Movie ..In Harm's Way..1965

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It's a long movie, around 3 hours but I like it. Duke Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Pat Neil. It's an epic WW2 account of the Pearl Harbor attack. The Duke's character, Rock Torry's son was a Harvard PT boat officer and the Duke was the skipper of a Cruiser that was hit by Japanese torpedos while it was not zig zagging and relieved of duty. Lots of hints to real characters and incidents and fun to recount.

As well as Barbara Bouchet wearing 1960's fashion in 1941...

barbara_bouchet_pole_dancing_in_harms_way.jpg

When you're hot, you're hot...

crash5.7866.jpg

Hawaii had really strict adultery laws in the '40s.

The Kirk Douglas character was able to identify his wife after a horrific crash and explosion and fire without so much as a grimace. What a guy. The Duke's movie son, Brandon De Wildie would die in a motorcycle accident a couple of years after the movie was released. For my money his part was based on JFK's Navy service.

Last edited:
As for Patricia Neal, despite being married to Roald Dahl and being in several of my favorite movies ('The Fountainhead' 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'),

she is Boner Kryptonite.

The Kirk Douglas character was able to identify his wife after a horrific crash and explosion and fire without so much as a grimace. What a guy. The Duke's movie son, Brandon De Wildie would die in a motorcycle accident a couple of years after the movie was released. For my money his part was based on JFK's Navy service.
Shane!

As for Patricia Neal, despite being married to Roald Dahl and being in several of my favorite movies ('The Fountainhead' 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'),

she is Boner Kryptonite.
Great actress

New Topics

Forum List

Back