Mr.Marbles in America!

MrMarbles

Jun 8, 2004
Canada baby!
Thats right folks, hold on to your breeches! Mr.Marbles is headed south, southern California to be exact. It should be quite the ride. Me (and a close personnal friend of mine) will be packing it up and moving on down. We both were offered jobs and have decided to go down and see what all the fuss is about. Isn't that a weird twist of fate.

MrMarbles said:
Thats right folks, hold on to your breeches! Mr.Marbles is headed south, southern California to be exact. It should be quite the ride. Me (and a close personnal friend of mine) will be packing it up and moving on down. We both were offered jobs and have decided to go down and see what all the fuss is about. Isn't that a weird twist of fate.

Where in SoCal? I grew up in Newport Beach.

i thought all the libbies were going to leave the country when Bush was elected. looks like they are flooding in instead....

guess the job market in ol' Canay-duh ain't so great if you are looking for work here...AND are OFFERED a job. Our job market must be pretty good if we are calling people in America Jr. and offering them positions they can't seem to fill with our current residents. So much for the "Bush caused millions of jobs lost" argument.

-=d=- said:
If you pass thru seattle, lemme know, and i'll buy for you a 'real' beer.

I didn't know yo guys had Alexander Keiths! :beer:

MrMarbles, are you going to become a citizen? They allow for dual citizenship nowadays...

I have a temp. work visa, at the very most I will be around for three, nine month periods.

guess the job market in ol' Canay-duh ain't so great if you are looking for work here...AND are OFFERED a job. Our job market must be pretty good if we are calling people in America Jr. and offering them positions they can't seem to fill with our current residents. So much for the "Bush caused millions of jobs lost" argument.

It's a little bit more complicated then that. My job is basically seasonal, until I move up in rank.

I had been looking for a position in a warmer climate so that I can work there during our winter, and go back to Canada for the summer. I first searched through commonwealth countries, Australia, GB, NZL, etc.. But Cali had exactly the type of position I wanted, and on top of all that my best bud had an offer in the same area.

So basically I going to the States to gain some diverse experience, and pad my resume, then I'll go back to Canada.

And one of the reasons why they didn't hire an American , was because Canada has an internationaly recognized traingin system that is envied by a lot of the world.

Forum List

Back