Mother's Day is such a con

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
If I could go back in time and kick Jarvis, I would.

It's a special day. Enjoy your day. Because that's it. That's all you get. The other 364 days you're chopped liver. Your special day is on a Sunday. So, the day before Monday when the kids have to be in school and many have to go to work. Depending on where you live, many stores are closed or open up "after church". Then there are the places with the blue laws.

I think there should be martini mom day on a Friday or Saturday.

Another bloody afternoon spent in a Hallmark store trying to locate cards. Can you tell?

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Now please excuse me while I get breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared as well as vacuum the house, do the dishes and washing, stack the timber, have a game of tennis and go on a ten mile bike ride. Plus get ready for work tomorrow.

Mums; gotta love 'em.

Greg

It's a special day. Enjoy your day. Because that's it. That's all you get. The other 364 days you're chopped liver. Your special day is on a Sunday. So, the day before Monday when the kids have to be in school and many have to go to work. Depending on where you live, many stores are closed or open up "after church". Then there are the places with the blue laws.

Another bloody afternoon spent in a Hallmark store trying to locate cards. Can you tell?

You know what when you lose your mother every day you wish it was mother day and the woman that loved you no matter what a rotten bastard you were you wish was still alive.

Women do not get the credit they deserve in raising a family. Don't get me wrong us men have our roles but it is the mother that nurtures us and is there day in and day out.

So for those that still have that special lady in your life tell her everyday is mothers day and Sunday is just one day a year to remind us selfish children to remember the wonderful being that brought us into this world and raised us to know better even though we never thanked her for all she sacrificed in her life for us...

( Hallmark moment over and yes you can use it if you like it and if not then don't )

Frankly being a mom is the world's GREATEST vocation. It is true; I wonder what feminists think of that??

Greg

You know what when you lose your mother every day you wish it was mother day and the woman that loved you no matter what a rotten bastard you were you wish was still alive.

Women do not get the credit they deserve in raising a family. Don't get me wrong us men have our roles but it is the mother that nurtures us and is there day in and day out.

So for those that still have that special lady in your life tell her everyday is mothers day and Sunday is just one day a year to remind us selfish children to remember the wonderful being that brought us into this world and raised us to know better even though we never thanked her for all she sacrificed in her life for us...

( Hallmark moment over and yes you can use it if you like it and if not then don't )

That's my point.

I never had a mother like that. She was selfish, and my father had to do everything for me and my brother. Despite that, when she died, I was the one who made sure she got a good gravestone, because no one else would do that. And for many years, I prayed for her soul. Because I love my mother, even though she never loved me back.

I never had a mother like that. She was selfish, and my father had to do everything for me and my brother. Despite that, when she died, I was the one who made sure she got a good gravestone, because no one else would do that. And for many years, I prayed for her soul. Because I love my mother, even though she never loved me back.

That explains a few things.

That explains a few things.
Yes, perhaps it does.

My mother had no friends, was disliked by her co-workers, eventually lost her family, and died alone in a parking lot. I devoted my life to having a life nothing like hers, and I have succeeded at that. I have a happy family, a good life, and I've raised three wonderful children. I have no regrets.

I go over and smoke a joint with Ma..

My mother had no friends, was disliked by her co-workers, eventually lost her family, and died alone in a parking lot. I devoted my life to having a life nothing like hers, and I have succeeded at that. I have a happy family, a good life, and I've raised three wonderful children. I have no regrets.

Sure.

Sure.
Not all mothers are good ones, sparky. Mine sucked too.

Forum List

Back