MSNBC had its least-watched and lowest-rated total-day results of the year last week.

For all you lefty bun wads constantly howling about the demise of the Fox audience as well as similar lies about Rush, Hannity, et al, from the linked article...

"For MSNBC, last week’s total day results were down 17% in viewers and 22% among the demo from the comparable May 14 to May 18 week of last year. In primetime, the numbers were even worse as a steady decline from the beginning of the year continued. The network had 570,000 total viewers and 159,000 in the demo from 8-11 PM from May 13 to May 17, 2013. That’s the lowest-rated week of the year so far for MSNBC in terms of viewers and the third-lowest of 2013 in the demo. The week of May 6-12 was worst in the demo with 148,000 viewers when the network had 604,000 viewers on average. These latest results come as the news network’s recently launched and struggling All In With Chris Hayes hit a new viewership los of 396,000 and its second-lowest demo audience of just 88,000 on May 14. It also comes on the heels of MSNBC falling in April ratings from its second place ranking of the year before."

Bolding courtesy of yours truly...just because it made me smile.

It's obvious where to tune for the facts.

"Facts" don't sell. Hair-on-fire drama is what sells. Have you never heard the maxim "if it bleeds it leads"? That's why.
What sells is angst and conflict and soap opera and sensationalism. Show me the top ratings on TV and I'll show you exactly those elements. Been that way since TV began. That's why nobody ever made money doing straight news.

I presume the point of the OP is that Fox Noise does a better job of hair-on-fire fearmongering than MSNBC does.

Yeah I'll buy that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back