"Moving" threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Okay, call this a mild complaint because you can always find where they've been moved to, but I just don't get the rationale behind it sometimes. The two threads regarding liberalism v. conservatism (20 Hypocracies of Liberalism) and the one I just posted (The Psychology of liberals v. conservatives) both concern POLITICS, in general. So why were they moved?

It just seems to me that in today's political environment, everything can be considered a potential "flaming" issue, so isn't it a waste of time to move stuff like this to the "Flame Zone"???

What must the litmus test be for a "POLITICAL" item to stay right where it is? If I knew, I'd make sure I put a topic in its proper place.

if you have a question about moderation the way to pursue it is either via PM to a staff member or by reporting a post.

having said that, after awhile, one can tell if something is posted to inform, stimulate debate or inflame. my guess would be that the mod(s) who moved the posts you've mentioned used their judgement based on experience and moved them to what they felt was the appropriate forum, in this case, flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back