only is that an illiterate assumption, but it makes no sense. If he COULD cap the well, Obama would be seen as a hero, fool.

I give up. I really didn't think the lunatics from the right could get any dumber, but I keep being proven wrong.

Really?

No Surprise: U.S. Rejects Nuclear Option for Gulf Oil Gusher - Dot Earth Blog - NYTimes.com

Do you still think the wacky left, or the Nobel Prize committee would view him as a hero for setting off a nuke in the Gulf, even if it worked? Maybe I am not the illiterate one here.

President Reagan, possibly more than any other president, was a visionary. [...]
Ronald Reagan was a Grade-B movie actor who got over on the mass of narrow-minded Conservatives who are easily swindled by anyone who is draped in a flag and talks a lot of patriotic bullshit. He was a dunce, the archetypal corporate puppet and a union-busting sonofabitch who sowed the seeds of the economic and environmental problems we're having today.

Jimmy Carter had a lot of problems but he was an honest, decent man who had a sincere interest in doing what was best for the Nation. He deserved a second term and we should have given it to him instead of tossing him aside for the first representative of the Military Industrial Complex and the architect of America's decline.

To hell with Ronald Reagan!

Reagan was clueless. He was a simpleminded figurehead. He was the male Sarah Palin.

Some of you Hopey Changey sycophants should look at the title of this thread one more time. It's actually some of your own fellow Hopey Changey butt-sniffers who are now criticizing him. DOH!! Looks like NBC just lost some more viewers. :)

ESCROW ACCOUNT

Wow, you can look on a website and find definitions. I can look too, and find stories about the last time an escrow account was set up to deal with an oil spill.

Bingo! Now we know how NOT to set one up. Do you seriously think the principles involved here didn't look at the failure of the Valdez payback? Grow a fucking brain.

Let me ask you this, genius, exactly what would YOU do about BP paying its dues to the victims it is responsible for?

President Reagan, possibly more than any other president, was a visionary. [...]
Ronald Reagan was a Grade-B movie actor who got over on the mass of narrow-minded Conservatives who are easily swindled by anyone who is draped in a flag and talks a lot of patriotic bullshit. He was a dunce, the archetypal corporate puppet and a union-busting sonofabitch who sowed the seeds of the economic and environmental problems we're having today.

Jimmy Carter had a lot of problems but he was an honest, decent man who had a sincere interest in doing what was best for the Nation. He deserved a second term and we should have given it to him instead of tossing him aside for the first representative of the Military Industrial Complex and the architect of America's decline.

To hell with Ronald Reagan!

Reagan was clueless. He was a simpleminded figurehead. He was the male Sarah Palin.

If so, why do you waste so much time blogging about such "simpleminded" people? I.e., I don't know many people who would waste too much time on, say, nitwits like Olberman or maybe Friedman.... yet you guys have posted thousands of posts on Reagan and Palin.

See, I don't thnk for a second that Obama is a "simpleminded" guy... is he smart? No. Is he intelligent? Yes. Is he dangerous... EXTREMELY... far more so than an Olberman or a Maddow.. they're at most, inconsequential.

Really?

No Surprise: U.S. Rejects Nuclear Option for Gulf Oil Gusher - Dot Earth Blog - NYTimes.com

Do you still think the wacky left, or the Nobel Prize committee would view him as a hero for setting off a nuke in the Gulf, even if it worked? Maybe I am not the illiterate one here.

WTF? Obama never suggested the well be nuked. Your point?

When Hopey Changey butt-sniffers like Olberboy & Madcow start criticizing him,you know there's trouble in Hopey Changey Town. Hmm?

ESCROW ACCOUNT

Bingo! Now we know how NOT to set one up. Do you seriously think the principles involved here didn't look at the failure of the Valdez payback? Grow a fucking brain.

Let me ask you this, genius, exactly what would YOU do about BP paying its dues to the victims it is responsible for?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are lawyers, they see it as a precedent, not a warning.

Really?

WTF? Obama never suggested the well be nuked. Your point?

I am seriously beginning to wonder about your education, you must be a college graduate, as nothing else would explain your lack of reading comprehension.

It was suggested to Obama that a nuke be used, and he nixed it. My point that if he was a leader, and not a politician, he would not be afraid to do whatever is necessary to end the spill. He is not.

This guy has botched things so badly that many are now beginning to think he let this go so long intentionally. He did nothing for so long that it does make you wonder if he did that on purpose so he could push his Global Warming legislation. Now i'm not sure if it was incompetence alone. There could have been some serious crimes committed with this thing. The fact he waited so long to do anything really does make people wonder.

Olbermann is lame. He'd go after Bush for the Patriot Act and wars but he goes after Obama for a lack of direction (while Obama has supported and carried on the things he attacked Bush for)...

Don't expect anything more from the blood stained hands of GE...

Forum List

Back