MR OBAMA...you are the President of the United States - ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do Progressives see war as the only response?

I don't hear too many progressives clamoring for war. What I hear are chicken hawks. Sitting in the safety of their living rooms urging the president to send someone else's kids to fight.

Reagan demolished the USSR without firing a shot.
....'Cause Gorbechov did all the (actual) heavy-lifting.

You History-challenged 'Baggers are toooooooooooooooo amusing!!!

ReRon Reagan would have to stand on his Mother's shoulders, to....

Foreign policy is not Obambi's forte. He specializes in community organizing, deficit creation, and job destroying. Biden is the foreign policy expert ......he's fishing this week.

Jesus Christ!!!
Jimmy Carter was tougher than this!!
While our embarrassingly mighty mouse President consults the U.N. - Libya continues to pound its citizens.
This President simply cannot or will not understand that the entire free world looks to America for leadership.
Mr. Obama - you are not just another leader in the global community...you ARE the leader of the global community. Until America acts - no one does. The U.N. will negotiate and bloviate for months on end - you are the most powerful man on earth - ACT LIKE IT!!
Either get involved or say you are not going to get involved!!! For God's sake you don't say you will back the rebels...and then not do anything to help them!!
You don't tell a dictator that he needs to step down immediately - and then do nothing when he bombs his own people.
You are IT...there is NO ONE ELSE...if you do nothing no one else will either.

For f*cks sake - FRANCE - stepped up to the plate before we did !!!!:cuckoo:

We are broke, remember? We can't afford to help the Libyan people, asshole.

Bullshit, help them, then Bill the new Government for services rendered. They are begging for help, it's not like we would be going in to a place that does not want our help. Libya has plenty of oil to pay for it.

I don't hear too many progressives clamoring for war. What I hear are chicken hawks. Sitting in the safety of their living rooms urging the president to send someone else's kids to fight.

Reagan demolished the USSR without firing a shot.
....'Cause Gorbechov did all the (actual) heavy-lifting.

You History-challenged 'Baggers are toooooooooooooooo amusing!!!

ReRon Reagan would have to stand on his Mother's shoulders, to....

You are the one who is challenged when it comes to history. Gorby just oversaw the collapse. The Demise of the Soviet union, According to them, was brought about mostly by their attempts to match US spending on Nukes and other military. Basically we out spent them. So much that it became clear to them they could not keep up tech wise.

Jesus Christ!!!
While our embarrassingly mighty mouse President consults the U.N. - Libya continues to pound its citizens.
This President simply cannot or will not understand that the entire free world looks to America for leadership.
Mr. Obama - you are not just another leader in the global community...you ARE the leader of the global community. Until America acts - no one does. The U.N. will negotiate and bloviate for months on end - you are the most powerful man on earth - ACT LIKE IT!!
Either get involved or say you are not going to get involved!!! For God's sake you don't say you will back the rebels...and then not do anything to help them!!
You don't tell a dictator that he needs to step down immediately - and then do nothing when he bombs his own people.

We are broke, remember? We can't afford to help the Libyan people, asshole.

Bullshit, help them, then Bill the new Government for services rendered. They are begging for help, it's not like we would be going in to a place that does not want our help. Libya has plenty of oil to pay for it.

Remember when were going to bill the Iraqis?

Bahrain and Syria have oil as well - should we intervene in those countries?

Jesus Christ!!!

So, you thinkk the American people want the president to get us into another war? Something tells me you're not reading the American people very well. BTW, are you in the military? If not, you do realize that that just makes you a chicken hawk. If you want to throw the dictator out, go and join the military. Don't get brave with someone else's life.

You weren't speaking to me, but I want to address the part about telling him to "go join the military" if he wants to topple a dictator.

I want to topple that dicator, and others. Like it or not, we are the world police. Obama DOES NOT LIKE THAT. Obama has never liked the USA to be the world leader. He's never liked us being the big dog on the block, and now, he wants to lead us exactly like we are just one of the many nations in the world, not THE nation in the world.

But, I'd love to join the military. But I can't. They won't take me. I'm 38. Now, I know the Army and Navy have age limits that are 42/39 now, but I'm disabled from my prior police job. BUT before that, I attempted to get into USMC OCS. Was told I'm too old (at the age of 29) and could only enlist. I wanted OCS, because I didn't wanna join the military and make less than I made as a cop (turns out, enlisted total compensation after 3 years was same as a cop, so it didn't matter).

Anyhow, I'm not a military person, just a huge supporter/admirer of our military. However, I humbly think the military would do well to open it's ranks a bit. Not lower standards. Far from it. But maybe adjust it's age requirements a bit. Many men reach age 32-36 before they figure out what they wanna do. I understand restricting infantry and heavy combat duty to the younger and fitter. But there are a lot of good, smart people out there, who are mature and patriotic, who would love to join but can't. Anyway, just my 2 cents. My disability prevents me from sprinting/running. However, I'd give anything to join and be given a job to serve where that isn't required. Just can't do it though.

That said, we need to topple Ghaddafi. At least until some other nation in the world decides to grow a pair and start keeping peace in the world.

Libya's Gaddafi Given Ultimatum

"US President Barack Obama has said Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi must obey the UN's demands or face military action.

He said Thursday's UN Security Council resolution, which demanded an immediate ceasefire, was not negotiable.

He said the entire region could be destabilised if Col Gaddafi was allowed to continue attacking his own people.

Mr Obama said Col Gaddafi's troops must pull back from rebel-held towns including Benghazi, and the authorities must allow in humanitarian aid.

"If he does not comply, the international community will impose consequences," said Mr Obama. "The resolution will be enforced by military action."

But the US president stressed that the initiative was an international effort.

"The United States is not going to deploy ground troops into Libya and we're not going to use force to go beyond a well-defined goal, specifically the protection of civilians in Libya," he said.

The British and French, along with some Arab allies, are expected to play a leading role in any initial air strikes.

French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said everything was ready to launch military strikes, and that a ceasefire would need to cover the whole country."

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Good Lord - you guys see the clip of the Presidents meandering?
He even SOUNDS like a U.N. talking head!

He spent 9 of the 10 minutes making sure everyone knows he won't do anything without asking the U.N. first.

2011-03-18-digest-cartoon-2.jpg

He spent 9 of the 10 minutes making sure everyone knows he won't do anything without asking the U.N. first.

That is exactly where, in his mind, the USA belongs. UNDER the UN, without being able to take action on anything without their permission.

Understand Obama's core ideals first, then everything makes perfect sense after. Until then, it makes no sense. It looks like he's just winging it.

But once we understand Obama's core values, then every single thing he does makes sense. He wants United States superpower to be a thing of the past. He wants us on equal footing with France, Norway, China, India, etc, etc, etc, just 1 of the many, not the 1 to lead the many.

The Presidents speech in a nutshell for those who don't want to cringe for 11 minutes...

"Good Afternoon...first and foremost I want to begin by saying that America is not any better than any other country. Secondly, the U.N. is the true authority in any global matters and I will heed that authority."

"Now...Qadaffi must stop attacking his own people or he will face the consequences...and let it be understood [pause for effect] those consequences will NOT come from America but the U.N."

"I will end today's message with something everyone should think about...America is just another nation, nothing special, me making this announcement doesn't mean I am really that important in the global theatre..I am but a voice for American citizens to let them know (and ahem...especially my base) that I don't think America has the right to do anything, that we will abide by U.N. decisions...thank you and God ble...er...good night"

Jesus Christ!!!

It's about time France stepped up and they should take Scotland with them and the UK.. We have enough to do.

I presume you support military intervention in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria and Darfur as well -right?

And why would you presume that?
Please point out where I said anything that would lead you to this conclusion.
Well, you do seem awfully upset that France "Stepped up to the plate" before the US to intervene to stop a leader from "pounding its citizens".

As it turns out, leaders are pounding their citizens in the aforementioned nations as well.

Piece those two bits of information together.

That would require effort, would it not?

Jesus Christ!!!

And just who the fuck are YOU???

The Presidents speech in a nutshell for those who don't want to cringe for 11 minutes...

"Good Afternoon...first and foremost I want to begin by saying that America is not any better than any other country. Secondly, the U.N. is the true authority in any global matters and I will heed that authority."

"Now...Qadaffi must stop attacking his own people or he will face the consequences...and let it be understood [pause for effect] those consequences will NOT come from America but the U.N."

"I will end today's message with something everyone should think about...America is just another nation, nothing special, me making this announcement doesn't mean I am really that important in the global theatre..I am but a voice for American citizens to let them know (and ahem...especially my base) that I don't think America has the right to do anything, that we will abide by U.N. decisions...thank you and God ble...er...good night"

I'm sorry, but the bold sections (mine) bother me. And I'm not quite sure why.
I guess maybe because I'd like our "leader" to be more....what? What's the word that fits?
I'm at a loss.

That is exactly where, in his mind, the USA belongs. UNDER the UN, without being able to take action on anything without their permission.

Understand Obama's core ideals first, then everything makes perfect sense after. Until then, it makes no sense. It looks like he's just winging it.

But once we understand Obama's core values, then every single thing he does makes sense. He wants United States superpower to be a thing of the past. He wants us on equal footing with France, Norway, China, India, etc, etc, etc, just 1 of the many, not the 1 to lead the many.

What's the vital national interest that the U.S. has in Libya that justifies unilateral pre-emptive military action?

The sooner we stop pretending to be a superpower and stop pretending we give a shit what happens in a shithole like Libya the better off this country will be.

Jesus Christ!!!

So, you thinkk the American people want the president to get us into another war? Something tells me you're not reading the American people very well. BTW, are you in the military? If not, you do realize that that just makes you a chicken hawk. If you want to throw the dictator out, go and join the military. Don't get brave with someone else's life.

You weren't speaking to me, but I want to address the part about telling him to "go join the military" if he wants to topple a dictator.

I want to topple that dicator, and others. Like it or not, we are the world police. Obama DOES NOT LIKE THAT. Obama has never liked the USA to be the world leader. He's never liked us being the big dog on the block, and now, he wants to lead us exactly like we are just one of the many nations in the world, not THE nation in the world.

But, I'd love to join the military. But I can't. They won't take me. I'm 38. Now, I know the Army and Navy have age limits that are 42/39 now, but I'm disabled from my prior police job. BUT before that, I attempted to get into USMC OCS. Was told I'm too old (at the age of 29) and could only enlist. I wanted OCS, because I didn't wanna join the military and make less than I made as a cop (turns out, enlisted total compensation after 3 years was same as a cop, so it didn't matter).

Anyhow, I'm not a military person, just a huge supporter/admirer of our military. However, I humbly think the military would do well to open it's ranks a bit. Not lower standards. Far from it. But maybe adjust it's age requirements a bit. Many men reach age 32-36 before they figure out what they wanna do. I understand restricting infantry and heavy combat duty to the younger and fitter. But there are a lot of good, smart people out there, who are mature and patriotic, who would love to join but can't. Anyway, just my 2 cents. My disability prevents me from sprinting/running. However, I'd give anything to join and be given a job to serve where that isn't required. Just can't do it though.

That said, we need to topple Ghaddafi. At least until some other nation in the world decides to grow a pair and start keeping peace in the world.

How old was R.E. Lee when he led one of the greatest armies ever?

Forum List

Back