MoveOn.org's latest ad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.drudgereport.com/moveon.htm

2. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Good for Governor Racicot!

3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    It just proves my assertion that one of the most vital attributes the successful liar possesses is sheer audacity.

With John Kerry's voting record, they're going to talk about POORLY-EQUIPPED SOLDIERS???!!!!

Their hypocrisy is dizzying.

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Yes, their hypocrisy is unbelievable. If the soldiers were poorly equipped when sent to Iraq, wonder why that was? Perhaps it was due to the deep cuts in defense by the Clinton Administration so they could brag to the American people that they had balanced the budget, all the while ignoring the attacks on Americans and American property overseas by Al Quada.

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Exactly. They get away with saying this stuff precisely because they have the nerve to say it. Anyone with a conscience would have the grace to stammer or blush. But, they lie with practiced ease.

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    The RNC needs to establish a truth squad whose job would be solely to rebut these outrageous claims ("the spin stops here", as the O'Reilly Factor puts it) at the time they are made.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    ive seen the add. its rather sad. Do they really think people are going to like them depicting the soldier surendering? its sad that they think its going to work.

Anyone see the video from Kerry's adress to the National Guard people? all of them looked like they were thinking "Why doesnt this guy shut up, i dont want to listen to this crap"

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I go back and forth (uh-oh...flip-flopping!!! ;) ) about whether or not I think Kerry or Bush is going to win the election.

As of late, however, I have been fairly confident that Bush is going to win based on ads like this latest one and Kerry's message of late.

The American people, while apathetic about politics in general, are aware that we are in a tough situation in Iraq...they know that Americans are dying and they hate it...they know that innocent Iraqis are dying and they hate it.

But overall, Americans still feel that we need to stay in Iraq, help the people their gain control of their nation and form whatever type of democracy they choose. They believe in the nobility and honorability of the US Soldier, they believe that their nation is a good one that is trying to help. (Whether or not you believe that is true is irrelevant...I am arguing that the majority of Americans are idealistic and optimistic about the US, and especially our troops).

Bush's message in a nutshell is "We've been through some hard times, very hard times. But we are the US, we are strong, we are good, we are hardworking...we will fight for what we believe in. We will improve our lives, we will help other people improve their lives. We will fight terrorism, we will protect our children, because we are good, honest, moral people."

Kerry's message in a nutshell is, "We have made nothing but mistakes for the last 4 years. The world is crumbling around the US, the entire world despises us and it is entirely our fault. Iraq would have been better off if we had never gone, and the US certainly would have been better off. You need me to clean up the incredible shitstorm that Bush called and restore some dignaty to our sad, defeated, miserable nation."

Plain and simple....Americans don't want to hear Kerry's message, they want to hear Bush's. Americans can handle that they made mistakes...but they do not want gloom and doom, they want optimism about the future...an ad of a soldier in defeat just proves the point. I think this will do nothing to help Kerry and could, like so many things of late, hurt him.

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Well said, Gem. It's just further proof that liberals are hopelessly out of touch with ordinary Americans. The only way a liberal can be elected President is to convince everyone that he's NOT a liberal. That takes a special kind of adept, slippery liar.

A couple of months back, one of our board members (wish I could remember who) made a hilarious, but spot on, observation: Kerry lies as much as Clinton; he just doesn't do it as WELL!

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    The ad is disgusting. It's one thing to attack Bush on his policies, or even his character. It's another thing to depict an American soldier surrendering. Shame on Moveon.org for this terrible depiction of our troops.