MoveOn.org's latest ad

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.drudgereport.com/moveon.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU SEP 16, 2004 14:15:21 ET XXXXX

NEW MOVEON.ORG AD SHOWS DEFEATED U.S. SOLDIER

NARRATOR: "George Bush misled us into war with Iraq, sending poorly equipped soldiers into battle. He said 'Mission Accomplished,' yet almost every day more soldiers die."

CHYRON: "Over 1,000 U.S. Soldiers Killed"

NARRATOR: "Going it alone, George Bush has spent $150 billion dollars, money we need for schools and health care."

CHYRON: "$150 Billion"

NARRATOR: "Now, facing a growing insurgency, he has no real plan to end the war. George Bush got us into this quagmire. It will take a new president to get us out. MoveOn PAC is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

CHYRON: "Quagmire;" MoveOn PAC Disclaimer

X X X X X

Bush-Cheney '04 Campaign Chairman Gov. Marc Racicot issued the following statement regarding the MoveOn.Org ad:

"When John Kerry speaks before the National Guard today, he should apologize for the actions of his surrogates and demand that they take down their ad depicting a defeated American soldier.

"John Kerry's campaign is rooted in the past, hollow with pessimism, and preaching defeat to the American people.

"John Kerry's continually shifting positions on Iraq and his sinking rhetoric of a defeated America send a signal to our allies and our enemies that America is not willing to finish the job. This attitude undermines the great progress that the men and women in America's armed forces have made in the fight against terror around the world. America expects more from one who aspires to the position of Commander-in-Chief." Developing...

It just proves my assertion that one of the most vital attributes the successful liar possesses is sheer audacity.

With John Kerry's voting record, they're going to talk about POORLY-EQUIPPED SOLDIERS???!!!!

Their hypocrisy is dizzying.

Yes, their hypocrisy is unbelievable. If the soldiers were poorly equipped when sent to Iraq, wonder why that was? Perhaps it was due to the deep cuts in defense by the Clinton Administration so they could brag to the American people that they had balanced the budget, all the while ignoring the attacks on Americans and American property overseas by Al Quada.

Exactly. They get away with saying this stuff precisely because they have the nerve to say it. Anyone with a conscience would have the grace to stammer or blush. But, they lie with practiced ease.

The RNC needs to establish a truth squad whose job would be solely to rebut these outrageous claims ("the spin stops here", as the O'Reilly Factor puts it) at the time they are made.

ive seen the add. its rather sad. Do they really think people are going to like them depicting the soldier surendering? its sad that they think its going to work.

Anyone see the video from Kerry's adress to the National Guard people? all of them looked like they were thinking "Why doesnt this guy shut up, i dont want to listen to this crap"

I go back and forth (uh-oh...flip-flopping!!! ;) ) about whether or not I think Kerry or Bush is going to win the election.

As of late, however, I have been fairly confident that Bush is going to win based on ads like this latest one and Kerry's message of late.

The American people, while apathetic about politics in general, are aware that we are in a tough situation in Iraq...they know that Americans are dying and they hate it...they know that innocent Iraqis are dying and they hate it.

But overall, Americans still feel that we need to stay in Iraq, help the people their gain control of their nation and form whatever type of democracy they choose. They believe in the nobility and honorability of the US Soldier, they believe that their nation is a good one that is trying to help. (Whether or not you believe that is true is irrelevant...I am arguing that the majority of Americans are idealistic and optimistic about the US, and especially our troops).

Bush's message in a nutshell is "We've been through some hard times, very hard times. But we are the US, we are strong, we are good, we are hardworking...we will fight for what we believe in. We will improve our lives, we will help other people improve their lives. We will fight terrorism, we will protect our children, because we are good, honest, moral people."

Kerry's message in a nutshell is, "We have made nothing but mistakes for the last 4 years. The world is crumbling around the US, the entire world despises us and it is entirely our fault. Iraq would have been better off if we had never gone, and the US certainly would have been better off. You need me to clean up the incredible shitstorm that Bush called and restore some dignaty to our sad, defeated, miserable nation."

Plain and simple....Americans don't want to hear Kerry's message, they want to hear Bush's. Americans can handle that they made mistakes...but they do not want gloom and doom, they want optimism about the future...an ad of a soldier in defeat just proves the point. I think this will do nothing to help Kerry and could, like so many things of late, hurt him.

Well said, Gem. It's just further proof that liberals are hopelessly out of touch with ordinary Americans. The only way a liberal can be elected President is to convince everyone that he's NOT a liberal. That takes a special kind of adept, slippery liar.

A couple of months back, one of our board members (wish I could remember who) made a hilarious, but spot on, observation: Kerry lies as much as Clinton; he just doesn't do it as WELL!

The ad is disgusting. It's one thing to attack Bush on his policies, or even his character. It's another thing to depict an American soldier surrendering. Shame on Moveon.org for this terrible depiction of our troops.

Well that pretty much secured the military vote to about 90% Bush. I hope they show it to all the troops too. See what they think of Moveon.org's bullshit.

Hey jeff. Can you make sure ALL absentee ballots are counted this time around? It was a horrible insult to every soldier, swabbie, pilot and marine in the armed forces that not all of their votes were counted because of the Democrats in 2000. I don't know if you have a say in that, but make sure apathy doesnt set in.

insein said:
Well that pretty much secured the military vote to about 90% Bush. I hope they show it to all the troops too. See what they think of Moveon.org's bullshit.

Hey jeff. Can you make sure ALL absentee ballots are counted this time around? It was a horrible insult to every soldier, swabbie, pilot and marine in the armed forces that not all of their votes were counted because of the Democrats in 2000. I don't know if you have a say in that, but make sure apathy doesnt set in.

I wish I had a say in it. But I'm not a lawyer or judge or election worker.

I agree with your assessment, though. Any soldier who sees this should think twice about who they're voting for.

Forum List

Back