MSNBC 1,000 word ode to LBJ: Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist

Caro's book is full of innuendo and a bad attempt at a smear job. Johnson was helping out black colleges and black people and latinos long before it was popular to do so, mostly outside of his Congressional district as well, where it did no good re votes or support, from the beginnings of his political career as a secretary for Senator, which is also in Caro's book. I have the whole series. Caro found no evidence of anything, as a reading of the book will demonstrate.

Left wing commies hate him for Viet Nam and resisting their commie masters' takeover of that country as well as stepping in to back Israel when the French bailed out of the ME, cutting off the Soviet Union's attempt to make it a satellite of theirs, and this also led to the defeat of their Arab client states in 1967 and 1973, which the Arabs blamed on the Soviets for not supplying them with the latest tanks and rockets, which was bullshit, they lost because they were stupid, but nonetheless the rift never healed, as as we know the Soviets collapsed in 1973, largely due to the effects of Johnson's policies in Viet Nam, Africa, and the ME. The Soviet's propaganda war against Johnson has been taken up by the false flag operatives on the right wing now, which is even more shallow and feckless than the European left's campaigns of the 1960's and 1970's.

Last edited:
Caro's book is full of innuendo and a bad attempt at a smear job. Johnson was helping out black colleges and black people and latinos long before it was popular to do so, mostly outside of his Congressional district as well, where it did no good re votes or support, from the beginnings of his political career as a secretary for Senator, which is also in Caro's book. I have the whole series.

And before politics, as a teacher with Texas Latinos.

Fun fact: LBJ was the first POTUS since Ulysses Grant to prosecute the Klan. The link mentions, however briefly, that he cajoled J. Edgar Hoover into going after KKK while Hoover was still mired in "duh communists" of the Red Scare daze.

Caro's book is full of innuendo and a bad attempt at a smear job. Johnson was helping out black colleges and black people and latinos long before it was popular to do so, mostly outside of his Congressional district as well, where it did no good re votes or support, from the beginnings of his political career as a secretary for Senator, which is also in Caro's book. I have the whole series.

And before politics, as a teacher with Texas Latinos.

Fun fact: LBJ was the first POTUS since Ulysses Grant to prosecute the Klan. The link mentions, however briefly, that he cajoled J. Edgar Hoover into going after KKK while Hoover was still mired in "duh communists" of the Red Scare daze.

At considerable risk to his own life at the time.

black America has been fed excuses by the pro-LBJ folks for generations

no more, folks, no more!

You right wing Snowflakes haven't been remotely successful with your dumbass fake news any more than left wingers have, yet you seem incapable of coming up with anything better either.

no more, folks, no more!

You right wing Snowflakes haven't been remotely successful with your dumbass fake news any more than left wingers have, yet you seem incapable of coming up with anything better either.

That klown is just an attention whore. He has no positions on anything, he's just obsessed with getting his name on the internets.

LBJ railroaded the Gun Control Act of 1968 through a complicit Congress. Of course he was a racist. All gun control policies are inherently elitist, discriminatory, and racist because they presume to restrict people who are otherwise "free" from having "access" to tools, weapons, or supplies deemed by other people to be dangerous in the hands of poor or less fortunate people.

LBJ railroaded the Gun Control Act of 1968 through a complicit Congress. Of course he was a racist. All gun control policies are inherently elitist, discriminatory, and racist because they presume to restrict people who are otherwise "free" from having "access" to tools, weapons, or supplies deemed by other people to be dangerous in the hands of poor or less fortunate people.

People like .... felons... drug addicts...... the mentally deranged....

Didn't bother to look up the "Gun Control Act of 1968" didja.
That's OK, I did. I always do. I figure whatever claptrap you knuckledraggers try to plop in here, there's a shitload left out. And sure enough, there was.

Didn't bother to look up the "Gun Control Act of 1968" didja
People "like" that. We don't like being railroaded on the cattle cars without due process of law.
That's OK, I did. I always do. I figure whatever claptrap you knuckledraggers try to plop in here, there's a shitload left out. And sure enough, there was.
I'm not a Nazi or a liberal either. You left out a shit-ton of civil rights along with the guns you stole from us and the hired-ass mercenary cops and soldiers you have shooting and killing unarmed and disarmed civilians whom you have blacklisted and prohibited from possession firearms in your vicious red-light district court system.

LBJ was as racist as they come. Called African Americans "n-words" all the time.

After he got the Great Fucking Society program passed, he addressed the NAACP Convention "with this welfare legislation, I will have you n****** voting Democrat for a hundred years"

no more, folks, no more!

That klown is just an attention whore. He has no positions on anything, he's just obsessed with getting his name on the internets.
i'm a bad bitch. been that bitch. still that bitch!

LBJ was as racist as they come. Called African Americans "n-words" all the time.

After he got the Great Fucking Society program passed, he addressed the NAACP Convention "with this welfare legislation, I will have you n****** voting Democrat for a hundred years"

No verifiable source for it, of course. I'm intimately familiar with the culture he came out of; no one ever used the term '******' except the lower class types. He would have used the term 'colored' exclusively. You don't know anything about it, just repeating some stupid trash you read on a fever swamp site.

Caro's book is full of innuendo and a bad attempt at a smear job. Johnson was helping out black colleges and black people and latinos long before it was popular to do so, mostly outside of his Congressional district as well, where it did no good re votes or support, from the beginnings of his political career as a secretary for Senator, which is also in Caro's book. I have the whole series. Caro found no evidence of anything, as a reading of the book will demonstrate.

Left wing commies hate him for Viet Nam and resisting their commie masters' takeover of that country as well as stepping in to back Israel when the French bailed out of the ME, cutting off the Soviet Union's attempt to make it a satellite of theirs, and this also led to the defeat of their Arab client states in 1967 and 1973, which the Arabs blamed on the Soviets for not supplying them with the latest tanks and rockets, which was bullshit, they lost because they were stupid, but nonetheless the rift never healed, as as we know the Soviets collapsed in 1973, largely due to the effects of Johnson's policies in Viet Nam, Africa, and the ME. The Soviet's propaganda war against Johnson has been taken up by the false flag operatives on the right wing now, which is even more shallow and feckless than the European left's campaigns of the 1960's and 1970's.
Johnson was using race as a political tool ......

No verifiable source for it, of course
No shit. Guns are banned and none of us niggas have ever passed Democrat verification for employment in this life. You expect our dope to be "verifiable" on Democrat fact-checking sites or else we get booted off Facebook Twitter Instagram and all the other social media too. Democrats are Democrats and always were ever since the Civil War.

Johnson was using race as a political tool ......

Except it wouldn't have benefited him politically, even in the 1960's, so that spin fails. Republicans on the other hand had always taken the black vote for granted and did little or nothing for them until the Democrats started getting black votes under FDR, then they suddenly got all concerned about creating the appearance of 'action' and trying to get their votes back. Every voting and civil rights bill could have passed without a single GOP voting on them, despite the bloc of Democrats who voted against them. In Texas the Democratic vote was over 2 to 1 against Johnson's bills; he would have gained a lot more by opposing them than voting for them from the 1930's on, even if he ran in 1968,

Equality was not only reached but exceeded for "blacks" as far as being casualties in Vietnam went.

Equality was not only reached but exceeded for "blacks" as far as being casualties in Vietnam went.

the middle classes suddenly got all interested in scholarship and skool when warming a seat in one exempted them from the draft. That's when Jr.Colleges sudenly got popular and the endless cycles of grade inflation set in to the point now, when a drooling lobotimized 5 year old can graduate Harvard with a doctorate.

At 18 in '66, faced with the choice, "College or Vietnam?", the 'choice' was pretty clear and easy, if college was possible at all.

the middle classes suddenly got all interested in scholarship and skool when warming a seat in one exempted them from the draft. That's when Jr.Colleges sudenly got popular and the endless cycles of grade inflation set in to the point now, when a drooling lobotimized 5 year old can graduate Harvard with a doctorate
We were still suffering from WWII industrialism — kids were smoking too much pot and doing uneducated stupid shit at work.

You didn't want to be drafted in those days, and you really didn't want to serve as a military officer either — that was even worse despite nominally higher pay and better quarters, and there were other officers over you with higher rank — and for obvious reasons you were not allowed to hang out with "the guys" either — military rank did not admit of safety in numbers especially in that situation in those days, and officers' quarters have always been first degree murder territory.

Forum List

Back